Mistabishi is a complete and utter cake?

Re: Mistabishi is a complete and utter fake?

"i can beat match just fine. i just don't see the excessive merit in it that people like you obviously give to it. i've played vinyl only sets where i've had to beat match things. largely because i've been forced to. i've also played sets with nothing more than a single cd and spent the whole hour on the phone. on both occasions i played the records i make and they have the desired effect on those that dance to them. i might piss off the mouth breathing gawpers at the front who desperately want to be doing what i'm doing but i've never been that kind of person, and would never make a record for that kind of person.
these days i compromise by playing cd's and older records on vinyl. i'm not best pleased about having to conform to some pre-arranged expectation of some one like you. i just like making music for ravers. that's what has always got me off.
you should probably ask yourself why being able to beat match the same record over and over again means so much to you. do you want to be a drum and bass dj? did you buy into the dream that if you practice long enough you'll be flown around the world to play your record collection for people? i guess it might be possible..."

never seen him at a rave, not sure if i ever will looking at this
still gotta take this with a pinch of salt tho

First one's him, second's promoter

"thanks for this chaps. basically, you guys love to play records, so you play at these nights so you can do what you love. i love to make records, so you ask me to come do play the records i make. steve and dan wanted me at thier night to play the stuff i make. they asked me to bring my hardware setup down so my brother (qv, stands for Quadrofolio Verde) kindly drove me down with a boot full of kit. there was no where for me to set it up sadly so i played two cd's with all my tunes on it, plus a few vinyls i had on me (Hive Neo rmx, disco dodo, and I Told You How To Rock, oh yeh and diplodocus which goes really well with my Printer tune). if you book me at your night to use my machines, at least have the courtesy to provide the space for me to set them up. You did a good job making that little place look like a Hospital records event tho. props to the effort on that side of things and the crowd seemed to respond really well to the tunes that everyone played."

"PLEASE READ...... This is how it was regarding Mistabishi. 1. We tried to contact mistabishi for two weeks leading up to the event, with no reply. 2. When he turned up on the night his rig was one akai sampler, i asked him what he needed and he said a phono lead out of the back of a cdj would be fine to connect the sampler. I did this and he promptly said he needed 3/4 inch jack connector to connect it to the akai sampler. 3. We then found him a phono to 3/4 inch jack lead which would of connected the sampler to the mixer and he said" its fine i've sorted something else out." 4. With regards to the space we could of quite easily moved the 3rd deck in the dj box, which would of given him ample room for his rig. 5. It felt like he didnt want to perform live, he then played cd's and to my horror watched him pretend to dj when the pre mixed cd's were doing the work. i dont understand why he could just mix his tunes like a dj should do. 6. We think that mistabishi is a excellent producer but feel cheated on how he performed, we thought the pre made mix cd's was a myth. A lot of our residents was watching him above the dj box and he was definately pretending. Our night has been running for 5 years and we are always pushing the boundaries and doing things in Reading a bit different, mistabishi set was definately different but in the wrong way. Last night was our 5th birthday and for someone to do this on such an important night has left us speechless. We would like to thank everyone who came last night and thanks to the hospitality team for letting us put on this night. Bassment team"

if the guy didnt actully wanna be there playing i feel sorry for him he was prob stressing .. hes obvisoly just not a dj

makes some nice stuff tho
mabey just keep it at that

This is BEEF.

I will say no more than that.

at least he admitted to it! I wander how man producers have done a similar thing and got away with it?? I caught out a guy pretending to mix who was on after me once and the mcs kept calling for a rewind and he just spun the cd and let it carry on... I soon told the mcs of this tomfoolery and got him swiftly removed from the dj booth..

Atleast he's held his hand up which is more than you can say for the likes of TC and Speed from Pendulum with their pre pitched cd's!

I feel sort of sorry for him in a way... He turned up hoping to do a 'live' set and the promoters didn't give him enough space or whatever, so he couldnt se his shit up.. Therefore he has to make a plan B, he's obviously not great at mixing so he does the whole mix cd thing.. It's pretty weak i know but seeing all those dicks over at the breakbeat forum slating him saying stuff like he's killing the genre really pissed me off.. He's on there being up front and gettin put down and disrespected by a load of fuckin forum people..

He best hope his production skills don't fail him now.

Someone needs to inform Coleman, he will go mad. Makes sense now as he is the only hospital artist not to play at matter! Mishibishi is an over opinionated cunt.

i just can't stand how these t'interweb fools take the high and mighty. fuckem. what've they ever done for the scene? what, apart from sitting at home on their computers hating. yea mista shouldn't fake djing but its not like he committed genocide.

"critics you know we cant stand them!"

i just can't stand how these t'interweb fools take the high and mighty. fuckem. what've they ever done for the scene? what, apart from sitting at home on their computers hating. yea mista shouldn't fake djing but its not like he committed genocide.

"critics you know we cant stand them!"

Shut up, I can't believe you're sticking up for this big fat phoney.

I pay these people's wages by buying their records and going to their events. If I'm paying a tenner to hear a DJ play a pre-recorded CD I'd want to know about it. Would you put up with the fact someone's getting paid £300 just to turn up, wear a shit jumper, play a mix CD and dance like a prick? People 'sitting at their computers hating' is what spreads the word on fakers like this and I`ll think twice before I see Mistabishi "play" again.

May well have caught TC in the act myself of waving 2 arms in the air as 2 tunes were being "mixed" on the system, that was a good few years ago now though and he'd have been found out by now surely..

I guess it's a case of producers who suddenly get DJ bookings off the back of a big release and then realise they can't mix. Lynx himself said it was a struggle to learn to mix so quickly when he started getting booked on regs.

If he did commit genocide Im sure the thread would be far bigger...

P.s. Here's a photo from the night of aforementioned jumper; he also appears to be touching a CDJ that is quite clearly switched off:

4039526399_1982652e18.jpg

Last edited:

Shut up, I can't believe you're sticking up for this big fat phoney.

I pay these people's wages by buying their records and going to their events. If I'm paying a tenner to hear a DJ play a pre-recorded CD I'd want to know about it. Would you put up with the fact someone's getting paid £300 just to turn up, wear a shit jumper, play a mix CD and dance like a prick? People 'sitting at their computers hating' is what spreads the word on fakers like this and I`ll think twice before I see Mistabishi "play" again.

May well have caught TC in the act myself of waving 2 arms in the air as 2 tunes were being "mixed" on the system, that was a good few years ago now though and he'd have been found out by now surely..

I guess it's a case of producers who suddenly get DJ bookings off the back of a big release and then realise they can't mix. Lynx himself said it was a struggle to learn to mix so quickly when he started getting booked on regs.

If he did commit genocide Im sure the thread would be far bigger...

To be fair my understanding of it is that he turned up with the intention of doin a live production style thingy.. And they couldnt fit his hardware in so he had to do what he did.. If the promoter fucks you over with your setup you aint gonna just walk outta there without your £300..
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a mistabishi dick rider or somethin, ive only heard a few tunes and didnt really care for them, it just pisses me off when i see 'fans' of the genre getting all self-righteous over fuckin internet boards..

Back
Top Bottom