Minimal Dnb clap snare

shorten the decay of pretty well any snare sample and you'll have a pretty solid starting point.

could also try layering a rim shot sample with a clap, then messing with the attack of the clap.

so yeah, just layered up a transient from a hard hitting snare sample (could just use a rim shot) and used a bit of noise in Serum with an envelope on the Level set to: 15ms attack, 150ms decay, 0% sustain, 0ms release and got decently close. tune the noise to get the pitch you want for your snare and that should give you a starting point. best of luck!

I've always been of the mind that my time is better spent just sampling the sound from an open spot in the tune (or similar tune) and using the time I'd have spent trying to recreate it getting on with writing the tune haha. that or finding a sample that sounds exactly like what I want from the get go.

I've always been of the mind that my time is better spent just sampling the sound from an open spot in the tune (or similar tune) and using the time I'd have spent trying to recreate it getting on with writing the tune haha. that or finding a sample that sounds exactly like what I want from the get go.
tbh, I've been using samples more and more as of late for this exact reason. More time making music, less time making noises.

Yeah this is it, it's not that i'm against creating samples of my own at all, i just often found more pissing about trying to layer things that often sounded worse than me just lifting the sample or picking another more suitable. lining up transients etc is tedious. The other thing is if you're going to make something almost indistinguishable from a record, most people wont realise anyway that you haven't sampled it so i always think "what's the point of all this then if i could've just sampled it".

Back
Top Bottom