Microphone background hiss.

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
So my 15 year old nephew informed me he would like to make a creepy pasta vid and ask me if I would help. Delighted, I said yes and we began working immediately. He has this microphone called Blue. It has pretty good quality but I could not figure out how to get rid of the background hiss. I compensated for the hiss by using white noise throughout the track layered into the back ground music and it sounds alright but I would like to avoid the hiss altogether any thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing you don't have an audio interface? Cos I used to get some white noise when using Ableton with headphones plugged straight into my laptop, soon as I got an interface the hiss was gone :2thumbs:

Reafir will do it- it's a reaper stock plug, but can be downloaded for free anyway.

Set it to 'subtract', tick the 'automatically build noise profile', loop a section containing just noise, then untick the box and play back your audio.

In theory, this is better than a gate because it also removes noise when sounds are playing, not just in quiet sections.

Back
Top Bottom