Miss Represent - August 2003

Its a good mix yeah, but Ive heard (imo) far better mixes on this site that have had far fewer, or no replies at all.

But then I doubt thats got anything to do with the fact shes female and good looking. :rolleyes:

(no disrespect to Miss Rep tho!)

Last edited:
Re: sick

dirty tony said:
beatmatching is spot on (not lots of mixes are these days!) the entire way through.

as far as freeagent's comment about the mis-drops, well i think this is just a diferent mixing style and preference. some djs like to maintain high energy and transition from one bassline to the next, others do what shes done, and rinse out of a tune before the next one has dropped, and let the tune build itself up (john b for instance, has this style).

boh miss rep, good stuff :D

This is the truth...I get cirtized by alot of mainstream DJs here in the states because I mix a certain way...I don't fast mix, and I don't drop mix...I do very smooth mixes, so alot of times there is no bassline going on...I do it on purpose. I was told once I mix DnB too much like trance...well wtf...why, because I work hard for every mix because I hold the tunes together for so long?

People need to open up there minds a bit to different ways of mixing DnB, it doesn't all have to be rough and jerky to be good.

I don't think Miss missed a single phrase here, at least given the style of mixing her and I both use. It may not be the style some of you are used to, but trust me, its comin up. Smooth and long mixes are the way of the future :)

Mulla said:
Its a good mix yeah, but Ive heard (imo) far better mixes on this site that have had far fewer, or no replies at all.

But then I doubt thats got anything to do with the fact shes female and good looking. :rolleyes:

(no disrespect to Miss Rep tho!)

Perhaps because there simply aren't enough women on the production/DJ side of DnB today, and we are trying to foster a nice environment for them to come up in? Did ya ever think of that before opeining your mouth and basically disrespecting her? Even if you did say you meant no disrespect, it simply wasn't a cool thing to say.

It's refreshing to see more women on their way up in the DnB world, and if we can do our part by fostering a fun and supportive environment to come up in, then we have done our jobs, eh?

Biggups Miss rep!

this mix is fuckin heavy!! iv listened 2 it at least 10 times

i love the track listing her mixing is wicked!

i love the intro it really sets the mix off then the big beatz n bass line follow then u really know your in 4 a treat : P

all in all f**kin safe mix! 10/10 :D

massive respect goin out 2 missy you got skill gal good work and keep it up!

DJ Legacy said:
Biggups Miss rep!

this mix is fuckin heavy!! iv listened 2 it at least 10 times

i love the track listing her mixing is wicked!

i love the intro it really sets the mix off then the big beatz n bass line follow then u really know your in 4 a treat : P

all in all f**kin safe mix! 10/10 :D

massive respect goin out 2 missy you got skill gal good work and keep it up!
aint got round listening yet - bet its tight tho

heheh

Cheerz !! i taken all the feedback on board its been great to have a overall good response,
I got sum scratch recods on da way........ Im gettin there !! :thumbsup:

easy

nah i arranged the tunes and have been playin thise mixes out a few times, but i screwed up the final conflict mix up and then did it again.

but i dont ever use tractor like sum peep i dont agree with doin mixes like that. get on the decks !

prolly why mulla's heard much better mixes !

yah !
i could do a seemless mix on tractor, edit scratches over the top and double drop every other tune peice of piss aswell !! :mr_cool:

but i dont believe in it. not unless u marketing it to promote tunes etc, like mass produce it for sony.

how can u show yr mixing abilities on a computer programme?

missrepresent said:
stick it on a cd ? play it on a cdj?
Cut it? i can give u the addy if u want.

tracktor mixing on a compuetr isnt dj-ing.

We just have different opinions and different environments:

1) There's no cutting houses within 300 miles of me, and I can't afford postage, let alone $60 US, for a dub cut with proper mastering.

2) There are hardly any CDJ's around my area, mostly Denon racks with the bloody jog wheel.

3) Many dj's have used and do use traktor, including UFO!, Craze, and JuJu. Final Scratch 1.1 runs Traktor!!!

missrepresent said:
i could do a seemless mix on tractor, edit scratches over the top and double drop every other tune peice of piss aswell !! :mr_cool:

but i dont believe in it. not unless u marketing it to promote tunes etc, like mass produce it for sony.

how can u show yr mixing abilities on a computer programme?

Could you now?

IMO, mixing my own tunes on Traktor is technically more challenging than vinyl by a long way, and a little harder than CDJ's.

I'm guessing that you've never used the program. It's a life-saver for me personally, after I learned not to abuse it and the power that comes with it :evil: ...

No offense, ma'am, just my 2 pence :hold_hand

Re: Re: Re: easy

djcixelsyd said:
well...CDJ's a possibility

Not around here. Like I said above, all racked Denon with teh toggle-wheel biz. And instead of buying a CDJ and lugging it around, I use my $400 laptop that I already have. Sond quailty is fine with the external USB sound.

:mkay:

missrepresent said:
:miss_rep:

yah but how promoters know u can mix and blen on dex if yr demos not done on dex?

:gang_bang :gang_bang :gang_bang :gang_bang :gang_bang

It's just not like that over here - most promoters go and see me play out every week at least once or twice, and out-of-town promoters usually book me on word of mouth (though I don't get out of town too much as the scene in my region is pretty cack for DnB).

:banana:

Listen to my August Mix in this forum if you don't believe me - the only things mixed off Traktor were my own two tracks, and if you listen closely you can tell because of the digital quality vs. vinyl quality. :builder:

And if you really want me to I'll video my next month's mix so you can see

:saber: :miss_rep:

Back
Top Bottom