MIDI Keyboard

DJVendetta

Hi,
I want to invest in a midi keyboard for production, any advice on which one to get? The cheaper the better really, I've had a look at the Korg NanoKEY which is only £30. Is it any good?

Thanks

I use the Maudio Ozone jobber. Cost me around £90 on ebay (about 5 years ago) and does the job well.

Under 50 pounds? Not much choice then, some simple MIDI Keyboards will already be 100 pounds if you want a good one.
Maybe an M-Audio Oxygen 25, which will cost you about 100 pounds.

But still I would invest in something more expensive, like the M-Audio Axiom 49 or a Novation in the same price range.
Lot more possibilities and you'll be able to use it much longer without thinking about buying a better MIDI controller.

Yeah £50 is not enough tbh... You might find something used without any knobs or other controllers (just the keys) but new, not a chance.

Better go test the nanokeys and some others first in a musicians shop if possible so you can see the difference. If you're still into it, sure why not.

What are the knobs for on the keyboards? I was thinking of just getting one without any knobs or anything, just so I can do the piano roll easier.

i got an oxygen 49 key for about 60 - its fine for me
as for the knobs - you can assign them to items in your DAW and then you can record your movements on them - instead of drawing in automations.

i got an oxygen 49 key for about 60 - its fine for me
as for the knobs - you can assign them to items in your DAW and then you can record your movements on them - instead of drawing in automations.

Okay, I understand. I haven't got to learning automation etc yet.

What are the knobs for on the keyboards? I was thinking of just getting one without any knobs or anything, just so I can do the piano roll easier.

you can assign stuff to the knobs mate. Like cut offs, releases etc etc. Its deffo worth spending a little more if possible. Upta you tho, but im not aware of many cheepy ones

I would wait and invest a little more. You'll have a lot more profit from that than buying the most cheap ass MIDI controller.

Back
Top Bottom