Drum & Bass Miracle

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Gmaguire, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Gmaguire

Gmaguire New Member

would love some feedback on a piece called miracle, been producing for about 8 months so advise regarding mix, sounds, composition etc would be much appreciated and C4C if anyone wants feedback :)

http://soundcloud.com/george-maguire/miracle

2. equilibrium

equilibrium Member

the buildup needs to go on for longer. piano could have some more reverb. mix needs some work of course, the hats don't flow well, might take them down in the mix and listen to some of your favorite tunes and see where the hats are hitting... adding some atmosphere would help make the piano not sound so straight. needs some more layers of mids and more growl and low end in the bass. try adding some splashy cymbals - a few layers of them in the background of the drums. EQ'ing will change your sound so much if you do it right... eq that snare to pop. are you using buses? could get the drums to gel together better with a limiter with built in gain. Fabfilter makes a great one.

but honestly its pretty good all things considered. you should post your next tune for sure. cheers

3. Gmaguire

Gmaguire New Member

thanks man :) ill work on the things you mentioned, some really good points

4. equilibrium

equilibrium Member

no problem. reminds me of camo & krooked. if you haven't heard this album much, you should give it a second listen.

[​IMG]

5. Gmaguire

Gmaguire New Member

yeh i love camo and krooked, that album is up there with my favourite albums.

6. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Really cool track, lots of shit going on all the time. But this does need some work especially on the drum end! Boost your snare around 200-240 hz and your kick around a 100 hz for that punch! Thats really the main thing I think its lacking... Overall, its got a good stereo spread of the sounds, lots of stuff happening and keeps it interesting. I'd say good job, with some more slamming drums this really could be something!