Minimal DNB Competition - VOTING

Which TWO tracks do you think are the best?

• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • C

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • F

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • G

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • H

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shout out to Sulihin for making it into the top three. Dude had been a good sport for years and always seems to make tracks for compo.
@Sulihin is rad af all day bro, shots to my man sulhin

Thanks! I still think all the others are better than my entry, but the structure of minimal probably helped my mixing, like @logikz mentioned earlier.

F?

Sheeeeeeeeeiiitt. I'm glad I didn't bother to finish and submit mine.

Is there a free download? In fact, it needs a proper release.

you still tinkering with beats then, thats cool brah. i am considering installing some audio apps myself.

modplug, cooedit96 and simsynth2.6. word to yo mother.

Just made the switch to dubturbo

Just made the switch to dubturbo

your tunes are raw af bro

oh youve switched then, ok, was it because in dubturbo you can "make your own hook quickly" or was it more that they dont use "wav, mp3 or aiff sample formats, only high quality samples" or what would you say was the main reason for the switch

your tunes are raw af bro

oh youve switched then, ok, was it because in dubturbo you can "make your own hook quickly" or was it more that they dont use "wav, mp3 or aiff sample formats, only high quality samples" or what would you say was the main reason for the switch

Lol I was just joshing.

I actually use FL studio or ableton. I do prefer samples as I'm lazy and unskilled at creating a sound I want. I also have no fucking clue how to mix and master a tune to get the most out of what I end up with, but I TRY DAMN IT, I try...

Also, didn't guess Manu did H. That and B would have got my votes.

Lol I was just joshing.

I actually use FL studio or ableton. I do prefer samples as I'm lazy and unskilled at creating a sound I want. I also have no fucking clue how to mix and master a tune to get the most out of what I end up with, but I TRY DAMN IT, I try...

Also, didn't guess Manu did H. That and B would have got my votes.

I think your tunes rock and I understand you were just joking about the dubturbo thing, but after watching your video about it, I did have to look it up, and boy oh boy is that ever some bait shit, it's fucking impossibly bait, its so bait I've understood the world a little bit more because of it.

And I've understood the following, the reason people spite apps like this, totally tricked out shit, full of chrome and presets and preinstalled shit, is because the same reason Bruce Lee didn't want his martial art to have a name, as it ruins the tao by suggesting there is a definite way to do something

Track A: Xiris - i'll post a less annoying version of this when we're all said and done.
Track B: Finalist!
Track C: JoJabes - Fraction (@JoJabes)
Track D: Reez - Nice Ring (@reez)
Track E: Robad - Fall Down (@robots777)
Track F: Finalist!
Track G: Finalist!
Track H: Manu - Rain (@Manu Forti)

Thanks to everyone for listening to my track and to @xiris and co for organising. Hope it wasn’t too painful on the ears. As I mentioned before I’d welcome any feedback or opinions.
:2thumbs:

Thanks to everyone for listening to my track and to @xiris and co for organising. Hope it wasn’t too painful on the ears. As I mentioned before I’d welcome any feedback or opinions.
:2thumbs:

Think your track is quality, the only thing that counted against it for me is it's more downtempo/ambient than minimal dnb. Reminded me of an early Boards of Canada style track.

It's actually really tough to decide between tracks, some stand out first listen but others grow on you, so you have to give them all a few plays, then there is picking them on competition criteria or whether they are just solid tracks you prefer.

Thanks @SIRUS I appreciate all that. When I was researching minimal I struggled to find a track that had that standard drum and bass beat so I tried to go with something a bit different. I think it ended up sounding more ambient like you say or maybe even hip hop. Thanks for listening dude

Back
Top Bottom