Mirror Mixin

JAGZ

VIP Junglist
Anyone know how to mirror mix (as i know it)
like wot hype did long ago on the dnb esentials cd wit dat clipz tune n x ray.

2 of the same records let 1 go a beat late and switch from side to side.

Has any1 givin it a go b4?????

Yep, it works if the crowd knows you're a good dj and know what you're doing. Otherwise they might think you're just screwing up your beatmatching... so I'd only combine it with scratching or high quality mixing even though its not too difficult to do (especially on cds, just look at the play time).

yeh its pretty simple mate, if you think about it, you're using two of the same tunes so the bpm's gonna be exactly the same. Its just a case of matching the kick on one tune with the snare on another, rather than matching two kicks... or however you want to do it... :|

I remember when the remix of hand grenade came out, i used to do it all the time! It sounds funny as fook! :teeth:

Last edited:
yeah not the hardist thing to do but its pure maddness when you get the right 2 tunes,

big up hype for introducing it to my ears :applause:

Get same two records playing exactly together so there is virtually no delay and put them both into the mix and then jog one record or hold a spindle for a flange (?) effect.

Kind ov, if you play the 2 tracks at exacalty the same time the flanger effect comes in.

i get a next type of flange when mixing g dub tunes,
for example,
les misrebles and snowman they have the same snare so the flange hits the snares and nothing else if you get what i mean.
its ok but it fucks the bass up.

for some reason iv got 2 copys of drop the caddy. fucking pants tune but wicked to mirror mix sounds proper funky lol

Oh that tune brings back memories from 2002
i remember usein it 4 my intro's and smakin mo'fire on the drop,
not double drop because i dont think its all that
but still you brung back the memories nice 1 bloodfire:2thumbs:

yeh its pretty simple mate, if you think about it, you're using two of the same tunes so the bpm's gonna be exactly the same. Its just a case of matching the kick on one tune with the snare on another, rather than matching two kicks... or however you want to do it... :|

:teeth:

just on that, i was wonderin how many of u guys, when cueing up a record as a normal mix, release the record on the first beat of a bar, or on the snare a split second later, im the only one of my mates that does it on the snare, i find it just gives ya a bit more time (not much, granted)

just on that, i was wonderin how many of u guys, when cueing up a record as a normal mix, release the record on the first beat of a bar, or on the snare a split second later, im the only one of my mates that does it on the snare, i find it just gives ya a bit more time (not much, granted)

Can you do that then cue with snare and drop it in on the second beat of a bar (snare)?
Does anyone else find it easier to beat match using the snare.
I mean you could cue up with the kick but then match the snares???????????????????:twitchy:

i believe this is called strobing

loads of hip hop djs been rinsing this, s'all about knowing where ya are on ya tune.

s'all about encorporating this into a scratch phase drop strobe routine (in any order)

pick your tunes wisely ;)

i believe this is called strobing

loads of hip hop djs been rinsing this, s'all about knowing where ya are on ya tune.

s'all about encorporating this into a scratch phase drop strobe routine (in any order)

pick your tunes wisely ;)

Errrr sorry who are you? :shrug::crazy:

Seriously tho this guy knows what he's talking about, proper badbwoy turntablist from way back :respekt:

Any chance of new mixes please Klusta! :first_dat

Back
Top Bottom