Minimal Track

interesting beginning. i like the vibes but could use a little depth to separate the bell and the strings, maybe even a one shot here and their. snare seems a bit lifeless. good eq and compression might do well. i also noticed no hats, not that it matters really if thats what your going for. but cool vibes for sure.

Thanks man!, do you mean stereo separation? I definitely notice subtle depth in others tracks, but not sure of the ways it's done.
Yeah I'm leaving the hi hats out of this one, I am going to go back and try different drum patterns after the first one to try to get a steadier build up of energy

Thanks again!

try using two kinds of reverb, one for close and one for far. volume is also a great way to make things seem far or near. maybe go with the balancing first then try adding reverb second. if you imagine a stage, and how things would be set up their. drums and bass center and prominent, strings probably behind, maybe some proper panning or haas effect to the bell things. but yea certain stuff like that does wonders for mix downs.

sereen! If it was me i'd vary the velocities of some of those drums just a little bit and layer with some more hits to add texture/variance to stop them getting too repetitive. try automating some mid/side EQ or popping a subtle rotary on the strings to build some movement

Awesome, thanks for the feedback! I don't check here much but definitely appreciate it, definitely will try to add more subtle movement while keeping it appropriately bleak and grim haha

Thanks again

The chord sequence is a little cheerful- not sure if you were going for a darker vibe with the church bells but it doesn't really come through with those note choices. A more minor/chromatic sound might be better if you did want it darker.

Biggest and most obvious things have already been said- no hi-hats and no bassline. I was expecting the earth to shake with mighty sine wave sub at some point and it never did...

Back
Top Bottom