Minimal Drumstep???

marcelkennard

Storms comin in Annie
VIP Junglist
For my current track I wanted to go for quite a spacious minimal vibe, I'm going for 166 bpm but using the half time rhythm of Drumstep, does anyone know of any tracks that I could look at for inspiration ???

Theres quite a lot of stuff like this out there, just most of it is outside of drum and bass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Set Me Free by Nu:Tone is a nice half tempo tune, not sure if you would call it minimal, I don't really know what that means.

Half time dnb? Drumstep isn't even a genre IMO. There is already halftime parts in dnb and and half faster parts in dubstep, only the bassline doesn't specify the genre, dnb and dubstep have similiar basslines so fuck the term "drumstep". I hope it would burn in hell we have too much "subgenres" already.

Saint - Thanks a lot mate that Lorn track is pretty inspiring - some nice sounds in there
Attire - Cheers man yeah that vibe is not far off - I'm going for something a little more organic and less synthy but the drop at 1.06 up until that stupid pitch bent noise comes in is sick in terms of overall production sound - will definitely reference this.
Freek - yes that Miszt track is a bit of a help too thanks!
Elzerk- couldnt agree more with you mate too many subgenres. But the only reason I said it is because you know what I mean when I say it- it helps to narrow things down.
Anyway let's please not turn this into a subgenre debate lol... anyone else with any tracks of a very spacious and kind of dark minimal vibe??? Some great stuff in here already!!!

You probably haven't heard about it but there is this sick drumsteppy kind of bit by some guys named Dub Phixiz and Skeptical, it's Markers or something like that

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 ----------

On a serious note:

This compilation might have some of what you're looking for too: Exit Mosaic, Vol. 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
check out frederic (cant remember his last name ) - laughing at the clouds ?? i think the name is, not dark , but minimal half time dnb at its best imo

Logistics new album

tumblr_kpdg7hy2Gp1qzma4ho1_500.jpg

Sweet I'll have to check that new Logistics album out. I've pretty much finished making the track now- it turned out alright - I'll post it up in the new talent section

Back
Top Bottom