MIDI Keyboard - Disconnects after being inactive for a couple of minutes

Discussion in 'Production' started by Dannyboy93, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

EZ people,
    recently purchased a novation lanchkey 49 keyboard. Installed all the correct drivers and updated my Ableton live 9 intro to the latest version. It works fine apart from when I leave it alone (do not use it) for a few minutes and come back to it it doesn't work on Ableton. The lights are still on on the keyboard and it does change ocatve and pitch on the screen on the keyboard but no sound is coming out through Ableton, anyone know how to fix this issue?

(also ask if this needs any more explaining as I'm finding it hard to put the problem into words haha)

Thanks for any advice in advance!

2. mr meh

mr meh Well-Known Member

Try turning those Incontrol buttons on the keyboard on and off, and also that red track arm button on the mixer channel. That usually sorts things out when my Launchkey starts acting weird.

Dannyboy93 likes this.
  3. alz

alz compress to impress

never stop playing

Dannyboy93 likes this.
  4. khujo1023

khujo1023 Member

Are you running a MAC or PC?
    What version of either are you running

If Windows: Right click on My Computer -> Left Click Manage -> Click Device Manager -> Tell me if you have any question marks listed and list the description or screenshot.

While you have the device manager up, wait X amount of time before the device stops responding, hit f5 to refresh the device manager and see if there is a question mark listed under USB devices (this will tell us if its dropping the driver).

Also, do you have any other USB devices hooked up? If so, disconnect them (other than keyboard and mouse), restart the computer, wait X amount of time and see if the problem happens again. If it does not, hook the other devices up one by one to see which one of them starts having problems.

Let me know what happens and I will help out further if I can.

Dannyboy93 likes this.
  5. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

Thanks for the help man will try this out over the weekend, this is the only USB device hooked up to my laptop. it's a p/c instead of a mac (dell XPS15)

6. khujo1023

khujo1023 Member

Dannyboy93 likes this.
  7. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

cheers mate that made an interesting read, maybe this is the problem, will have a look at this

8. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

looked at this over the weekend and seems to work now after playing around with a few of the USB settings, haven't had any more issues yet so hopefully this should have sorted the problem. Thanks for the help guys

9. khujo1023

khujo1023 Member

Glad to Hear It!