Minty Rust - Winter Coat (Unfinished)

hmmm, i'd keep the drums, maybe stick a break behind them for the variation, keep the bass, get rid of the organ thing thats right at the very start, keep the piano roll bits but not the chords after, get some vocal samples and (just my opinion) rework the track with those 3 elements... if u wanna keep on the path its on, id have to say to the drop is too wierd and the organ thing still wouldnt work for me, it also seems one of ur hats or even a ghost snare is panned to the left?

anyway, hope any of that helps, its quite late so can't rly listen with my sub on etc

let me start by saying it has a kewl vibe.The piano sounds a little of key at points. and id say invest in some new drums, on shots or breaks moar rides high hats etc. also make a few variations with your piano towards the end of your melody every once in a while, and toy around with some moar effects. youve got alot to learn it reminds me alot of my very first stuff way back wen i first started, but keep it up!

Yeah man its pretty hard for me to consider all those things because I just started about a month ago and still have a really limited knowledge about reason 4.0.^^
But I try to change some stuff you mentioned.

cheers.

I changed some stuff, what do you guys think now?

click -----> http://soundcloud.com/minty-rust/minty

peace and btw. thx @ thin and crispy :)

EZ m8, sounding alot better!
ur second kick drum in the intro sounds panned to the left a little (might just be me), u want it in the middle of ur mix idealy, its the driving force to the beat, as critical said u have a couple of notes off key, the one in the build up to the drop sounds somewhat overlapped... have another look at it i might find 2 notes conflicting, and towards the end of the track.
ur snare has waaaaaay too much low end u wanna cut that out and boost ur sub some!
ur ghost snares (unsure? on the 8/9?) are also panned to the left a bit, id have them against my main snare, also bring out the hats i can hear tinkering away almost silenty behind everything else! :P

Back
Top Bottom