MIX 7 (100% vinyl)

fuuz3r

junglist
VIP Junglist
My seventh mix in this forum- can't believe it. Anyway, this one is pretty much my usual style. Started a bit deeper and picked up the pace towards the end. I was using two Technics SL-1210MK 5-s, Ecler Nuo 2 mixer. Any kind of feedback, opinion, criticism, like or dislike highly welcome.

GI796BB.png

TRACKLIST:
01. DUB PHIZIX – FOUR (feat. SKEPTICAL)
02. SKEPTICAL – REFRACTION
03. NYMFO – FLOATING POINT
04. MUTE & MAKO – RORSCHACH
05. ED RUSH & OPTICAL – MEDICINE (MATRIX RMX)
06. ULTERIOR MOTIVE – 2098
07. TOTAL SCIENCE & SPY – PLOC MONSTER
08. JUBEI – THE PATH (SKEPTICAL RMX)
09. JUDDA & KRAKOTA – SOLID SHOUT
10. FOREIGN CONCEPT – TRUE ENEMIES
11. ROCKWELL – SHARDS
12. INSTRAMENTAL - HUNTER
13. CERN – MICROMEGA
14. ENEI – ONE CHANCE (EMPEROR REMIX)
15. DUB PHIZIX – CREATOR
16. SABRE – HALO DANGER
17. ENEI – STONEHEAD
18. ALIX PEREZ – MYRIADS (JUBEI RMX)
18. MAZTEK – GALACTICA
19. CALYX & TEEBEE – ELEVATE THIS SOUND
20. PROLIX – WHAT YOU NEED
21. ENEI, NOEL & EASTCOLOURS – CRACKER VIP
21. SPECTRASOUL – MIMIC
22. SPY – SURGE

SOUNDCLOUD PREVIEW (first 10 minutes):

MIXCLOUD:
http://www.mixcloud.com/kristjanv001/mix-7/

DOWNLOAD from Dnbshare:
http://dnbshare.com/download/KRISTJAN_V_-_MIX_7_2013.mp3.html

DOWNLOAD from Mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4hvx82by6y9yqp1

Oh fuck this TL looks ridiculous ayyyyye!!! Theres one bit of the mix that has caught my eye instantly...

05. ED RUSH & OPTICAL – MEDICINE (MATRIX RMX)
06. ULTERIOR MOTIVE – 2098

I BATTER this mix. (y) know exactly how good + clean it sounds.

Will drop back with some thoughts mate this looks absolutely wickard.

Potentially the last mix I get to listen to through the week (as the new work computers don't have a speaker built into them (but will see if I can alter this matter in future)), I got to say that the tracklist grabs me from the outset! All but 8 tunes I know & like, which will make for a quality listen & I haven't pressed play yet. Plus 100% vinyl too, so fair play for that & its nice to know more heads are out there (on here) still representing vinyl :)

Wicked intro with Four. Its demented tones of the first four 32 bar loops set the scene well for the unmistakable rhythmic beats of a Dub Phizix tune to kick in, Refraction is there lurking for the double & the way the hooks in both bounce one after the other is a quality mix & superb selection. I have something lined up on a similar tip with Refraction for a mix in future ;) Also really love Refraction too, so its very nice to hear someone work something into it a treat. Essences of Floating Point start to whisper their way into Refraction lining things up for another double & similar choice selection from the first blend. Nymfo's bass bouncing into the hook of Refraction. The old Virus style Rorscharch rolls well into the ever rolling Floating Point, paving the way for actual Virus goodness in the dose of Medicine rmx. Love the tune that is about to come in, then I can already hear the high pitch hooks drifting, now the distinctive beats & low end take hold. Nice touch letting drop on its own for full effect, but would have liked to hear the mix with Rorscharch still in. Anticipating what will be a quality mix that Stu pointed out with 2098, the marching beats of the aforementioned tune sneak in under the radar for a smooth mix with Medicine rmx from its second part, keeping the mix in for the whole of the first part of 2098 showing some talent. Can't remember how Ploc Monster goes as it starts to build, letting the intro announce its full arrival, for some echod warehouse vibes to to its business from the drop. The Path rmx starts to wander its way into Ploc Monster right near the end of the former tune. Not sure if you missed the key point, but would have brought that in 2 lots of 32 bars previously myself. Leaving tunes to roll to the end tends to bring energy levels down in a mix & ideally you want to keep the energy levels up in a mix. Solid Shout sat well with The Path rmx, with its nasty bass winding through the blend.

Not heard anyone play True Enemies in a members mix since it came out & been wanting to work it into a mix at some point myself, so nice one for including it. I enjoyed hearing the bleepy siren tones of True Enemies in the intro & throughout the tune. The drawn out notes in both Solid Shout & True Enemies vibing off each other well. Shards was nice to hear again too, but came in a bar late. Loved hearing Hunter making its appearance in a mix again & worked very well with Shards. Micromega stepped a treat off the back of Hunter & same with One Chance rmx. Creator talked its way into One Chance well & sat nicely in the mix. Floaty hooks of Halo Danger made their way into Creator before the breakdown & for Halo Danger to roll out with full effect. I don't believe Stonehead is in there as Myriads rmx makes its way into the blend rolling a teasing treat with Halo Danger. THERE Stonehead is, makes for another nice mix with Halo Danger. Galactica brings some mechanical beats to the mix to line up the mix with Elevate This Sound. Heard ETS too much now (really needs to be left alone) but works very well with Galactica bring its filth wobbles & rolls in & out of ETS. What You Need brings some more filthy flavours to the mildly rolling ETS, already anticipating the mix with Cracker vip to be, well, a cracker. When Cracker vip enters the mix, the hooks work very well intertwined with the filth of What You Need. Mimic reminds me what that tune actually is. Its a quality tune, all but that vocal which puts me off it. Wondering what Surge is, it starts to build before & during the breakdown in Mimic, then its in for the double. Not the most stand out SPY tune in recent years, but makes for a wicked final blend to the mix & nice first listen.

Fav mixes in there was Four - Refraction (quality way to start the mix), Solid Shout - True Enemies (the drawn out bass in 1 & synth in the other made for a wicked listen), Halo Danger - Myriads rmx (these 2 just worked well together, even though I'm not a huge fan of Halo Danger & prefer Laika more). A sweet mix right the way through. No clangs, but Shards a bar out & Stoneheads position in the tracklist needs amending. Nicely done though fuuz3r! + a similar tunes to minutes ratio that I usually put in my hour mixes :)

Am working on separate projects with 3 of the tunes in your tracklist, but don't want to give the games away till the time is right ;)

Am on it man looks good. but whats with the SC preview thing??? (presuming youve been asked this 7 times)

cheers mate! :) well, the only reason i make 10 minute clips of some of my mixes and upload them to sc, is because sc has space/time limit and i hate deleting full mixes (especially the ones with comments and favorites) in order to upload new one(s). so i just upload a small preview there. maybe someone who doesn't use mixcloud stumbles upon my sc page and perhaps likes the preview and then downloads or streams from mixcloud - purely for promotional purposes basically ;)

Having a listen now,

cool bro! also, many thanx for the rep.

Oh fuck this TL looks ridiculous ayyyyye!!! Theres one bit of the mix that has caught my eye instantly...

I BATTER this mix. (y) know exactly how good + clean it sounds.

Will drop back with some thoughts mate this looks absolutely wickard.

haha yea, i thought that the medicine rmx + 2098 has a potential to sound wicked. looks like i reinvited a bike there :teeth:

Potentially the last mix I get to listen to through the week (as the new work computers don't have a speaker built into them (but will see if I can alter this matter in future)), I got to say that the tracklist grabs me from the outset! All but 8 tunes I know & like, which will make for a quality listen & I haven't pressed play yet. Plus 100% vinyl too, so fair play for that & its nice to know more heads are out there (on here) still representing vinyl :)

you know if there would be a dnbforum hall of fame, then i think it's safe to say, you'd definitely be in it. it's really a privilege to have you - The Watch give feedback. not everyone has that honor, so maximum respect to you for doing this :)

"100% vinyl" looks like some kind of trademark nowadays haha. i kind of stole the idea from agent smith, since he used this in the header of his mix. ;)

Wicked intro with Four. Its demented tones of the first four 32 bar loops set the scene well for the unmistakable rhythmic beats of a Dub Phizix tune to kick in, Refraction is there lurking for the double & the way the hooks in both bounce one after the other is a quality mix & superb selection. I have something lined up on a similar tip with Refraction for a mix in future ;) Also really love Refraction too, so its very nice to hear someone work something into it a treat. Essences of Floating Point start to whisper their way into Refraction lining things up for another double & similar choice selection from the first blend. Nymfo's bass bouncing into the hook of Refraction.

"four" is possibly my favorite phizix tune. this tune is just so eerie. really satisfied with this and refraction mix myself too- they fit really well together. refraction is a killer...in fact all the recipe book vol 1 tunes are so badass - purely because of this compilation, ingredients is one of my favorite labels. can't wait for vol 2.

The old Virus style Rorscharch rolls well into the ever rolling Floating Point, paving the way for actual Virus goodness in the dose of Medicine rmx.

this is so well described, really poetic. you really know how to use words ;)

Love the tune that is about to come in, then I can already hear the high pitch hooks drifting, now the distinctive beats & low end take hold. Nice touch letting drop on its own for full effect, but would have liked to hear the mix with Rorscharch still in. Anticipating what will be a quality mix that Stu pointed out with 2098, the marching beats of the aforementioned tune sneak in under the radar for a smooth mix with Medicine rmx from its second part, keeping the mix in for the whole of the first part of 2098 showing some talent. Can't remember how Ploc Monster goes as it starts to build, letting the intro announce its full arrival, for some echod warehouse vibes to to its business from the drop. The Path rmx starts to wander its way into Ploc Monster right near the end of the former tune. Not sure if you missed the key point, but would have brought that in 2 lots of 32 bars previously myself. Leaving tunes to roll to the end tends to bring energy levels down in a mix & ideally you want to keep the energy levels up in a mix. Solid Shout sat well with The Path rmx, with its nasty bass winding through the blend.

once again, really nice use of words - you're like a professional critic or something.

the reason i let medicine rmx drop on it's own i guess, was because it was a convenient mix. just when medicine rmx dropped, rorschach went into breakdown. i actually didn't even try to drop it with rorschach in it, but just as i'm writing this, i tried it, and it sounded really good. so it wouldn't have been a bad idea. also, i wanted to make different mixes and not to become predictable, but i guess that medicine one was pretty predictable :D it's like the nine tease or something like it.

i started bringing in ploc monster right in the breakdown beats of 2098 and took 2098 out as soon as ploc monster had it's little break before the drop. again, thought to make things a bit different - so the whole mix would not have the same transitions.

i agree with you that letting ploc monster roll alone for so long brought the energy level down, but it kind of was my intention - to let the mix breathe a bit. don't know if it was a good idea or not. originally i thought double droping the path remix with ploc monster. also, i thought about playing them together so it would seem as they would dd, and then just when they're both about to drop - take ploc monster out. ploc monster + 2098 dd sounded kind of good, but something annoyed me, so left it like it is.

Not heard anyone play True Enemies in a members mix since it came out & been wanting to work it into a mix at some point myself, so nice one for including it. I enjoyed hearing the bleepy siren tones of True Enemies in the intro & throughout the tune. The drawn out notes in both Solid Shout & True Enemies vibing off each other well. Shards was nice to hear again too, but came in a bar late.

yes, i missed the correct quepoint, but i guess it didn't sound very bad either and lazy as i am, didn't want restart thix mix :)

Loved hearing Hunter making its appearance in a mix again & worked very well with Shards. Micromega stepped a treat off the back of Hunter & same with One Chance rmx. Creator talked its way into One Chance well & sat nicely in the mix. Floaty hooks of Halo Danger made their way into Creator before the breakdown & for Halo Danger to roll out with full effect. I don't believe Stonehead is in there as Myriads rmx makes its way into the blend rolling a teasing treat with Halo Danger. THERE Stonehead is, makes for another nice mix with Halo Danger.

yea i agree - hunter worked surprisingly well with shards - i was going trough my records to find something to fit with shards and couldn't find anything. when i tried hunter - bingo! next please....

i planned to double drop stonehead with halo danger, but i took out myriads too late and therefore didn't had time to que stonehead as i had planned - ah well.

Galactica brings some mechanical beats to the mix to line up the mix with Elevate This Sound. Heard ETS too much now (really needs to be left alone) but works very well with Galactica bring its filth wobbles & rolls in & out of ETS. What You Need brings some more filthy flavours to the mildly rolling ETS, already anticipating the mix with Cracker vip to be, well, a cracker. When Cracker vip enters the mix, the hooks work very well intertwined with the filth of What You Need. Mimic reminds me what that tune actually is. Its a quality tune, all but that vocal which puts me off it. Wondering what Surge is, it starts to build before & during the breakdown in Mimic, then its in for the double. Not the most stand out SPY tune in recent years, but makes for a wicked final blend to the mix & nice first listen.

agree with you there. elevate this sound is really worn out by now, but they worked pretty well together and i didn't find anything better, i decided to leave it in. the execution was a bit lazy imo - ets jumped in too suddenly - not what i had planned lol. not really happy with this mix myself - the eq-ng could've been better. same goes to cracker mix - although it was pretty ok - not too good, not bad either me thinks. :)

have to disagree with mimic there - like these robotic monotone vocals - they really add to this tune imo :D

Fav mixes in there was Four - Refraction (quality way to start the mix), Solid Shout - True Enemies (the drawn out bass in 1 & synth in the other made for a wicked listen), Halo Danger - Myriads rmx (these 2 just worked well together, even though I'm not a huge fan of Halo Danger & prefer Laika more). A sweet mix right the way through. No clangs, but Shards a bar out & Stoneheads position in the tracklist needs amending. Nicely done though fuuz3r! + a similar tunes to minutes ratio that I usually put in my hour mixes :)

yea what a ride it has been for me basically listening to my mix again while reading your feedback and trying to comment back. glad you liked the mix overall. this feedback means a lot.

Am working on separate projects with 3 of the tunes in your tracklist, but don't want to give the games away till the time is right ;)

my guess would be refraction, true enemies and something else from the first part of this mix? :) looking forward to it. also, i did listen to your rifine - beats & bass vol 3 mix one day as well - wicked tracklist you had there, so many tunes i had no clue about.

Last edited:
you know if there would be a dnbforum hall of fame, then i think it's safe to say, you'd definitely be in it. it's really a privilege to have you - The Watch give feedback. not everyone has that honor, so maximum respect to you for doing this :)

"100% vinyl" looks like some kind of trademark nowadays haha. i kind of stole the idea from agent smith, since he used this in the header of his mix. ;)

"four" is possibly my favorite phizix tune. this tune is just so eerie. really satisfied with this and refraction mix myself too- they fit really well together. refraction is a killer...in fact all the recipe book vol 1 tunes are so badass - purely because of this compilation, ingredients is one of my favorite labels. can't wait for vol 2.

this is so well described, really poetic. you really know how to use words ;)

once again, really nice use of words - you're like a professional critic or something.

yes, i missed the correct quepoint, but i guess it didn't sound very bad either and lazy as i am, didn't want restart thix mix :)

yea i agree - hunter worked surprisingly well with shards - i was going trough my records to find something to fit with shards and couldn't find anything. when i tried hunter - bingo! next please....

i planned to double drop stonehead with halo danger, but i took out myriads too late and therefore didn't had time to que stonehead as i had planned - ah well.

agree with you there. elevate this sound is really worn out by now, but they worked pretty well together and i didn't find anything better, i decided to leave it in. the execution was a bit lazy imo - ets jumped in too suddenly - not what i had planned lol. not really happy with this mix myself - the eq-ng could've been better. same goes to cracker mix - although it was pretty ok - not too good, not bad either me thinks. :)

yea what a ride it has been for me basically listening to my mix again while reading your feedback and trying to comment back. glad you liked the mix overall. this feedback means a lot.

my guess would be refraction, true enemies and something else from the first part of this mix? :) looking forward to it. also, i did listen to your rifine - beats & bass vol 3 mix one day as well - wicked tracklist you had there, so many tunes i had no clue about.

Wah! ^^^ Thanks fuuz3r! & no worries. That comment at the start has made my day & only 3 years in too :) + being multi quoted as well.
I try to keep some comments fresh & relative to the tunes being mixed, otherwise you find yourself writing 'mix', 'blend', 'nice', 'well' & 'good' a hell of a lot.

I intend on putting 100% vinyl on my mixes from now on too, after seeing it on Stu's threads recently, like you said. Four is up there with some fav Dub Phizix tunes for me. Creator, Editor & Out There still sitting at the front of the Phizix section in my stack. Plus Refraction is wicked. In the same vein as Process Of Elimination & Catch 22, but love all 3 of those tunes.

That mix with Shards didn't stick out like a sore thumb. It was beat matched, just a little noticeable if you are listening to the structure of the mix. Don't let laziness get the better of you man :teeth: Stay on point. Also, I thought the eq-ing through the whole mix was alright. Certainly something I didn't notice & if you listen to a mix for an hour & not particularly pick up on it, then it must be ok in my mind.

As mentioned, I have Refraction lined up for something. The other tune isn't the one you mentioned.
I wanted B&B 3 to be a fairly experimental episode in the series, from a more juke / minimal based part 1 & minimal / percussion based part 2. Plus its nice to try & open peoples eyes to tunes they might not normally come across when searching for new tunes / what they might not normally listen to. Next mix from me will not be a B&B episode & will be a double headed coin. Its shaping up nicely for the end of the month / start of next month ;)

Also, cheers Stu!

Last edited:
Popping back to drop some thoughts...

The intro in this grabs you by the balls. Love Refraction. Real shame Four is pretty much unusable other than an intro tune. Some hi-hats in that intro would have been alot more DJ friendly. Oh well. Anyway great way to get it rolling.

Fav bits were obviously the Medicine Remix > 2098 mix. You don! Fucking nailed. Then Halo Danger > Myriads remix tease > Stonehead was wicked. Need to draw for Stonehead more often so big up for playing it.

What You Need > Cracker VIP was also pretty special. The midranges seemed to fuse well in the mix.

Certainly some standout points in this mix Fuuz3r! There was some bits I wasn't too keen on but the good certainly outweighed the bad! Think the bit Mr Watcha pointed out about Shards being brought in at the wrong point but that was the only real mistake in my opinion, very clean considering its all vinyl.

Big ups matey, apologies it took so long to feedback my mind is generally a haze of members mixes recently.

Looking forward to your next installment as always...and big ups for repping the 100% vinyl tag in your title, people need to know if you are going the extra mile mixing records...

(y)

Popping back to drop some thoughts...

The intro in this grabs you by the balls. Love Refraction. Real shame Four is pretty much unusable other than an intro tune. Some hi-hats in that intro would have been alot more DJ friendly. Oh well. Anyway great way to get it rolling.

Fav bits were obviously the Medicine Remix > 2098 mix. You don! Fucking nailed. Then Halo Danger > Myriads remix tease > Stonehead was wicked. Need to draw for Stonehead more often so big up for playing it.

What You Need > Cracker VIP was also pretty special. The midranges seemed to fuse well in the mix.

Certainly some standout points in this mix Fuuz3r! There was some bits I wasn't too keen on but the good certainly outweighed the bad! Think the bit Mr Watcha pointed out about Shards being brought in at the wrong point but that was the only real mistake in my opinion, very clean considering its all vinyl.

Big ups matey, apologies it took so long to feedback my mind is generally a haze of members mixes recently.

Looking forward to your next installment as always...and big ups for repping the 100% vinyl tag in your title, people need to know if you are going the extra mile mixing records...

(y)

awesome mate. pretty much agree with you what you said.

same about the mixes and feedbacks...hope i can pull myself together so i wouldn't miss any of your guys mixes. i thank you so much for giving it a listen and writing some thoughts ;)

- - - Updated - - -

i missed this how? will listen and feedback!

yay-a :)

this was large mate! really clean throughout considering there were some ambitious switch-ups. definitely preferred the first half, like my beats on a more minimal tip and this section was spot on. that opening blend reminded me of that clarity mix from a while back that uses refraction in the opening, excellent way to start a set in my opinion.

you've posted 7 forum mixes... ?? need to check

big ups for repping the 100% vinyl tag in your title, people need to know if you are going the extra mile mixing records...(y)

yup! max respect

this was large mate! really clean throughout considering there were some ambitious switch-ups. definitely preferred the first half, like my beats on a more minimal tip and this section was spot on. that opening blend reminded me of that clarity mix from a while back that uses refraction in the opening, excellent way to start a set in my opinion.

you've posted 7 forum mixes... ?? need to check
thanx for the kind words sir. :)

yea, it's the seventh one i posted in here. if you bother, i recommend checking the first two - thry're pretty long tho.

a big thank you to everyone again who have shared their thoughts and/or listened this mix so far. if you're reading this and haven't listened yet, perhaps give it a whirl? :)

Back
Top Bottom