Midnight Maneuvers 8

Discussion in 'Members Mixes' started by jsmith89, Apr 13, 2013.

1. jsmith89

jsmith89 Hmph..... silly...

Back to the minimal after the last one, different range of tempos in there too. Also can someone ID the ?? for me, i got it in the post but it was labelled incorrectly, white test press no info!

Zed Bias & Paleman - Furrball
    Transportation AAD - Last Train To Lexington
    ASC - Solenoid
    Biome - Spawned
    Dauwd - Heat Division
    ?? - ??
    VIVEK - Over My Head
    Sub - Deeper
    Amit - Don't Forget Your Roots
    J:Kenzo - No Man's Land
    Cluekid - Rainy Street Light
    Dan HabarNam - Fragments
    LXC - I Know U
    Machinedrum - Clissold VIP
    J:Kenzo - Ironclad
    dBridge - So Lonely (Consequence Remix)
    Mindmapper - Fenryr
    Spinline - Irreverse
    Felix K - Recognition
    Hybris - Agent
    Stray - Erase
    Koto - Emersion
    Sam KDC - Downpour
    Synth Sense - Sea Of Storms (ASC Remix)
    DelPurr & Eraser - Fairytale
    Distance - Sky's Alight
    VIVEK - Over My Head (Om Unit Remix)
    ASC & Sam KDC - Cold Spot

100% Vinyl as standard :)

Shatner's Bosom likes this.
  2. The Watcha

The Watcha Well-Known Member

Ooo! Looks very interesting as usual :) Next mix I'll listen to when I have the time.
    Did you record this when you got back from Exit man?

I like this

jsmith89 likes this.
  3. jsmith89

No i was in no fit state to be able to! still haven't gotten round to your numerical and alphabetical ones will do so when i get the chance

4. jack2290

jack2290 Member

Looks big!! On d/l now

jsmith89 likes this.
  5. Sicx

Sicx Well-Known Member

Gunna get on this tomorrow Jack tracklist looks tastyy

jsmith89 likes this.
  6. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

oh mai.

looks large (y) pon zee download!

excellente if i do say so myself

jsmith89 likes this.
  7. Matty28

Matty28 Active Member

Listened to the first part with the downtempo stuff earlier. Now i must say that techno/hpuse isn't really my bag but this is an excellent selection really enjoyed those tunes. Will post more thoughts after ive listened to all of it but tracklit looks intense

jsmith89 likes this.
  8. Shatner's Bosom

Shatner's Bosom murder TANMUSHIMUSHI

Big TL, I enjoyed your last one, will definitely will give this a listen

jsmith89 likes this.
  9. HAB

HAB "Genius!"

Back to ol' MM, I see?

Pon it!

jsmith89 likes this.
  10. Shatner's Bosom

Shatner's Bosom murder TANMUSHIMUSHI

I like how you transition between genres, something I can't do

11. Vanden

Vanden -nieuwenhuysen

Yes! Looks wicked. Will listen on tuesday!

jsmith89 likes this.
  12. jsmith89

i'd like to say it's really well thought out but it's really just plonking some atmospheric tunes in between :D

13. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

on this Jack, good to finally meet you at Exit mate.

jsmith89 likes this.
  14. The Watcha

The Watcha Well-Known Member

Have to start by saying...

either, but I will jot a few words before getting stuck into the stuff I do like.

It was a funky minimal start the slid towards the more electro end of the scale. The pulsey breakdown at around 3:30 was quite nice.

I Know is a bit of a beast! Love the hectic relentless tribal drums and high end symbol in there, setting up Clissold rmx SO well. Eased in a treat, complimenting I Know & twisting up the tune before an extra notch. Flavours of Ironclad bless Clissold rmx whilst holding the mix, for some new steppy tribalness to keep the pace. Simple & very effective bassline in that :) & when So Lonely rmx came in.... what a wicked blend! The atmospheric nature & kick of So Lonely worked wonders with Ironclad. Fenryr sounding a lot better in your mix than the first time I heard it, pretty off kilter kind of beat, but very effective.... then when Irreverse started easing in, it brought a big smile to my face as I used to batter that tune around the time it was released :) Got to dig that tune out for some plays. A friend of mine said he likes the way Irreverse flops on the top of other tunes its mixed with & completely understand when he means. Recognition high end building through the breakdown in Irreverse nicely to drop a short way through the second part. Those 2 very similar in beat structure & sounding nice together, never thought of mixing them together before. Nice to hear Agent making its way into an MM episode + a members mix. Second favourite to Occult for me, but Hybris' tunes always seem to hit the nail on the head.... oh, its Occult that drops... which is a nice surprise :) there is also a funny 16 bar section in Occult that makes it drop half way through a 32 bar loop that you got to watch out for. Really liked hearing Erase in there as well, mixing it right through the intro was wicked & complimented Occult really well, sitting back a smidge in the mix. Emersion brought some wicked added percussion to Erase & sat very well with it. Probably the least played tune for me off that EP, but none the less still a pleasing tune to listen to & mix. Downpour eased into Koto's tune effectively & softly, whispering its beats into the tail end of the previous tune, for Sam's step beat to walk into the ride. Sea Of Storms rmx sat really well with Downpour, adding the extra symbols to give more energy to this section without ramping things up too much. The soundscape of Fairytail takes next to no time to come in after the breakdown int he previous tune, with its spaced out pads & well placed soft vocals, but with beats that compliment Sea Of Storms rmx. Nice to see Skys Alight making it into an MM as well + the tune on the back of that is nice to mix as well, another wicked beat orientated tune that I need to get back to playing again. Over My Head rmx steps in through the breakdown of the previous tune... love the vocal in that. There is another funny 16 bar section in the breakdown to Skys Alight which might have thrown the structure out a bit again. Cold Spot worked nicely out of Over My Head rmx, the beat of the last tune coming in quite strong but a few Sam KDC influenced tunes tent to flow well with Over My Head rmx. Sweet ending tune

A really nice mix man, as per all the other episodes. Wasn't feeling the section before the dnb, but thats just me. A fair bit of crackle around Irreverse & Skys Alight. Was wondering when Fairytale / Imagine & Over My Head rmx were going to make it into an MM & didn't have to wait that long. Wicked selection & choice blends, keeping up the tradition of the series. At least a couple of tunes in there will be making their way in forthcoming B&B episodes ;)

15. jsmith89

you never disappoint with the big feedback, much appreciated as always! no worries about the sub-170 stuff, it wasn't really my cup of tea up until a few months ago and i'm still only a noob with it all :) agree with Irreverse it's a real good mixing tool, the pressing's loud though kinda have to tone it down or it'll dwarf other tunes like it did here. same problem with the buildup of fluff as before, nothing i can do really if it's been cued already. maybe i need new needles? ah shit i have a test press of agent / occult so confuse the two regularly, i'll change the tracklist....

thanks again W

16. skwiffer

skwiffer Active Member

Yes. looking forward to this. I've got so many mixes to listen to!

jsmith89 likes this.
  17. littlesnitch

littlesnitch big up the goons

looking big as always mate. furrball is a cheeky tune! am going to have to buy that

jsmith89 likes this.
  18. jsmith89

thanks guys, yes you know! furrball sold out quicker than anything i've seen this year, monster

19. HAB

HAB "Genius!"

Don't think I've forgotten, Jack! Just need to find time to sit and listen!

20. Sicx

Sicx Well-Known Member

Apologies for the late feedback here Jack.
    Really enjoyed this mix, alot more than your last one I think. Tracklist was on point, deep & minimal and you really switched up genres which is something I love seeing in mixes and find really refreshing.
    So, Furrball into Last Train... was wicked, both sick tunes and that Darkestral EP is absolute vibes, doesnt get played enough imo. I think my first (and only) criticism here is that I would have faded out Furrball before it dropped back in. Sounded a smidge behind.
    The rest of the house/130 section was wicked, drawing on some big ones here, ASC, Biome to that Dauwd track (which I think is called 'And' not Heat Division dude).
    Stepped it up slightly for the dubstep bit, once again picked out some real bangers, Over my Head, Don't Forget Your Roots are pure true dubstep vibes. Some quality mixing here.
    The LXC tune is something I remember hearing ages ago while browsing Soundcloud and forgot about, such a pitch black tune, so dark!
    There's alot of tunes after this Ive never heard before (something which is always on point with you) and is why i love listening to your mixes so much. Cant dish out much feedback here cuz everything sounded so sick and I dont really know the tunes! There were lots of switch ups during this point though which I loved, all minimal tunes but each was very different, yet you mixed them together really well, if you get me. (AKA you didnt stick to all 'autonomic' or Auxiliary vibes)
    The ending, Skys Alight, Over my Head Remix & Cold Spot, was pure sickness. The Om Unit Remix has really grown on me and the more i hear it the more i love it.
    Cold Spot is a tune im so bummed was vinyl only cuz the thing is gorgeous! Might have to bag it on vinyl if im honest when ive got some dollar cuz its wicked.

All in all another great mix, liked it way more than your last one and your ability to draw tracks ive never heard always astounds me, big up!
    Major props for the 100% vinyl as well dude, you've picked it up so quickly.