Felix K - Ungers
Clarity - Fractionate
Sabre - Marvel
Mindmapper & Fre4knc - Shutter Angel
Overlook - Three Shards
Paradox - Marxism
Minor Rain - Burn It Out
Badmarsh & Shri - Signs (Calibre Remix)
Total Science - Soul Patrol (Lenzman's Deep In Your Soul Mix)
Marcus Intalex - Afrikaa
London Elektricity - Billion Dollar Gravy
EastColors - Murderer
Survival & Silent Witness - Tracer Ft. Cern
Amoss - Flex
Icicle - Dreadnaught
LTJ Bukem - Music (Technicolour Rework)
SpectraSoul - Memento
Flowrian - The Happy Ending
Bungle - Astral Travel
Lynx - Nina
Andyskopes - Reading By The White Lake

off the cuff mix i recorded tonight, thought it had enough minimal material to qualify for the series! gonna say in advance, memento coming in is shoddy so apologies for that, bit gutted myself. otherwise not perfect either :D all comments and ting greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Alright, Jack, gave this a listen the other day (got a ton to still listen to, as well!), but I had some pretty great things to say, bro.

First, the intro was just nuts. The mood from that Beastie Respond bit was out of this world, and the way it moved into Shiver was just lovely. Sat on top of each other really well. I'm not the biggest fan of the Lung tune, honestly, but it definitely carried the vibe perfectly and the mixing was tight throughout this whole part. Big ups on that.

Liked the drop into Ungers too, as the Lung strings managed to blend really well here. However, hats off go into the switch into Fractionate. That's such a fucking tune and it fit so bloody well in this mix it's astounding. Real mood maker, here. I thought the switch to Marvel was good, too, but it was a bit sharp of a drop. Luckily, the drop on it (as is the case with most Sabre tunes) is genuinely big enough to make it a negligible switch.

Taking that dark steppy vibe, I like the transition into Shudder Angel. Had to mess around with pitch and speed a bit, but you got it right as rain. The transition to Three Shards, though, wow. That tune blew me away. I've always dug Narratives stuff but hearing it in a mix makes it so really shine. I like the mood this creates too. It's anxious and energetic but still dark and proper moody like old school Moving Shadow. Really love it!

Transition to Marxism was smooth as hell, holy shit. Hats off to you, sir, I had to do a quick rewind on that! The differing drum patterns from Marxism > Burn It Out sound like an absolute bear to mix, though, and you managed it quite fine! Burn It Out I'm not the biggest fan of, but it definitely serves a purpose to bring the mood out of the dark and into something a bit stronger, which flows into the Calibre Remix and Soul Patrol actually really amazingly. The Signs remix in particular stood out as a 'Oh shit' moment since its such a classic. Grooved out hard to this.

Love how this forms a little classics vibe too. Signs > Soul Patrol > Afrikaa > BDG was like a trip into the crates. Afrikaa came in kinda heavy but the vocals from Soul Patrol just stole that away. Next level bidness here.

LOVED the drop from BDG > Murderer. Would go off nasty at a night out. Murderer lives up to its name in this mix, bro. And you kept the BDG vibes layered on top for a bit which was delicious.

Gotta give a shout to Flex > Dreadnought because fuck why didn't I think of that?!

Bringing the vibe back up with Music Remix (a tune I've been rinsing out like no tomorrow) and yeah I can see what you mean about Memento. No matter, though, its such a minor thing compared to the flawlessness of the rest of the mix that you really have no reason to be upset. The vibe is still there, and it works really well.

I consider myself a pretty big fan of Flowrian but I've never heard this tune?! It's mental! The drums also sit lovely under the bass and leads of Astral Travel and those two tunes really complement each other well. Nice outro, too, bro. Real cool and almost dark piano and string vibes from Lynx into Andyskopes. Not that many tunes with this sound that work well in a mix but you managed it amazingly.

Gotta say, Jack, I'm preferable to MM2 myself but this was actually a really nice departure from the normal fare. I liked the way that you were able to create those lovely moods and sections that carried me from one to the other. Not that I don't love my dark and deep shit, but this was also a really nice mix outside of the MM label and one that's making me go hunting for a few new tunes. Technically it's almost perfect save for that Memento nonsense and a few other slips, so that's hardly a concern at all. Keep up the amazing work, cheers!

^ holy fuck. very kind of you to take the time to listen and write such hench feedback, much appreciated HAB my man. picked up flowrian's cinnamon garden lp not too long ago, 2 x 12 and literally every track holds its own, no filler in there at all. i guarantee you'll love it, rolling bliss. gonna give your new mix a listen tomorrow at work, no doubt it'll be spectac

thanks again mate, you're awesome

urggghh downloading for journey to work...Reading By The White Lake last tune, are you mad!? Wicked TL.

Can't wait to drop some thoughts on this.

Firstly, a very nice start to the morning, checking the forum & seeing the Midnight Maneuvers 7 title sitting on the main screen :)

Secondly, woke up this morning to have the vocals of Wait For Me in my head :) Must have been some sort of premonition, as I didn't even give it a spin yesterday.

Knowing how I feel about the opening tune (it made my top 10 for this month) made it an all too pleasing way to start MM7 off. A slightly off-kilter steppy beat builds for the soft vocal of Alia Fresco to glide into the mix & Shiver to start working its mild magic with its not quite full-roll. Love the aerated atmospheric moody pulses every second lot of 4 bars in Shiver. Both Wait For Me & Shiver sitting very well together for the opening blend. Pretty sure I had not heard Why Does Anyone Ever Do Anything. The beat of such starts stepping on top of Shiver to continue the vibe of the first mix, bringing icing-on-the-cake vocals in for good measure. Some slightly more rolling, but still steppy beats in there. Some trademark deep Felix K notes enter the space with some unmistakable high end shuffles & mellow beats whilst I antisapate the arrival of Fractionate, then there it is with its effortless vocal and analogue hook, bouncing its way into the mix. Fractionate - Marvel worked nicely.... now I'm thinking, I'm sure I've heard that mix somewhere before..... possibly from B&B 2 :)

Clarity - Fractionate (Horizons Music)
Sabre - Marvel (Critical Records)

Probably happened subconsciously. Not pointing fingers or anything :teeth: Nice to hear someone else pull it off though.
Pacey atmospheric wind notes move into the breakdown in Marvel announcing Shutter Angel's arrival. A little blip in there but nothing major & sorted by the next bar. Shutter Angel bringing the energy of the mix up considerably with some wicked rolling beats & filthy growls to boot. Looking forward to Three Shards' arrival, as it will be the first mix I have heard it in. Came in a tad abruptly, but a fair few Overlook tune do just that. Not a fan of Marxism, but did sit well with Three Shards. Wondering what Burn It Out was before it comes in, I had heard it before, the aggressive synthy stabs just sounding a bit too much in the mix & in the actual tune. The beat arrangement in Burn It Out is nice, just those synth bits don't sit right. I like the Minor Rain colab bit, Sklep on Code Of The Samurai 2 though. Signs rmx began rolling well into Burn It Out, with its Indian-esque flavours & memorable vocal to let us know it has bade its arrival. Rolling beats of Soul Patrol take hold, with the vocal taking its turn to talk & wait while the tail end of Signs rmx said its last vocal part. Afrikaa - Billion Dollar Gravy rolled together well, but wasn't my cup of tea for tune selection. The stabby Murderer into rolls well off the back of Billion Dollar Gravy, keeping flavours of the latter in to lay in the undercurrents of the mix.

Tracer does some damage when that kicks into Murderer, with its wicked drawn out bass note. Both tunes really rolling a treat together. I heard Flex building for the breakdown in Tracer for what I hope will be a quality double & it does just that. The beat structures in Tracer & Flex twisting both tunes up an extra notch in the mix, turning them into something extra special. Favourite mix so far & a wicked find :) Flex has to be one of my fav Amoss tunes. Hearing the bleeps of Dreadnaught in the breakdown of Flex keep the hopes of another well thought out mix alive. When the mix first came in, I wasn't feeling it as much till the 32 bar section with the vocals, then the mix really came together, with Flex keeping the rolling filth in there. Some new ticking beat brings Music rmx in, with a piano note, delving more into the new tune. The way Dreadnaught winds down for Music rmx to come in for full effect was nice. Sometimes you need a switched mix in there. I should know what Memento sounds like, but it was newness to the ears. The bits where that was fading in & out didn't sound too out of place, bar the little blip. The Happy Ending kept the soulful rolling flavours going, for what looks like will be the standard for the tail end of the mix. Astral Travel brings the spaced out liquid vibes. Nina reminds me of the Lynx influences off the Allegiance EP. Little blip with Nina & Reading By The White Lake, but an easy listening end to the mix

I did enjoy this episode, from its minimal start, to its laid back rolling middle, deep & dirtier section straight after, with a more chilled end. Would have preferred a handful more minimal bits to keep the feel of Midnight Maneuvers that I know & love. Nice selection & look forward to any more episodes that hopefully arise!

Last edited:
Really nice mix. A good progression through different styles. Was nice to hear signs calibre remix again too. A very good series of mixes so far (y)

Feedback has been battered here. Anyways...

I think I prefer this to your last MM. but there was bits I loved from that and bits I love in this.

Beastie Respond - Wait For Me Ft. Alia Fresco
Blocks & Escher - Shiver
Lung - Why Does Anyone Ever Do Anything? Ft. Rachel K Collier

First three tracks rolled well using the vocals of Wait for Me and WDAEDA and Shiver sandwiched in between. Good way to get the ball rolling.

Energy levels rose a few notches as this mix progressed. Liked hearing Fractionate again, thought it wasn't brought in at the drop though noticed the change up in fractionate 16 bars after it was brought in. Being picky :) I did like it though.

Great hearing Marvel again. Reminds me so much of Alix Perez - The Observer.

Didnt really dig the bits around Signs remix even though I love that tune. Didnt think that worked too well with the tune before. Next mix was ok. Kind of expected a switch to the Lenzman remix...everything seemed a bit muffled with Soul Patrol remix couldn't quite work it out if it was highs or dust...

Next mix into Afrikaaa was sickle. Probably favourite mix in this. Billion Dollar Gravy seemlessly made its way in and bam thats my favourite three tune section right there. Nailed. EQ's the lot.
Next mix into Murderer was rude as. Wicked Jack.

Loved the Flex > Dreadnaught mix too. Gunna have to whirl that later on.

Vast improvements technically from the last mix IMO.
Really enjoyed this throughout as usual. Your clearly getting the practice in with records and it is definitely showing. Only advice I'd give you is if your not practicing cueing tunes 16, 32 bars before drops which then promotes a slightly faster pace of mixing. Might not be for you, I know some people who have mixed vinyl for 10 years and never cued a single record. But its something that for me is essential.

Big ups this was FIRE! canny wait for the next one.
Will be giving you some props when I see you at Exit.

yes J
looks wicked. will get round to this when i get a free 77 mins.

awesome work on the feedback guys. we have a fantastic community in this section these days. keep it up.
watcha and stu. apparently i've repped you too much recently but the thought and praise is there.

checked this yesterday man, wicked vibes. loads of new tunes in there iv never heard before, mixing was on point bar a few little slips here and there, sorted quickly.. made it better for me in a strange way as shows theres a human behind the mix! your selection is wicked man and u obviously have great taste in dnb. big up mate, keep it up!

Firstly, a very nice start to the morning, checking the forum & seeing the Midnight Maneuvers 7 title sitting on the main screen :)

Secondly, woke up this morning to have the vocals of Wait For Me in my head :) Must have been some sort of premonition, as I didn't even give it a spin yesterday.

Knowing how I feel about the opening tune (it made my top 10 for this month) made it an all too pleasing way to start MM7 off. A slightly off-kilter steppy beat builds for the soft vocal of Alia Fresco to glide into the mix & Shiver to start working its mild magic with its not quite full-roll. Love the aerated atmospheric moody pulses every second lot of 4 bars in Shiver. Both Wait For Me & Shiver sitting very well together for the opening blend. Pretty sure I had not heard Why Does Anyone Ever Do Anything. The beat of such starts stepping on top of Shiver to continue the vibe of the first mix, bringing icing-on-the-cake vocals in for good measure. Some slightly more rolling, but still steppy beats in there. Some trademark deep Felix K notes enter the space with some unmistakable high end shuffles & mellow beats whilst I antisapate the arrival of Fractionate, then there it is with its effortless vocal and analogue hook, bouncing its way into the mix. Fractionate - Marvel worked nicely.... now I'm thinking, I'm sure I've heard that mix somewhere before..... possibly from B&B 2 :)

Probably happened subconsciously. Not pointing fingers or anything :teeth: Nice to hear someone else pull it off though.
Pacey atmospheric wind notes move into the breakdown in Marvel announcing Shutter Angel's arrival. A little blip in there but nothing major & sorted by the next bar. Shutter Angel bringing the energy of the mix up considerably with some wicked rolling beats & filthy growls to boot. Looking forward to Three Shards' arrival, as it will be the first mix I have heard it in. Came in a tad abruptly, but a fair few Overlook tune do just that. Not a fan of Marxism, but did sit well with Three Shards. Wondering what Burn It Out was before it comes in, I had heard it before, the aggressive synthy stabs just sounding a bit too much in the mix & in the actual tune. The beat arrangement in Burn It Out is nice, just those synth bits don't sit right. I like the Minor Rain colab bit, Sklep on Code Of The Samurai 2 though. Signs rmx began rolling well into Burn It Out, with its Indian-esque flavours & memorable vocal to let us know it has bade its arrival. Rolling beats of Soul Patrol take hold, with the vocal taking its turn to talk & wait while the tail end of Signs rmx said its last vocal part. Afrikaa - Billion Dollar Gravy rolled together well, but wasn't my cup of tea for tune selection. The stabby Murderer into rolls well off the back of Billion Dollar Gravy, keeping flavours of the latter in to lay in the undercurrents of the mix.

Tracer does some damage when that kicks into Murderer, with its wicked drawn out bass note. Both tunes really rolling a treat together. I heard Flex building for the breakdown in Tracer for what I hope will be a quality double & it does just that. The beat structures in Tracer & Flex twisting both tunes up an extra notch in the mix, turning them into something extra special. Favourite mix so far & a wicked find :) Flex has to be one of my fav Amoss tunes. Hearing the bleeps of Dreadnaught in the breakdown of Flex keep the hopes of another well thought out mix alive. When the mix first came in, I wasn't feeling it as much till the 32 bar section with the vocals, then the mix really came together, with Flex keeping the rolling filth in there. Some new ticking beat brings Music rmx in, with a piano note, delving more into the new tune. The way Dreadnaught winds down for Music rmx to come in for full effect was nice. Sometimes you need a switched mix in there. I should know what Memento sounds like, but it was newness to the ears. The bits where that was fading in & out didn't sound too out of place, bar the little blip. The Happy Ending kept the soulful rolling flavours going, for what looks like will be the standard for the tail end of the mix. Astral Travel brings the spaced out liquid vibes. Nina reminds me of the Lynx influences off the Allegiance EP. Little blip with Nina & Reading By The White Lake, but an easy listening end to the mix

I did enjoy this episode, from its minimal start, to its laid back rolling middle, deep & dirtier section straight after, with a more chilled end. Would have preferred a handful more minimal bits to keep the feel of Midnight Maneuvers that I know & love. Nice selection & look forward to any more episodes that hopefully arise!

awesome feedback yet again! thanks man! haha i totally hadn't clocked you did fractionate > marvel, i've obviously listened to that mix as well. strange! nice one for properly bossing the feedback, does really help ya know... i await your next one with baited breath (y)

Really nice mix. A good progression through different styles. Was nice to hear signs calibre remix again too. A very good series of mixes so far (y)

thanks rob, much appreciated. thanks for the continued support over the series, think the next one will keep it straight minimal

Feedback has been battered here. Anyways...

I think I prefer this to your last MM. but there was bits I loved from that and bits I love in this.

Beastie Respond - Wait For Me Ft. Alia Fresco
Blocks & Escher - Shiver
Lung - Why Does Anyone Ever Do Anything? Ft. Rachel K Collier

First three tracks rolled well using the vocals of Wait for Me and WDAEDA and Shiver sandwiched in between. Good way to get the ball rolling.

Energy levels rose a few notches as this mix progressed. Liked hearing Fractionate again, thought it wasn't brought in at the drop though noticed the change up in fractionate 16 bars after it was brought in. Being picky :) I did like it though.

Great hearing Marvel again. Reminds me so much of Alix Perez - The Observer.

Didnt really dig the bits around Signs remix even though I love that tune. Didnt think that worked too well with the tune before. Next mix was ok. Kind of expected a switch to the Lenzman remix...everything seemed a bit muffled with Soul Patrol remix couldn't quite work it out if it was highs or dust...

Next mix into Afrikaaa was sickle. Probably favourite mix in this. Billion Dollar Gravy seemlessly made its way in and bam thats my favourite three tune section right there. Nailed. EQ's the lot.
Next mix into Murderer was rude as. Wicked Jack.

Loved the Flex > Dreadnaught mix too. Gunna have to whirl that later on.

Vast improvements technically from the last mix IMO.
Really enjoyed this throughout as usual. Your clearly getting the practice in with records and it is definitely showing. Only advice I'd give you is if your not practicing cueing tunes 16, 32 bars before drops which then promotes a slightly faster pace of mixing. Might not be for you, I know some people who have mixed vinyl for 10 years and never cued a single record. But its something that for me is essential.

Big ups this was FIRE! canny wait for the next one.
Will be giving you some props when I see you at Exit.

you're big stu, hench feedback! yeah i was bussing a little dance for afrikaa, probably my favourite mix in there too love the soul patrol vocals. ah yeah in terms of the cue thing, i only really do it if a track has a long atmospheric intro, cued marxism from the first drum hit as it's easier but never really taken cueing further than that, will practice!

yes man i'm so hyped for exit it's untrue. :grouphug:

also i really appreciate your help with the filters from last time, can't imagine not using them now! nearly making full use of the 22 now

checked this yesterday man, wicked vibes. loads of new tunes in there iv never heard before, mixing was on point bar a few little slips here and there, sorted quickly.. made it better for me in a strange way as shows theres a human behind the mix! your selection is wicked man and u obviously have great taste in dnb. big up mate, keep it up!

nice one mate! thanks for checking. haha obviously not ideal i can't help touching the plate at every given moment, glad you can sort of appreciate it tho

Back
Top Bottom