Mix For May - Cordenator

Cordenator

So it's been a few months since a last mix, n thought it's time for another. Gone for a nice full hours worth, tried to get as many different artists as pos, with loadsa big basslines! As always any feedback welcome, be as critical as u want and enjoy!

http://dnbshare.com/download/Mix_For_May.mp3.html

T/L:

Fade - Repugnant
Displaced Paranormals - Telescope
Subtension & Minor Rain - Sklep
Break - Something New (Xtrah Remix)
Dub Phizix Ft. Strategy - The Editor
Enei - Trainchaser
Freeze - Calm Your Ego
Detail - Exhaustion
Hybris - Uproot
Enei - Elephants
Fearful - Gorilla
// Xanadu - Ossus
Nickbee - Human Race (Amoss Remix)
Arkaik - Memories Lost (Diffrent Remix)
Proktah - Trust
Survival & Silent Witness - Immortals
Eastcolors - Rockafella (Detail Remix)
// Andy Pain & Z Connection - Outsider
Overlook, War & Mateba - Rift
// Data - Sinkhole
Commix - Fallen
Clarity - Skirmish
Halogenix - Tender Chain
Noisia & Phace - MPD
// Cern - Confession
Break - Framework
Mercy - Blackjack
Amoss - Why Do We Fall
Enei - Stonehead
Die & Break - Tear Down
Alix Perez & Lynx - Allegiance
Naibu - Into The Distance (Break Remix)

Just had a listen really enjoyed it! Well thought out mix starts quite slow with some minimal tracks but kicks off around here:

Enei - Trainchaser
Freeze - Calm Your Ego
Detail - Exhaustion
Hybris - Uproot

Love the element of surprise when Exhaustion drops was good. Also loved this part of the mix:

Noisia & Phace - MPD
// Cern - Confession
Break - Framework

Going to listen to it again for sure there are a few big tracks I heard which I didn't have a clue what the names were so going to go through it with the tracklist in front of me, nice one :)

Cheers nibz, thanks for listening!

Going to listen to it again for sure there are a few big tracks I heard which I didn't have a clue what the names were so going to go through it with the tracklist in front of me, nice one :)

Yh there are a lot of random tunes in there lol

Safe

Wicked mix, fav part was:

Halogenix - Tender Chain
Noisia & Phace - MPD
// Cern - Confession
Break - Framework
Mercy - Blackjack
Amoss - Why Do We Fall
Enei - Stonehead

As always mixing was spot on, nice choice of tracks. The whole thing flowed perfectly throughout and there were a load of tracks I haven't heard in there which was a brucey bonus.

Lookin forward to the next

Yes Corden - listened a couple of times now as you well know.

Some real standout bits in this mix, but certainly things you can improve on.
Enjoyed the opening 2-3 tunes, got the ball rolling nicely. Not a huge fan of something new remix, but up to there was good.

The change up with the editor made for a contrast of styles to get off the deeper styles into the more techier dnb I know you know I love.

Editor > Trainchaser was super super swish. Wana hear that next time we have a mixup.

Next few mixes were super smooth.

Detail - Exhaustion
Hybris - Uproot
Enei - Elephants
Fearful - Gorilla
// Xanadu - Ossus
Nickbee - Human Race (Amoss Remix)

You know I love that Gorilla tune. Fair play for switching it. As a standalone tune it makes some impact on a listener.

Lots of filter use so far - not a bad thing, but some people may think your a bit too filter "happy"

Did start noticing that one of your channels is bleeding a little before Commix -Fallen comes in (think it was on the breakdown of Rift I could hear you cueing it) Will have to butcher at that other channel on that mixer later.

Blackjack > Why Do We Fall > Stonehead was a naughty 3 tune section. Why Do We Fall is such an underrated B side (as you know I know) Good choice leaving the bass in of WDWF when Stonehead came in. Made for a smooth transition.

I liked the next mix with Stonehead & Tear Down, just before Tear Down drops the vocal snippets talk to each other really well. Just goes to show a steady mix 32 bars after the drop is sometimes better than a double.

Disappointed that Allegiance's bass couldn't be a little louder with the mix with Tear Down...those bass switches would have sounded wicked, not that they were bad but felt it lost a little energy flicking back to Allegiance. Into The Distance kinda took over Allegiance in the last mix, but still clean and tidy.

Not your usual style by any means, but think you did all the tunes justice in this mix, well placed switches and teases, and certainly enough energy.

Looking forward to your liquid mix - and hopefully finishing this Traktor VS Vinyl mix.

Ez.

Nice one Stu! Some gd feedback dude.

Yh, obviously the first recorded mix on this mixer got me carried away with the filter lol.

Well u know who I got that mixer from dont ya! Dont worry it will get sorted v soon.

I did notice while in the mix that allegiance was quiet, the gain and bass were right up too! Proper quiet tune n the mix does lose energy.

Useful feedback man, n yes liquid mix and Traktor vs Vinyl mix soon come!

Safe

Looks pretty wicked when you look more closely at the tracklist, but on initial first glance, it didn't completely grab me.
Stu has smashed the feedback already, so I will mention the tunes and mixes that I really enjoyed in there.

Mildly hectic vibes of Repugnant made for a nice first listen, with its squelching rippled blips & aptly placed breakbeats. Telescope kept things on a deep tip with some haunting notes, and simplistic bass used to great effect. Really do like that Sklep tune. Wished that had made it onto one of those plates for that album. Love the abruptness of it and when Something New came in, that sat very well with the choppy beat of Sklep. Hopefully have something liked up for that Xtrah rmx in the future ;) Thinking that The Editor will make a wicked mix with Something New rmx, just as the first words of Stratagy made themselves know... tune bounces in for full effect. Not a huge fan of Trainchaser, but the way you mixed was quality, filling in some of the beats in The Editor where that steps back and keeping the mix in for a while, treating us to more of the nice blend. Calm Your Ego steps well off the back of Enei's bit.

First members mix I have heard Uproot in and it sounded menacing with its metallic symbols crashing into the winding take off beats of Exhaustion. Would have liked to hear a little more of that mix, but thats just me. The stomps of Elephant complimented Uproot very well, with the bleeping hooks in Uproot pushing through Elephant a treat. Also really like that Gorilla tune too, such a good mildly complex rollerish tune and when the bass funk of Ossus came in, it payed respects to Gorilla. Also liked the way the 2 tunes with an animal title were sat side by side. Then the squelchy bits in Human Race rmx did much the same, but in a different way that I wouldn't normally associate to an Amoss tune. Been toying over picking that tune up. Memories Lost rmx brought some dirty filth to the bass bounces of Human Race rmx with a choice selection. Thought it had been mixed out, but it was back in for more gutter contrast. Not heard Trust before and sounds quality where it is in the mix, plus that blend with Immortals, love that bass in that.

Again, the first members mix that I have heard Rift in. Subtley effective deep colab, and mixed with Sinkhole really brought out the best from both tunes, with those little high end plinks of Sinkhole pushing through. Fallen sounding nice in the mix, and fair play for putting Skirmish in there too for the breakdown in Fallen. Really like Skirmish tune, even though there isn't much going on in it. That little bounce on the beat every so often & have something lined up for that in the future. Never really got fully into using Tender Chain effectively, but do like that tune. Going to have to revisit that.... the way you used it was quality, and sat a treat with the dj friendly structure of Skirmish :) definitely one of, if not my fav mix so far in there, then into MPD as well for some more madness and loved the way the relentless energetic drums of that roll. Confession tease worked well. Loved hearing Framework again & the mix with MPD was special. Up there with another of my fav mixes in there :)

Had been ages since I have heard Why Do We Fall & thanks for reminding me of how good it sounds, especially with Stonehead. Those screeching bits in WDWF eaking out from behind the rolling steps of Stonehead, another wicked mix in there & keeping the blend in for a little longer was nice. Don't think I have ever heard Tear Down in a mix & got it mixed up with Slow Down looking at the TL, but it worked effectively with Slow Down, bringing a contrast of structures that sat well together. Those mildly tribal Lynx style patters in Allegiance sounded nice on the ears with the vocals of Tear Down. Not completely sold on that Break rmx of Into The Distance, but sounded nice as the final tune.

Thoroughly enjoyable listen right the way through, even the tunes that I'm not really fond of or didn't grab me to first few time I heard the tune. Fav mixes were Skirmish - Tender Chain & MPD - Framework. Tight mixing, EQ'ed very well and a high tunes to minutes ratio (32 in 66 mins) without it sounding cluttered or rushed. Quite a varied selection without going too far from the initial direction of the mix, including a couple of handfuls of tunes that I have or like made for a pleasing mix.

Looks pretty wicked when you look more closely at the tracklist, but on initial first glance, it didn't completely grab me.
Stu has smashed the feedback already, so I will mention the tunes and mixes that I really enjoyed in there.

Mildly hectic vibes of Repugnant made for a nice first listen, with its squelching rippled blips & aptly placed breakbeats. Telescope kept things on a deep tip with some haunting notes, and simplistic bass used to great effect. Really do like that Sklep tune. Wished that had made it onto one of those plates for that album. Love the abruptness of it and when Something New came in, that sat very well with the choppy beat of Sklep. Hopefully have something liked up for that Xtrah rmx in the future ;) Thinking that The Editor will make a wicked mix with Something New rmx, just as the first words of Stratagy made themselves know... tune bounces in for full effect. Not a huge fan of Trainchaser, but the way you mixed was quality, filling in some of the beats in The Editor where that steps back and keeping the mix in for a while, treating us to more of the nice blend. Calm Your Ego steps well off the back of Enei's bit.

First members mix I have heard Uproot in and it sounded menacing with its metallic symbols crashing into the winding take off beats of Exhaustion. Would have liked to hear a little more of that mix, but thats just me. The stomps of Elephant complimented Uproot very well, with the bleeping hooks in Uproot pushing through Elephant a treat. Also really like that Gorilla tune too, such a good mildly complex rollerish tune and when the bass funk of Ossus came in, it payed respects to Gorilla. Also liked the way the 2 tunes with an animal title were sat side by side. Then the squelchy bits in Human Race rmx did much the same, but in a different way that I wouldn't normally associate to an Amoss tune. Been toying over picking that tune up. Memories Lost rmx brought some dirty filth to the bass bounces of Human Race rmx with a choice selection. Thought it had been mixed out, but it was back in for more gutter contrast. Not heard Trust before and sounds quality where it is in the mix, plus that blend with Immortals, love that bass in that.

Again, the first members mix that I have heard Rift in. Subtley effective deep colab, and mixed with Sinkhole really brought out the best from both tunes, with those little high end plinks of Sinkhole pushing through. Fallen sounding nice in the mix, and fair play for putting Skirmish in there too for the breakdown in Fallen. Really like Skirmish tune, even though there isn't much going on in it. That little bounce on the beat every so often & have something lined up for that in the future. Never really got fully into using Tender Chain effectively, but do like that tune. Going to have to revisit that.... the way you used it was quality, and sat a treat with the dj friendly structure of Skirmish :) definitely one of, if not my fav mix so far in there, then into MPD as well for some more madness and loved the way the relentless energetic drums of that roll. Confession tease worked well. Loved hearing Framework again & the mix with MPD was special. Up there with another of my fav mixes in there :)

Had been ages since I have heard Why Do We Fall & thanks for reminding me of how good it sounds, especially with Stonehead. Those screeching bits in WDWF eaking out from behind the rolling steps of Stonehead, another wicked mix in there & keeping the blend in for a little longer was nice. Don't think I have ever heard Tear Down in a mix & got it mixed up with Slow Down looking at the TL, but it worked effectively with Slow Down, bringing a contrast of structures that sat well together. Those mildly tribal Lynx style patters in Allegiance sounded nice on the ears with the vocals of Tear Down. Not completely sold on that Break rmx of Into The Distance, but sounded nice as the final tune.

Thoroughly enjoyable listen right the way through, even the tunes that I'm not really fond of or didn't grab me to first few time I heard the tune. Fav mixes were Skirmish - Tender Chain & MPD - Framework. Tight mixing, EQ'ed very well and a high tunes to minutes ratio (32 in 66 mins) without it sounding cluttered or rushed. Quite a varied selection without going too far from the initial direction of the mix, including a couple of handfuls of tunes that I have or like made for a pleasing mix.

Good solid feedback there man, nicely detailed as per usual! I'm surprised u liked that Skirmish - Tender Chain, listenin back to it i wasn't too sure but safe anyways. And that MPD - Framework mix was a personal fave too. I did wonder that I tried to cram too many tunes in too but I did my best to vary each mix as much as pos. Thanks again dude!

Anyone else fancy it?

Back
Top Bottom