Mix CD's (What's the Deal?)

DJ Wizz

Bless, Union, Force FM
VIP Junglist
I was just looking at the track listing for hypes new cd and i started to wonder...

Do all the artists/producers/labels on the CD recieve royalties from the sales of the CD? I'm assuming most of the artists wud have sent the promos to hype for free anyway so...?

How much cut does the DJ get from the sales?

Warner released the essentials cd so they wud most likely take most of the pie... im just curious as to how this all works lol.

If anyone knows anything on how these things work, please let me know.

cheers!

As far as im aware they reiceve royalties and the amount normally varies, as far as Im aware its not normally a massive amount though

You're probably talking pennies per sale, if that. More artists probably give up their tunes for the exposure more than anything.

You're probably talking pennies per sale, if that. More artists probably give up their tunes for the exposure more than anything.

this

plus hype uses his CDs to showcase alot of tunes that come out under playaz (tru playaz/ganja/frontline/blueprint/propaganda/liqweed/ganja-tek...etc.), there's usually more of these than any others

this

plus hype uses his CDs to showcase alot of tunes that come out under playaz (tru playaz/ganja/frontline/blueprint/propaganda/liqweed/ganja-tek...etc.), there's usually more of these than any others

Yeah the nightlife series act as a promotion for the forthcoming ram stuff. Like on nightlife 4 was all the culture shock, subfocus, chase & status stuff. Although not all the tracks were all ram, most of it was artists in the ram stable or associated with andy.

You tend to get a flat fee for licensing, not sure if you can pick up any other royalties through a publisher.

Back
Top Bottom