MIDI controllers and what not...

ApeCat

Human Dubplate
VIP Junglist
I guess this goes in production, init?
Does anybody have any experience using different kinds of midi controllers - besides keyboards?
I've kind of adopted this really sweet JL Cooper CS-32 Minidesk from my mum [she's been using it for video editing stuff or VJ'ing or god knows] and even though my 'puter says it's found the device and sorted out all the drivers and things, it sort of... hasn't.
Google just shows up product reviews ooh'ing and ahh'ing over the the tiny little controls of this discontinued maverick, but I can't find the freaking drivers and it's driving me freaking nuts!
Help a brother out?

---------- Post added at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

The JL Cooper website finally loaded, but it seems they've discontinued the drivers as well as the actual product...

my only useful advice would be to contact JL Cooper and ask if they can send you a driver or suggest
a way of getting it working.

can you not use over-ride mapping? is your DAW recognising input when you move the knobs?

Over-ride mapping?
FL doesn't seem to recognize squat when I twist knobs and adjust levels. There are no numbers that go up or down anywhere, no matter what I do.
I've probably just got some kind of super-noob problem that everyone else thinks is bloody obvious.

Sorted this out; got the drivers off some German website, but those were from 2003..
Might want that update, cheers!

And yeah, I know you've got to map every little knob [and this mother has a shitload of knobs, gears and levers!], just never knew it was called override mapping...

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:55 ----------

Don't know what good that download there was supposed to do.. Looks like you just link stuff to a digital representation of the controller interface, or something, instead of tweaking the knobs on the physical controller. Or something. And it refuses to realize the controller is connected when FL does just fine.

Anyhow; all the knobs and buttons are good fun to mess around with! Each of the 32 channels has one slider and three buttons, each with three buttons with a different coloured light to show activity. This is incredibly awesome since noneffective buttons can be turned on to show groups of channels. FL Studio recognizes Play, FF, RW and stop, but not REC. Two of the six fat twisters don't seem to be working, but I think that's just from going on the road for a few years. It's an incredibly sturdy thing though, nice and heavy, everything feels solid.
I'll try opening it up to see if I can do anything about those twisters...

Back
Top Bottom