Midi Keyboard.. Essential?

i dnt really no much about production but with MIDI keyboards do you set using the software what noises come from the keyboard ?

i dnt really no much about production but with MIDI keyboards do you set using the software what noises come from the keyboard ?

A midi keyboard doesn't actually make any noise. It just sends signals to the PC depending on which key you press / knob you turn.
You would load up a soft synth or hardware if your using it and that will be the part that will create the sound.

A midi keyboard doesn't actually make any noise. It just sends signals to the PC depending on which key you press / knob you turn.
You would load up a soft synth or hardware if your using it and that will be the part that will create the sound.

thanks for the insight

so does that mean you set how these signals will sound in a noise format using the soft synth or hardware

yeah its a midi controller mate, it sends midi signals to the desired destination, such as a sampler or synth or effect in your computer, which tells it how to behave, such as a upping a filter or playing a c#5 or what have you

you know its time i really got a keyboard, when im tryin to lay down a melody it wud be much easier to just hit the keys as aposed to lay it down in piano roll, delete, new one in piano roll etc etc et fkin c....

links to good / cheapy keyboards please!!

^^^ Axiom series by M-Audio are well worth looking into, i got the 49 key version for my studio and have been very pleased with it, a lot of features for the price and very easy to set up being USB.

Back
Top Bottom