Minimal DNB Competition - VOTING

Which TWO tracks do you think are the best?

• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • C

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • F

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • G

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • H

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Congratulations on winning @Solace and well done @Sulihin

Thanks for the feedback, some useful bits there to take into consideration. As minimal D&B isn’t one of my favoured styles I’m quite chuffed to have made a reasonable successful stab at the competition.

Big up to all the judges!

Wooiii! Happy times! :D
Big up to all the guys who entered, really loved listening to everyones take on minimal, and the samples.

Thanks everyone for voting as well, and the judges for the indepth review! Def agreed on the creative aspect, I really need to step up my variation game. Really struggling with that in general.

As a thank you, I thought I could give you guys the tune for free? If you want? I put the other tune online as well, my second try for the contest, but the one I didn't pick in the end.
But please keep em inside this thread, I'd appreciate it if these don't get shared around.

little extra: CYOD stands for create your own destiny by the way, thats basically what the japans saying means

https://soundcloud . com/solacednb/sets/dnb-forum/s-deVJb (remove the spaces before and after the "." otherwise the link didn't take for some reason)

edit: link didnt work

Congratulations fluff!!! You utter beaut of a man, what's the plan for this year, do you have anything in the pipes? Working on anything exciting or do you have anything forthcoming on a label even?

Big up to all the guys who entered, really loved listening to everyones take on minimal, and the samples.

Thanks everyone for voting as well, and the judges for the indepth review! Def agreed on the creative aspect, I really need to step up my variation game. Really struggling with that in general.

As a thank you, I thought I could give you guys the tune for free? If you want? I put the other tune online as well, my second try for the contest, but the one I didn't pick in the end.
But please keep em inside this thread, I'd appreciate it if these don't get shared around.

little extra: CYOD stands for create your own destiny by the way, thats basically what the japans saying means

https://soundcloud . com/solacednb/sets/dnb-forum/s-deVJb (remove the spaces before and after the "." otherwise the link didn't take for some reason)

Thank you for this solace, huge massive enormous and rather very big ups!!!

Hwats your musical strategy for this year like? Do you have anything coming up?

You already know how much I like your tunes as it is, well deserved winner. Do you mind if I play CYOD in podcasts? I've got one I need to do for April, would love to drop this one in? Will list as ID - ID if needed.

Loved the tune man, got a little way to go in terms of clarity in the mix but the feel of the track was great.

Great tune man, didn't realise you would have such a back catalogue of solid releases but now it makes perfect sense why the mix was so standout.

Congratulations fluff!!! You utter beaut of a man, what's the plan for this year, do you have anything in the pipes? Working on anything exciting or do you have anything forthcoming on a label even?
Cheers Mr @logikz
I've got nothing planned at the moment. Probably have a go at the next competition and the Jungle Beat Battles competitions but I do need to try and spend some time on my own projects. It would help if I could focus on one particular style but I keep getting tempted by a whole range of styles.

Loved the tune man, got a little way to go in terms of clarity in the mix but the feel of the track was great.
@EvezDroppin thanks for the feedback. If I get a chance I might go back in and see what I can do better

Do you mind if I play CYOD in podcasts? I've got one I need to do for April, would love to drop this one in? Will list as ID - ID if needed.

Thats absolutely fine man! You can just list the trackname as well

Great tune man, didn't realise you would have such a back catalogue of solid releases but now it makes perfect sense why the mix was so standout.

Cheers! :D I try to do my best

Cheers Mr @logikz
I've got nothing planned at the moment. Probably have a go at the next competition and the Jungle Beat Battles competitions but I do need to try and spend some time on my own projects. It would help if I could focus on one particular style but I keep getting tempted by a whole range of styles.

@EvezDroppin thanks for the feedback. If I get a chance I might go back in and see what I can do better

No worries :) As always time will help you hear the things that maybe got list due to tired ears or just over listening. I often tend to over listen to my wips as I get quite excited by the potential of the track, I've now learned to listen to them as little as possible and it has helped me quite a lot.

IF you're interested.. and this is a big If. I would be up for mixing your stems to try and backup my claims in that it needs a bit of polish... more so to offer you a bit of help on the mixing advice and where I think it needed cutting/boosting. Although, a lot of it is just your ears tuning in over time so how valuable it would actually be I don't know :)

Side note - I have some tunes I have put for free download, some have vocals that could potentially be good remix projects for another competition. Takes away some work associated with creating a sample pack.. just an idea!

Cheers bois

Side note - I have some tunes I have put for free download, some have vocals that could potentially be good remix projects for another competition. Takes away some work associated with creating a sample pack.. just an idea!

Cheers bois

Would be a good idea for a comp. Just supply the vocal sample and we have to come up with the rest 😀

No worries :) As always time will help you hear the things that maybe got list due to tired ears or just over listening. I often tend to over listen to my wips as I get quite excited by the potential of the track, I've now learned to listen to them as little as possible and it has helped me quite a lot.

IF you're interested.. and this is a big If. I would be up for mixing your stems to try and backup my claims in that it needs a bit of polish... more so to offer you a bit of help on the mixing advice and where I think it needed cutting/boosting. Although, a lot of it is just your ears tuning in over time so how valuable it would actually be I don't know :)
Yes taking a break and coming back to a track can make a massive difference. I've destroyed some tunes by over listening to them and making heavy handed and rushed amendments.

I'd be interested to hear the tune after somebodies gone in and made some tweaks. I know I do too much in isolation

Cheers bois

DO YOU REALIZE how rare it is to get a post from evezdroppin??? its like unicorn tyreiron assault!

or what, is this not so, you know, i feel mixed up now that i know whats going on in parliamento and the house of lords (big C!) and the lesser coven of witches did a nighly emission of energy and noise which looks like a solid block of pink for four hours

ffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu- ARK nonononononono i didnt upload my article by 9 this morning, browser crashed, what the hell do i do, i have to regroup and figure something out now?!?!?!?!?!?!

DO YOU REALIZE how rare it is to get a post from evezdroppin??? its like unicorn tyreiron assault!

or what, is this not so, you know, i feel mixed up now that i know whats going on in parliamento and the house of lords (big C!) and the lesser coven of witches did a nighly emission of energy and noise which looks like a solid block of pink for four hours

ffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu- ARK nonononononono i didnt upload my article by 9 this morning, browser crashed, what the hell do i do, i have to regroup and figure something out now?!?!?!?!?!?!

I have for sure become more of a lurker in recent years but I'd say I'm more of a platypus duck than unicorn... that is far too elegant and mysterious. I'm just lazy :D

I shall fire you some music over, recently started getting back into it properly but I've moved to a different house with a tiny studio, so the bass and frequency response of the room is sort of like trying to analyse your tune from inside a glorified baked bean tin. I haven't ran Sonarworks reference yet for the corrective EQ curve it figures out... I'm not sure it will even attempt to rectify the response!

Back
Top Bottom