mickey finn

SPo0n

Lurker alert!
been listening to some of his old sets, although bad audio quality on alot of them, he kicks ass! every tune he plays is heavy, and rocks my bedroom :D

does he still play or has he buggered off now? also does anyone have any of his sets with a decent quality?

Saw him a few weeks back
His mixing's a bit shit sometimes but his selection is usually pretty good.

well me not being a dj my ears aren't really tuned to hear mixing mishaps. i can tell if they fuck up badly but usually i don't hear anything that sounds very wrong!

Mickey Finn was the heavy in the 96 but he's quietened down a bit now. Can anyone remember the last tune he made? It must have been time ago!!

Its probably due to him running Urban Takeover, promoting Innovation and DJing that he hasn't made much recently.

Micky's last tune was probably "When The Morning Comes" with L Double that came out on Urban Takeover (Urbtake029) last year.
And yeah, he is well busy running Urban Takeover and Innovation and of course DJing.

I used to see Micky play, among other places, AWOL @ Paradise back in 93-95 and he was classed as the absolute Jungle don. He was famous for his wicked personalised VIP plates of big tunes and some wicked ragga bits, he always caused a storm wherever he played. No shit, back in those days Micky constantly won 'Best DJ Of The Year' awards and was classed the same as Andy C is today....He played at every big rave back in 'the days' and was one of the first DJ's to push the early jungle-techno sound.
He was also responsible for some of the biggest tunes the rave / jungle scene has ever had -
'She's Breakin Up', 'Ruff Justice', 'Arsonist', 'Bad Ass' and many more...

Micky - Respect Is Due

Was that a remix of When The Morning Comes he did with L Double or the original?

I'm pretty sure he made the original age's ago!!

Gwan Mickey return with some sick dark ragga tinged reeceified shit for us all!!!!!!!!

MC Motion said:
Was that a remix of When The Morning Comes he did with L Double or the original?

I'm pretty sure he made the original age's ago!!

Gwan Mickey return with some sick dark ragga tinged reeceified shit for us all!!!!!!!!

Nah the original of "When The Morning Comes" was actually a remix of an old skool classic from '89 called "Baby Let Me Love You Tonight" by Kariya - it's one of those wicked old skool classics which everyone knows as soon as they here the opening riff...
I'm not exactly sure if it was an official remix or not but it came out on Urban Takeover last year and was followed up swiftly with a Peshay Remix....

Back
Top Bottom