Mic problem?

Blasék

Hey,

I bought a new m-audio fast track pro(preamps inc.) and Shure's SM58S microphone-bundle. Problem is that microphone won't work.. no even signal. My set up is: Audio interface -> Windows 7 -> Shure's dynamic mic with XLR (connected to audio interface Mic/Inst: 1.)

Mic users, anyone, what is wrong? :shake:

Last edited:
This is gonna sound stupid, but it happens ALL the time with that microphone. The "S" stands for switch(or maybe stage, but it's easier to remember to toggle if you think s for switch). Have you double checked that the mic is switched on? Seriously, I've seen veterans with decades of experience forget about the switch on the '58S.

Also, double check that your interface is configured for microphone level input on the jack you are using.

No phantom power (+48V). Won't hurt, but not necessary.

Also some interfaces like mine come with software in which you need to virtually route things to an input after plugging in the mic.

All tried.. it won't work.. Today I have to go to local audiomarket, hopefully they can test my cables and microphone. Cheers guys for helping me! :)

Also some interfaces like mine come with software in which you need to virtually route things to an input after plugging in the mic.

blablabla... edited. Thanks artfx!

Cables and microphone was okay! :)

e. Now it gets the signal!
e.2 This is awesome! :D

Last edited:
I had a quick look on the M-Audio site, there are new drivers for Windows 7 and Windows 7 service pack 1, so I highly recommend installing those!

Win 7 SP1 32-Bit: http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.drivers&f=1127
Win 7 SP1 64-Bit: http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.drivers&f=1127

Also I searched for a software by M-Audio that does the routing, but it seems to me that the Fast Track Pro can be configured straight out of your DAW by setting up the inputs and outputs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Thanks artfx, I downloaded those drivers a few days ago. But problem was on virtually routing! flstudio users, you are able to route your inserts from FL studio's mixer's input selection!

Problem solved, microphone works & recording, Thanks guys for helping me! I was a quite dummy.. :)

Also I searched for a software by M-Audio that does the routing, but it seems to me that the Fast Track Pro can be configured straight out of your DAW by setting up the inputs and outputs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

No, you're not! :) I did it and now it works! thx!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom