Minimalistic Drum & Bass

blueleven

I know no one can copy Camo & Krooked, but does anyone know some minimalistic Drum & Bass tunes?

Camo & Krooked - Turn Up (The Music)
Nu:Tone - System (Keeno Remix)
Kyla La Grange - Cut Your Teeth (Etherwood Remix)

Just a view examples. I need more of this minimalistic sound. So please, if you know some good tunes post it below. :)

the ones you posted I would describe as more liquid than minimal to be honest man, but that's just me.

how about this?

bit deeper than what you posted, but kinda similar

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah the tunes you've given are not really what you've described. Med school is probably a good label to look at

this one springs to mind:

and to a lesser extent:

The second is again, a bit deeper/darker than the ones you've posted. There's a shit ton of minimal drum & bass out there but most of it's mostly deep/techy and less melodic than the ones you've posted.

Re: Minimalistic Drum & Bass

I'm looking for tunes like the C&K remix of West Coast. Their style and sound is very unique, so it is hard to find good examples.

In my opinion they are good examples. Everything posted above is too dark. I really looking to these melodic tunes. Med School is lovely, but again, too techy.

More examples, but these are just C&K tunes...

West Coast (Camo & Krooked Remix)
Netzwerk (Camo & Krooked Remix)
All Night
Faith
Time Is Ticking Away

Well, Camo & Krooked are pretty unique in terms of combining the heavy-electro/house elements into drum & bass tunes and making them rather minimalistic sounding. Truth be told I haven't come across anyone who would do similar sounding tunes...maybe try the new Fred V & Grafix album as some of that is on a vaguely similar vibe...

Coldplay - Midnight (Keeno Bootleg)

Although, this may never be released.

- - - Updated - - -

The bootleg can be found from 28:14 here!

When I opened this thread I never expected the words 'Camo & Krooked' and 'minimalistic dnb' to be in the same thread

If Camo & Krooked make minimalistic dnb then Current Value must make liquid and Hazard must make drumstep

They make minimalistic dnb. Didn't you hear Zeitgeist or those last two remixes? As Krooked himsel said on his Facebook: "I'm happy to be back on the minimalistic sound..."

Now what?

Now what?

aaaaaaaalright! I think you'll find most people on this forum would consider minimal drum & bass to be something different from what you've stated in the first post. I don't think anyone has ever considered Camo & Krooked as minimal.

I know I might sound an addict for the Microfunk sub-genre, which is, in essence, minimal D&B. So in that case I would say Bop's tracks are a good start, since you would like some melodies in the track.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, since I saw Smarty post in this thread, there is also Dexcell - People

tbh camo & krooked are doing minimalistic drum & bass, just a different style to what most people are used to? not everything has to be dark, techy and moody

that paul b tune and body & soul - rebirth come kinda close to it, maybe even body & soul - pop some but thats kind of a stretch

Back
Top Bottom