Midi to Audio

SuburbanFilth

Hey guys just out of curiosity when u're tryin to save cpu u convert the midi track into audio, am i right?Then what do u do with the midis u keep them in the project or u dont i mean cause i just found out about that and i got 2 tracks named Beat,2 named bass and so on.

That kind of depends.. you won't save cpu if u keep the midi track and get another extra audio track really. If you are completely sure that you don't want to change anything in the sound you aren't really in much need of the midi track. But i change my sounds all the time during the production of a track so I tend to keep everything in midi until the very end really!

A midi track with a synth plugin on it is going to use more cpu than an audio track with no plugins. You can make the midi track inactive and leave it in the session, that way if you do need to change the sound you can go back to it, and its not using up processing power.

If I'm pushing the CPU I usually opt to freeze the midi tracks in question. That way I'll save CPU but can return to edit MIDI when I feel the need.

Back
Top Bottom