Minimal Christmas Compo 2018

@Fluff
what if we did two unique elements (I.e. you could use 2 unique sets of field recordings, then pull out what samples you want from em to include them in your track).This would be alongside the provided atmospheres, of which there are already several.

Also I should clarify that your sung/spoken word/rapped vocal element can also be built from a vocal pack.. it doesnt have to be recorded per say, but you will have to identify the pack you took the vocals from if you are prompted. No restrictions on vocal channel numbers.. as long as they are indeed vocals, spoken word or rap. I.e. you can use a vocal sample and then duplicate it and pitch shift it to create a harmony, or load in a separate harmony vocal track from a sample pack.

Last edited:
@Fluff
what if we did two unique elements (I.e. you could use 2 unique sets of field recordings, then pull out what samples you want from em to include them in your track).This would be alongside the provided atmospheres, of which there are already several.

Also I should clarify that your sung/spoken word/rapped vocal element can also be built from a vocal pack.. it doesnt have to be recorded per say, but you will have to identify the pack you took the vocals from if you are prompted. No restrictions on vocal channel numbers.. as long as they are indeed vocals, spoken word or rap. I.e. you can use a vocal sample and then duplicate it and pitch shift it to create a harmony, or load in a separate harmony vocal track from a sample pack.
Sounds reasonable to me and if those extra elements/vocals have to be tagged on the end clean then their usage can be monitored.

I'm relieved (and so should you be) that I won't have to try singing!

Otherwise I'm thinking foley sounds only plus element of your choice minimal compo?

bluds, whats happening? Think we got enough here? We wanting to do this soon? Defo b4 xmas yes? Cheers Jojabes!
As manu said, were working on the sample pack already, and it's looking like this competition is going to be good to go for the 15th!
Sounds reasonable to me and if those extra elements/vocals have to be tagged on the end clean then their usage can be monitored.

I'm relieved (and so should you be) that I won't have to try singing!
Oh i just noticed this thread. Sounds really cool! I am in. Thanks guys. I could contribute some samples if anyone is interested.

manu and i have a decent pack going, and from what i hear jojabes has made some significant contributions as well, i'm sorry i'm not around guys, my work schedule has gone mental, people have quit and are calling in "sick" and as a result my schedule is jam packed right now. Also, from what i gathered from my last talk w manu is that the sample pack is almost ready, we just need a couple more drum elements to make sure you lot have a good set of toys to play with.

manu and i have a decent pack going, and from what i hear jojabes has made some significant contributions as well, i'm sorry i'm not around guys, my work schedule has gone mental, people have quit and are calling in "sick" and as a result my schedule is jam packed right now. Also, from what i gathered from my last talk w manu is that the sample pack is almost ready, we just need a couple more drum elements to make sure you lot have a good set of toys to play with.
Hell yeah bro! Kick ass.

Alright, i'm not doing the podcast for this month cuz no time, but i'm getting hat and snare samples together for you folks right now!

ohhohohohoho! santa's come early, i've just taken my first look at the full pack we've got sorted for you lot, and i think you're gonna like it. All goes well, by the end of tomorrow there should be a new thread called "Minimal Compo 2018" up!

Back
Top Bottom