mids - lucid

I liked it, nice work on the reverb, nice delays on the percussion, good chilled feel to the whole track. Maybe something to add interest higher up. Drums have a good weight to them. As for the sub, no whistle here (sennheiser cans) but maybe a little too strong, hard to say but no whistling or distortion for me.

intro sounds good, bass is nice. also, my wife is hollering in from the kitchen that she likes it a lot. anyway, production sounds solid over here, vicious is pretty accurate...

nice track, keep it going

nice vibe lucid - really getting in to your productions of late - very lynx esq which I like - if I'd heard click on fab and groove I'd have said lynx without thinking!!!. anyway back to this tune....the reverb and delay is spot on - the only suggestion I would give is definitely adding something on the 16ths at the mo its just a bit too chill out style and not enough dnb having said that though I'm really feeling it as it is but I think to have a wider appeal a gentle push towards more dnb format is needed. keep at it

Last edited:
overall i like it alot. for my taste the drums need to be much harsher and louder, but ok ;)

maybe a little bit less sub and some more weight to the kick?

One more for a little less sub, apart from that I really like it. Percussion is nice.

No probs. Mixdowns are something I'm really struggling to learn.

Maybe you should create a "Mixdown 101" or something for us beginners so we stand half a chance at getting our sounds crisper!

This sounds great, well mixed. Agree on sub, could be lowered a tad but I'm listening on headphones (Beyers) and it's 8am on a Saturday morning. :)

Definitely try for the 1/16 shaker of some sort at the drop, would really fill it out! Great track!

i say keep the big sub, maybe because i go for that style myself, but i could see what you were going for and it works. with all due respect to everyone wnating it to be tailored more towards the general dnb listener, they're wrong. stick with it as it is. it's called minimal dnb for a reason. listen to a lot of instra:mental stuff and it's even barer than this so, i say you don't need any more urgency in the beat

locked in and liking what i hear man. i usally expect ppls minimal drum tracks to bit stripped down and boring but this keeps me interested. speshally like some of the snare shots u got going on 'flams' i think they are called. im with safety, keep the sub. nice n warm. nice chilling track - if u aint finished then i bet it will sound sick when u are!

guys i have updated this and uploaded my finished version, please check it out...

im thinking the bass might not be loud enough please feedback. sorry i havnt commented lately i havnt got internet at home

Back
Top Bottom