Mini dubstep track and home made vid

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by FIPITYFLIP, Jan 13, 2014.

1. FIPITYFLIP

FIPITYFLIP Member

Made this track using Korg monotron delay as the only synth. This is probably the cheapest synthetizer but it works well for basslines and sound effects. Made this video too lol

My tracks don't use to last more than 2 minutes (I call them mini-tracks). I think this is the right time for most electronic music tunes in order to not become reiterative, boring and dull. Intro, drop, exposition and ending. As a matter of fact I think a dnb/drumstep track shuldn't last more than 1:30 and this should be a new genre according for our times (this is no longer the 50s, 80s, 90s etc...)

In these times with the amount of information around and access to it, why do people think I should spend more time whith their copy-paste shit?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  2. Rajstah Vibe

Rajstah Vibe soundcloud.com/rajstah

You are not talking serious....
    DEBATE? :cowbell:

3. Ritual

Ritual Member

AREEE YOUU MAD?

4. FIPITYFLIP

FIPITYFLIP Member

Another reason I think electronic music tracks should last much less time than usual is that songs have changes in melody, chords that modulate, usually voices and lyrics... Totally different from what dnb, drumstep, dubstep has to offer (intro, drop and bass and rythm variations) but it tends to follow those external patterns even though it doesn't play with the same elements. Thats why there are tons of tracks that are unlistenable.

I hate to repeat myself but to make my definition clear this is another mini-track that "resumes" what I'm trying to make;

This is how a tune must be structured even though it doesn't fit in the nowaday's industry's canon (see how dj's don't spend 4 minutes boring the crowd with the same track and rapidly pass from one to another one.

"What is good, when it's brief, it's two times good"

Sometimes I wonder (as everyone), but I don't think so.

5. Ritual

Ritual Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOcT5JpLOqk

take a listen to this.

this is one of my favourite "EDM" (<hahah) tunes of all time.. for me ... it never gets boring.
    whether i'm listening to it on my iPod, in my car.. or at a gig. ALL 5.46 of it!