Midi Controllers

Depends how many keys you want if ur thinkin keyboard...£40 upwards...liking Edirol...but if its just knobs u want to twiddle and sliders u want to flick then not so sure tehre a re few in teh 80 quid mark I think...what would be really interesting is teh midi controlers fro guitars and basses ...would love to see what sorta basslines u could do with one of them.

photonx25_440.jpg

Alesis Photon X-25

USB Midi controller with 1/4" Audio IN/OUT (I use this as my sound card).

Very nice "endless" weighted knobs. No sliders.

AXYZ black dome is an infrared sensor that lets you control any 3 parameters(knobs on your synth) using hand movements. Crazy shit for a live performance.

The keys are abit too plastic.. no real weight behind them.

Good for the price though.

Indi said:
M-Audio Oxygen 8 (y)

Yeah man i got a M-Audio Radium 49 and it has lasted for two years now with no probs and no hiccups.
TBH it is another one of those things about, "they are all the same it depends what you are used to"
they all do the same thing its just the build quality and materials that change with the price

get a keyboard with weighted keys
if you can spare the money
feels like playing a real instrument rather than a
hunk of plastic

I had very bad experiences with the Alesis Photon. The 1st one didn't work at all and the second one had one knob that didn't work and one key that made a very loud clikcing noise. I traded it in for an Edirol PCR-M50, which is superb!! Way better keys and a lot of nice features. The one thing I liked about the Photon was that it had knobs you could turn infinitely.

Back
Top Bottom