Milky Way [L-FUNK]

The beats are somehow muffled. Maybe that's your intention but its a little too soft, it could use some edge in there as contrast. Like a tight hihat or something. It's also getting a little boring in the middle, some changeups needed. just a "b-part" as they say.

For a "noob" very good tho.

the beat is a little light, and some of the sound effects are muddled. bass is too light as well, at least on my system. i think there are plenty of good ideas here, you should keep at this one. definitely needs some stronger variation, but i like some of the pad and lead work.

i agree, for a "noob" this is solid.

The beats are somehow muffled. Maybe that's your intention but its a little too soft, it could use some edge in there as contrast. Like a tight hihat or something. It's also getting a little boring in the middle, some changeups needed. just a "b-part" as they say.

For a "noob" very good tho.

Thank you! Believe it or not the percussion is actually single hit samples from a 70's house pack. The synth sounds came first so the beat was manufactured around it and I agree with hindsight the beat is a little too soft. As for the addition of a "b" part taking this idea further I think I have the elements for an interesting intro to a harder jump up tune, which I am gaggin to create.

Thank you, your comments have spawned an evolution! :clown:

Spot on about the bass, I didnt realise how light it was until I booted up my laptop, played it and couldn't hear it. I need to fiddle with the EQ and invest in some decent monitors

Back
Top Bottom