Mike Z - Echoes (Wip)

Hey Mike,
Sounding better!! I like the intro, the pluck noises and the general vibe of the whole tune....I cant comment on everything as im listening on my laptop but what I would say is that you could poss add some delay fx to the breakdown transitions, just so the track doesnt sorta stop so dead :) maybe try to fade it out and make it smoother when you cut out the drums, prehaps add some downshifter noises... I didnt care much for the bassline either it was quite emotionless I didnt feel the bass melody complimented the track and maybe you can get some more movement in the bass it was to much of just a tone sound..
But good work overall I hope some of this helps

Yeah, I missed the mark with the bassline, I'm working on replacing it with something that fits better. Thanks for the advice :)

Haha! Amazing how much difference a decent set of headphones can make. Well done. This sounds so much better than the last tune you posted. Bottom end sounds solid. Don't like the pitch bending stuff at 2:44 sounds out of time. Also, as Kryos already pointed out the sound you are using for that lead bass sound could do with some movement. Maybe a filter? But good job mate.

Haha! Amazing how much difference a decent set of headphones can make. Well done. This sounds so much better than the last tune you posted. Bottom end sounds solid. Don't like the pitch bending stuff at 2:44 sounds out of time. Also, as Kryos already pointed out the sound you are using for that lead bass sound could do with some movement. Maybe a filter? But good job mate.
Hehe, my signal chain has changed from;

Realtek Soundcard on pc -> Minijack cable to -> NAD C236 Amplifier -> headphone out -> Sennheiser Momentum

to

Reference 4 -> Komplete Audio 6 -> BD DT880 Pro.

The difference is astonishing.
Thanks for the advice, really appreciate all of you taking time to comment.

Back
Top Bottom