Mid frequency Bass improvement

Apostata

Hi guys,

I recently started fiddling around with old reese samples I made.

I split the bass parts into three channels (1 sub, 2 mid-high) and then one channel out. I put some nice effects on them and the bass choplets sound pretty nice, however, the bass is lacking mid-low frequencies and I have been trying to get some more spice into this frequency range.

Therefore I am asking if anyone has any suggestions on how to boost those frequencies without adding any synths, since these are chopped up old basses?

So you mean they are samples, and not coming out of a synth?

Not much you can do than add a good fx chain. Distortion, saturation, that stuff will probably help

Yea, I have been doing that, got some better results. The problem is that those samples have really nice high frequencies but around 300Hz there are some very nasty ones, that are hard to distort, because it's too much noise then.

Have you tried adding another low mid channel with really exaggerated eq and distortion of the frequencies you're lacking, and then mixing it in with your current low mid channel?
I find parallel processing usually adds some spice.

Have you tried adding another low mid channel with really exaggerated eq and distortion of the frequencies you're lacking, and then mixing it in with your current low mid channel?
I find parallel processing usually adds some spice.

I have split them into several channels, however, as stated above, where the frequencies need boosting, there are some very nasty tones when distorting and boosting, have benn trying to EQ them out, but it's lot of work.

Back
Top Bottom