mind of its own..

mikeOO1

BTW im uing fl studio at the moment. So i just got some vairous samples after a short sample hunt, saved them directly into one of my sample tabs within the browser, I draged the sample into the playlist to check/anylize it out and its only saved a fraction of the sample??! wtf. and when you click one of the samples (the very most recent) its saying "access violation at adress bla bla bla .dll" its a free sample given to producers tho.

I did change a short number of settings to help my cpu in fruity a while ago but at the time that never seemed to affect it at all.(well, apart from helping cpu:D)

Does anyone know whats going on? ?

And latley fruity has been a bastard to me by crashing around two times on me! Too many samples and existing projects affecting my beloved fruity perhaps?

Im stumped, hope your not.:)

Last edited:
Hmmm on closer inspection ive realized that the culprate files are dot AIFF. Should'nt they run properly in fl?

Yeah massive. I think it has once or twice mate, but when it did it was during the initial load up. Ive only been experiencing some problems in the last few days, dunno whats going on really.

Last edited:
Is there a major diffrence between the two? I think the massive problem was a one off, its the sample thing thats got me.

Im gonna try and get an aiff ---> wav converter next and see if that works out. I hope it works cos the sample is awesome.

wav is only audio i work/play with cant go wrong with it really, i think every daw accepts it.

Yeah wav is the best man, but this sample is in aiff format.
IF my comp cold save the whole sample i could easily convert it to wav cuz i dont think fruity supports aiff format? i'll check it out now.

can you open the sample in media player or quicktime ok??

the sample may be corrupted, in which case try downloading it again

Yeah its surprising really how many problems you can avoid by using legit software.

yeah its surprising how many people cant afford to pay for the software and will be happy to learn on knock off gear until they can with the knowing that it can go wrong from time to time ;)

I dont think we should discuss cracked software, although lots of applications are perfectly legal to use as long as you dont make any £ off it, try before you buy kinda thing. Im thinking of getting cubase or pro tools(worth the cash imo), ive had my mind set on cubase for a while but pro tools looks astonishing, almost every proffesional mastering suite seems to use it which makes me think its right up there or even the best... doesnt mean it is tho.

@ marlztah. yeah that could work i hadnt thought of that one.
i could proberbly just drag it out of itunes and into the editor, for some reason with certain samples my comp chooses itunes as a default place to play them.

Thanks for the responses on this one peeps.

yeah its surprising how many people cant afford to pay for the software and will be happy to learn on knock off gear until they can with the knowing that it can go wrong from time to time ;)

Fair enough, I've haid a fair share of mystical error messages haha!

To be honest, I haven't bought massive (yet I've used it in the past!). But the copy protection it has means that I will be getting it at some point. I've been out of work lately though so anything new for me is a big no-no. Damn this recession...

And on the AIFF note, I for one don't have any quicktime or other apple decoders but can still play the samples alright in soundforge...

Some sites combined with old versions of web browsers can do that, I remember trying to d/l a patch to some game years ago and it reported the download as finished but i kept getting a CRC error. Then I kept an eye on the download status bar and it jumped from 20-40% to finished... Some kind of server error I think. Long story short: Try downloading again or updating browser.

Back
Top Bottom