MF - LP Vinyl Giveaway

Manu Forti

Detached Audio
VIP Junglist
Alright there dnb heads... I would like to send 5 people a vinyl copy of my halftempo/breakbeat LP and all id ask in return is that you give it a critical medium length review? Sounds fair huh, but bear in mind this really isnt dnb (although i would consider it having many dnb influences) and is not intended to be played out in clubs or anything. It is more intended for people who are multi genre orientated and basically just prefer vinyl.

This will be exclusive to the dnb forum i see no point in giving away free copies anywhere else. People here are critical and i would like honest review from people who know the score... I have loads more projects in the pipeline and before i go ahead and get them pressed id like some feedback on this debut.

So the LP is out on https://99percent.bandcamp.com/

The label owner Lewis Insight Rhymes helped with a lot of the ideas on the tracks and did all mastering so this wasn't entirely my own project. Lewis will be joining the community soon aswell so feel free to check that label out loads of hiphop on there.

Anyway i would suggest you show your intrest here if you like, will be a first come first serve basis and proceed to inbox me a care of address. Art work below and link below that so you can check the songs out see if you would like to help out and of course have a limited edition vinyl for pretty much free.

n6swg1.jpg
4t8ztl.jpg

https://99percent.bandcamp.com/album/mf-lp

You want a review on the actual album right, not on the pressings or something like that? Just what you'd expect to read in a regular album review in a magazine?

Hell, I'll take one Manu.
Haven't listened to the tracks yet, but i'll give you an honest and detailed review.

Any terms on where this review should be published? Or do you just want it to publish on your own website/bandcamp/whatever?

I think a medium length review here would be suffice plus if possible... and you have bandcamp fan account a short few words there would be great. Ill send a digital key if needed. but mainly a review here mate.

Hell, I'll take one Manu.
Haven't listened to the tracks yet, but i'll give you an honest and detailed review.

Nice on Teddy just inbox me your address and ill send it off next Monday :D

I know eh free vinyl, free postage to anywhere on the planet and only 2 bites... Appreciated though guys nice one hope you enjoy that lovely subtle crackle and the chilled vibes of the LP.

I'd be interested but i doubt i could be of that much help, since i dont really listen to other electronic genres that much apart from the few tracks that are often on med school albums or on samurai recorings, big ups for the offer!

I'd be interested but i doubt i could be of that much help, since i dont really listen to other electronic genres that much apart from the few tracks that are often on med school albums or on samurai recorings, big ups for the offer!

No problem thanks for checking. I knew this would be an issue since this isnt really the best place for my music but hopefully i get another 3 people who like different genres.

heres a quick link to some of the songs for anyone who hasnt checked whats actually going on here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Really enjoyed this album man.
Firstly I have to comment on how professional the vinyl was. Quality product all round and I liked the artwork too.
The sound quality on playback was on point also.

The tunes were wicked. They had a nice finish too them making them sound as good and as gritty as possible.
Some cheeky samples that wouldn't sound out of place on a doom or dilla track. Like the intro and the sample in "Equal" that was twisted and manipulated into its own funky meldoy.
Some nice vocal on "Still you" and the rap in "sick flow" which complimented the dark/moody industrial vibe.
Some old school rave sounds used in "I need a E" were great, as was the opening pads in "Orange"
MF was a highlight for me, slowly building up into its final form. Was unsure what A.F.L.E was tho?
Personal favorites were Still you, original blue and after dark. Still you is just vibes, laid back and rolling. Original blue kept me in suspense, all the time sounding like those drum breaks and glitches were gonna go off on one. and after dark... well this sounded like some sort of movie business. A seriously dark and creepy vibe.

Whole album flowed nicely. The track placement was a good choice. Definitely one to listen from start to finish.

Big up for sending it to me man. I'll be sure to check out your future tracks and recommend this to my friends who I think would enjoy it.

Great Stuff!!! Im really glad you liked this.

Yeah the guys at Breed Media done a good job on the pressings and Matty Lech gets credit for the quality Artwork. Also the mastering was done by a mate who has letters after his name in the music industry so all credit for getting the sound right goes to Lewis for that.

The tunes however were all my original ideas, In particular Still You which was a song i created over 4 years ago but lost the original file so we added a small variation and Lewis contacted D Lamar too see if there was any ideas he might have to sing over it, and this was the end result from a song that would never otherwise be heard so really glad you liked that one its my personal fave aswell.

Oh and regarding A.L.F.I its actually an added extra for the LP version M.F.L.P which would onbly become apparant if youd seen the video lol my bad :D

[video=youtube_share;FsjVSIxn0Ik]http://youtu.be/FsjVSIxn0Ik?list=PLCDZZFY22eETDHxf6FFEY4JhfWTZzZxp M[/video]

Theres also a cheeky dnb version i threw together free on bandcamp

http://99percent.bandcamp.com/track/mf-dnb-rewreck-v23-edit

We also put up all the original ideas (unmastered) on bandcamp for free aswell feel free to check that out.

http://99percent.bandcamp.com/album/manu-forti-the-originals

Anyway thanks for your intrest Teddy two more reviews to come in i hope they enjoyed the LP as much as you did.

OK, here we go then :)

I turned off the lights in the room, put on my headphones and laid down on the couch and listened to the LP in full without any other interruptions than getting up to change sides. While writing I've been skipping through again to make sure the comments are for the right tracks.

For the A side, it starts of nicely. Intro is fine, nothing mindblowing but sets up the LP well enough. Still You is a nice tune, and the vocals work well. I did however not like the distorted bass that's popping in from time to time, it just feels like an out of place element.
The suite of the next three tracks is the definitive highlight of the LP for me. A slow building tension through Original Blue and the first part of MF gets its release when the robot voice and synth kicks in. Then After Dark is the perfect aftermath. As a whole, those three tracks gave the immersive feeling I was hoping for and was just a brilliant listening experience.
To be honest, I'd wish the side ended there, a few seconds of vinyl "silence" would have been perfect and let the feeling after After Dark just linger a bit.
The interlude I don't like particularly much, it really feels out of place for me after those tracks.

Side B starts off good. I Need An E almost put me back into the state from side A, and Orange worked really well for me coming after it. Sounds changed the mood quite drastically, with a much harder sound to the midrange and a different vibe. It made me wonder what was coming next.
Equal then is the second track I don't like, it just doesn't work for me.
Mind Array and UATM is a good finish for the LP, I especially like that UATM experiments a bit more with space than the other tracks do.

Overall on the production I don't think there's anything "wrong" with it, but at times I felt it was a bit too hard in the mid range and/or lacking a bit of warm lower mids. This goes especially for the drums, but I think some thicker pads here and there would given it a fuller sound overall. I also think that it's a bit centre focused when it comes to space in the mix, with some very wide stuff now and then. I think that a more even spread across the stereo field would have added to the immersive feel. This is obviously nit-picking and very subjective, but reviews are subjective :)

In conclusion, I think it's a solid LP. The A side stands out for me, and I will have more dark room on the couch listens to that one for sure.
Thanks for the copy, and for making me actually just lay down and listen to an album in full without doing anything else than listening. It's been too long since the last time I did that.

Alright there dnb heads... I would like to send 5 people a vinyl copy of my halftempo/breakbeat LP and all id ask in return is that you give it a critical medium length review? Sounds fair huh, but bear in mind this really isnt dnb (although i would consider it having many dnb influences) and is not intended to be played out in clubs or anything. It is more intended for people who are multi genre orientated and basically just prefer vinyl.

This will be exclusive to the dnb forum i see no point in giving away free copies anywhere else. People here are critical and i would like honest review from people who know the score... I have loads more projects in the pipeline and before i go ahead and get them pressed id like some feedback on this debut.

So the LP is out on https://99percent.bandcamp.com/

The label owner Lewis Insight Rhymes helped with a lot of the ideas on the tracks and did all mastering so this wasn't entirely my own project. Lewis will be joining the community soon aswell so feel free to check that label out loads of hiphop on there.

Anyway i would suggest you show your intrest here if you like, will be a first come first serve basis and proceed to inbox me a care of address. Art work below and link below that so you can check the songs out see if you would like to help out and of course have a limited edition vinyl for pretty much free.

n6swg1.jpg
4t8ztl.jpg

https://99percent.bandcamp.com/album/mf-lp

If you still want someone to review, although I have never done anything before I would like to have a go and could possibly structure comments in a format that others already have?

OK, here we go then :)

I turned off the lights in the room, put on my headphones and laid down on the couch and listened to the LP in full without any other interruptions than getting up to change sides. While writing I've been skipping through again to make sure the comments are for the right tracks.

For the A side, it starts of nicely. Intro is fine, nothing mindblowing but sets up the LP well enough. Still You is a nice tune, and the vocals work well. I did however not like the distorted bass that's popping in from time to time, it just feels like an out of place element.
The suite of the next three tracks is the definitive highlight of the LP for me. A slow building tension through Original Blue and the first part of MF gets its release when the robot voice and synth kicks in. Then After Dark is the perfect aftermath. As a whole, those three tracks gave the immersive feeling I was hoping for and was just a brilliant listening experience.
To be honest, I'd wish the side ended there, a few seconds of vinyl "silence" would have been perfect and let the feeling after After Dark just linger a bit.
The interlude I don't like particularly much, it really feels out of place for me after those tracks.

Side B starts off good. I Need An E almost put me back into the state from side A, and Orange worked really well for me coming after it. Sounds changed the mood quite drastically, with a much harder sound to the midrange and a different vibe. It made me wonder what was coming next.
Equal then is the second track I don't like, it just doesn't work for me.
Mind Array and UATM is a good finish for the LP, I especially like that UATM experiments a bit more with space than the other tracks do.

Overall on the production I don't think there's anything "wrong" with it, but at times I felt it was a bit too hard in the mid range and/or lacking a bit of warm lower mids. This goes especially for the drums, but I think some thicker pads here and there would given it a fuller sound overall. I also think that it's a bit centre focused when it comes to space in the mix, with some very wide stuff now and then. I think that a more even spread across the stereo field would have added to the immersive feel. This is obviously nit-picking and very subjective, but reviews are subjective :)

In conclusion, I think it's a solid LP. The A side stands out for me, and I will have more dark room on the couch listens to that one for sure.
Thanks for the copy, and for making me actually just lay down and listen to an album in full without doing anything else than listening. It's been too long since the last time I did that.

Cheers mate great review...

Everything said constructive and subjective just what im looking for... Still you was my first ever song just with a little master and a vocal added so yeah i know it has its problems with the disto being so prominent but ive gotten used to it and still think i like that tune.

All the intro and interlude stuff wasnt really something i wanted in the LP but we banged it in there anyway as Lewis wanted some hiphop stuff in it as his label is primarily hiphop so i foreseen that as a problem but its still fine no biggie for me however next time ill do it a little different and keep everything in its right place.

Your absolutly right about equally that was intended as an outro (me and lewis got mixed up at the art work stage and couldnt get the artwork changed i intended that to be the outro and this...

https://99percent.bandcamp.com/track/outro-originally-interlude-01

to be the song in place of equal. As said mistakes were made but next time we gonna check and double check were both on same page. Well noticed though!

Ill take into account comments about width i have some new plugins that i can play with width now so thats also helpfull feedback.

Thanks for taking the time and really glad you enjoyed it. And yes its very much a sit and listen in dark room LP nothing to ever be played out i think most of my music will be like this really because thats all i do lol :D

- - - Updated - - -

If you still want someone to review, although I have never done anything before I would like to have a go and could possibly structure comments in a format that others already have?

Why not westfield but since your a little late you gotta promise to spam the shit outta the album on every social network or whatever you can lol... PM me your address bud ill send one down im no in this for the money i mean what money anyway lmao

Cheers mate great review...

Everything said constructive and subjective just what im looking for... Still you was my first ever song just with a little master and a vocal added so yeah i know it has its problems with the disto being so prominent but ive gotten used to it and still think i like that tune.

All the intro and interlude stuff wasnt really something i wanted in the LP but we banged it in there anyway as Lewis wanted some hiphop stuff in it as his label is primarily hiphop so i foreseen that as a problem but its still fine no biggie for me however next time ill do it a little different and keep everything in its right place.

Your absolutly right about equally that was intended as an outro (me and lewis got mixed up at the art work stage and couldnt get the artwork changed i intended that to be the outro and this...

https://99percent.bandcamp.com/track/outro-originally-interlude-01

to be the song in place of equal. As said mistakes were made but next time we gonna check and double check were both on same page. Well noticed though!

Ill take into account comments about width i have some new plugins that i can play with width now so thats also helpfull feedback.

Thanks for taking the time and really glad you enjoyed it. And yes its very much a sit and listen in dark room LP nothing to ever be played out i think most of my music will be like this really because thats all i do lol :D

- - - Updated - - -

Why not westfield but since your a little late you gotta promise to spam the shit outta the album on every social network or whatever you can lol... PM me your address bud ill send one down im no in this for the money i mean what money anyway lmao

I will give it a try! PM on the way

Back
Top Bottom