Mid bass // sub bass question

dj-dusty

VIP Junglist
I have a nice mid bass sorta taxman sound that by itself sounds quite nice.

But when i layer some sub bass underneath it creates a phase, you cant really hear a phase, its more of a volume problem coz when i layer them the taxman mid bass goes up and down in volume and sounds like it maybe a phasing problem.

Anyone know what i can do to sort this out?

make sure your sub and mid frequencies dont overlap, or you could go the easy route and compress both together with no thresh or ratio just gain, so the low and top sit closer in dB measure. up to you but it sounds like its coming from the movement in frequency from the mid bass, you could low filter the sub bass so that when ever the mid bass hits within its frequencies the low gets filtered down. just dont use any Q

hope this helps (y)

i'd do each individually mate myself, that way you can have louder outputs throughout the frequency range both low and high.

ok cool cheers for the advice i thought it would be an eq job but i tryed eqing them to make space in the frequency spectrum so they could sit nicley but when i cut/boost the mid bass i loose some of the sound i ilike in the sample but i will try compression

try a really gentle roll off, not a full cut.

Or alternatively make a harsh cut and boost where needed.

HP yer sub @ 100 Hz.

HTH.

Back
Top Bottom