MF Doom - A Taste of Sonar

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by jmzmaloney, Feb 20, 2010.

1. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

So I bought a ticket for this a couple of weeks ago for £28 and last week in Chicago Doom has started doing his normal shit. A lot of people are claiming it werent him,arrived 5 hours late, performed 5 tunes lip syncing for 20 minutes, heres the promoters review of the night http://idolthreat.blogspot.com/2010/02/mos-definitely-notdoom.html. Theres talk that there could be a riot at the next night in New York if he doesnt turn up.

I know Fortune and Brofski were planning on going to this. I put my ticket on ebay and got £86, something to think about.

2. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

mf doom is a sellout (n)

3. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

4. ali^

ali^ Bigtingsagwarn

thats bad man

5. ali^

ali^ Bigtingsagwarn

6. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

7. SMDtheMC

SMDtheMC Member

Yea some of my people went plus there's a ton of videos, it definitely wasn't him; I think it's funny actually, and it goes w/ his character, the comic book DOOM always sent replicas to do his dealings to ensure his safety
    but I do agree its kinda fucked up that he doesn't show up, I guess I don't care cuz everytime I've seen him its actually been him; and both times were in NYC; I'd think he's gonna show up to the Sonar gig cuz he was born in England and don't wanna fuck over his own people, just like how he usually shows up at his NYC shows
    On a side note, at the Chicago show and I guess alot of his recent shows Mos Def has been putting on a mask and doing some of DOOM's song, I think that's kinda dickriderish if ya ask me; not a good look for Mos

8. SMDtheMC

SMDtheMC Member

[video]http://stonesthrow.com/news/2010/02/mos-def-doom-chicago[/video]

Latest statement from the Chicago promoters
    "At the current time, React, Cold Grums, Silver Wrapper and the Congress Theater DO NOT have any proof that the person who performed was not Daniel Dumile, a.k.a. Doom. The show was legally contracted and paid for in full. The show was officially listed on Doom's website. React, Cold Grums and Silver Wrapper are all independent promoters who pour their lives into our shows.

Circumstances beyond the promoter's and venue's control prevented the artists from arriving on time, and the promoters elected to keep the venue open late so that the show could go on. React, Cold Grums, Silver Wrapper and the Congress Theater are conducting an investigation with the Talent Agency, Management and Legal representatives for Doom. Because the show was legally contracted and paid for in full, any breach of contract could result in serious legal action. Doom's representatives are also preparing a statement.

Regardless of any of opinions, compelling proof of the matter is needed to take legal action on it. Until the investigation reaches conclusion, and proof is in hand, the promoters will not issue any refunds. At the current time, it is a rumor. This issue is being treated with the utmost respect and consideration.

React, Cold Grums, Silver Wrapper and the Congress Theater will release a statement clarifying the results in the near future.”

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015