MIX 5

fuuz3r

junglist
VIP Junglist
so after being fed up with traktor, i sold it and got back to vinyl records instead - each to their own toys i guess. this is is my first all vinyl set posted here and definitely not the last one. being all so used to use traktor, the transition wasn't very smooth, but once you've learned how to ride a bike you never forget. so after getting hang of it again, i couldn't wait to record something. here's the result.

this mix, as opposed to my last one, is not as pacey and features less double drops, but has longer blends and in my opinion, is deeper. as opposed to the dark stuff i included some soulful stuff as well - calibre's tru beat being one example.

pretty much recorded it with one take after getting the final tracklist together. hope my forum crew likes it ;)

98dbX.png

TRACKLIST:
BLADERUNNER – BACK IN THE JUNGLE [CRITICAL]
SPY – DARK AGE [C.I.A.]
ALIX PEREZ – OBSERVER [INVISIBLE]
TEEBEE – BIOFORM [CERTIFICATE 18]
SPECTRASOUL – SUPPRESISION [SUBTITLES]
OPTIV & BTK – GET READY [DISPATCH]
NOISIA – OMISSIONS [VISION]
ED RUSH & OPTICAL – SNAGGLETOOTH [VIRUS]
SPY – BACK AGAIN [HOSPITAL]
COMMIX – SOLVENT [SHOGUN]
BC – MINDGAMES [BC]
ULTERIOR MOTIVE – MINESWEEPER [SUBTITLES]
DO THE MATH & ALIX PEREZ – ONYX [REVOLUTION]
ALIX PEREZ – 808 [SHOGUN]
CALIBRE – TRU BEAT [CRITICAL]
BUNGLE – THE NEED OF BEING ALONE [SOUL:R]
D.KAY & LEE – UDON [ATLAS]
SPY – SLEEPY HALLOW [HOSPITAL]
AUDIO – FALL BACK [RENEGADE HARDWARE]
JUBEI & KASRA – THE RIFT [CRITICAL]
FUTURE CUT - STEALTH [RENEGADE HARDWARE]
NYMFO – KNOCK KNOCK [FREQUENCY]
ENEI – THE MOMENT [CRITICAL
AMOSS – NEW JACK SWING [DISPATCH]
CHROMA – ACETATE [PROGRAM]
ICICLE – NOWHERE [INVISIBLE]
MISTICAL – STAY AWAY [SOUL:R]

SOUNDCLOUD PREVIEW:

MIXCLOUD:
http://www.mixcloud.com/kristjanv001/mix-5/

DOWNLOAD:
http://dnbshare.com/download/1._KRISTJAN_V_-_MIX_5.mp3.html

Last edited:
everyone's prolly eating dinner with their families and a dog, but for those lonely internet soldiers nothing to do, perhaps, listen to this mix? ;)

Finally got through to listen to this and I really liked it man :) It was indeed a bit less pacey than your previous mix, but that's not really a problem for me, I like long crafted blends and a space for tunes to breath. Selection was superb, you've reminded me a fair share of tunes I've almost forgotten or haven't played in a very long time, so props for that! Loved the opening, I thought first 4 or 5 tunes sat really well the way you've mixed them together, brought me nicely into the vibe and pace of the mix, but from Snaggletooth up to Mindgames it even topped the previous section, selection and mixing right up my street, especially loved the Solvent > Mind Games mix. Liked the fact that you've eased up a little bit then with those nice vibes of Tru Beat up to Sleepy Hollow and bringing in Fall Back into SH deserves a special mention, never would have thought of mixing those two together, worked great tho, the melodic part of Sleepy Hollow contrasted beatifully with the gritty darkness of Fall Back. The Rift came in nicely, really love this tunes, well underplayed imo, also the mix into Stealth was seamless, very nice. From Knock Knock up to the very end was probably my favourite part of the mix, tune after tune, all flowing really well. Will also peep your Xmas mix tomorrow probably and try to leave some feedback there as well :)

man, i do owe you one. really appreciate your feedbacks. and of course, glad you liked it!

i actually probably wouldn't had picked solvent up from the shelf, but heard it in a mix couple of months ago and wondered why have i used it so little - such a tune.

nb! that xmas mix isn't to be taken dead serious, cause i do admit, basically improvised the end of the set with some beer downed already - just had fun! ;D

ahh and apparently have to spread some rep around.

Back
Top Bottom