Metrik Signs exclusively to Hospital

Surprising to say the least.
Stopped liking his stuff a while back though if I'm honest.

Basically means I'm losing any interest in Metrik whatsoever. I hope he'll prove me wrong, but I don't expect it to happen.

???

They signed one guy that makes deeper/darker stuff (SPY) and now one that makes tearout dancefloor stuff. Makes perfectly sense. Never liked his stuff so can't say that I care much but I'm pretty sure Metrik will stay Metrik and Hospital is just spreading their wings to cover all fronts... Money rules the world!

Rather sad to hear this. As previously stated Viper would have been the best label for him. I'm a big fan of his previous output and hope he doesn't change his style to suit the "Hospital sound".

That being said, everyone was worried about the same thing when SPY signed to Hospital, but his album was absolutely sick! So maybe they will let him continue to work in his own style. (yn)

???

They signed one guy that makes deeper/darker stuff (SPY) and now one that makes tearout dancefloor stuff. Makes perfectly sense. Never liked his stuff so can't say that I care much but I'm pretty sure Metrik will stay Metrik and Hospital is just spreading their wings to cover all fronts... Money rules the world!

S.P.Y is a totally different story, I would use C&K as a perfect example: I liked their stuff alot, they also make tearout dancefloor stuff. Their EP on Viper was superb imo, loved their debut album, their BBK single was very good, too. Now since they've signed to Hospital they've been putting out nothing but rubbish. The only tune of theirs I liked since their signing is their forthcoming instrumental remix for Paul Van Dyk's single. Their sound became totally stale and unprogressive, all about roaring synth basslines, varied by pattern/key in each next tune they make. And that's what I expect to happen with Metrik, he was made for Viper imo. Definitely he's looking out for himself tho, money indeed rules the world.

Heard it all over and over - Hospital suck, all they care about is money but SPY is still cool and C&K are the perfect example of wasted talent. Gotta say I disagree, but that's dnbforum for ya :D Hospital is probably the best place to be signed at in Drum & Bass.
Good luck to Metrik, I hope he puts out more great music.

Last edited:
Heard it all over and over - Hospital suck, all they care about is money but SPY is still cool and C&K are the perfect example of wasted talent. Gotta say I disagree, but that's dnbforum for ya :D Hospital is probably the best place to be signed at in Drum & Bass.
Good luck to Metrik, I hope he puts out more great music.

tumblr_mbfshfloal1rpdotto1_1280.jpg

I don't think that Hospital sucks...well I do, but not always :D S.P.Y's album is fabulous imo, damn I even liked the Netsky's one to be fair and really looking forward to Sick Music 3, some awesome music on it for sure. But appart from that it's pure dissapointment for me. New High Contrast? Wack. New Logistics? A little less wack. Danny Byrd's single? No, thanks. C&K remix LP was ok imo. That's pretty sad for this year's release catalogue of the biggest DNB label. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a fan of wide variety of music and I do appreciate good dancefloor DNB, but Hospital provides nearly none imo. RAM & Viper are the labels to go to in this matter atm.

i may be wrong but im pretty sure im not. viper are no longer releasing vinyl. perhaps metrik opted for hospital so he could still get tunes on wax? metriks old stuff was unreal, anthem 09, time to change, his remix of diagnosos murder is rediculous. ill be interested to see what he makes as part of hospital. people that are saying hospital records are cunts and destroyers need to have a think imo. the artists that sign to hospital have a voice of their own. they decided to sign to hospital and the buck stops with them on that decision. the type of music may be influenced by hospital but the artist knows whats expected before signing. could go either way!

S.P.Y is a totally different story, I would use C&K as a perfect example: I liked their stuff alot, they also make tearout dancefloor stuff. Their EP on Viper was superb imo, loved their debut album, their BBK single was very good, too. Now since they've signed to Hospital they've been putting out nothing but rubbish. The only tune of theirs I liked since their signing is their forthcoming instrumental remix for Paul Van Dyk's single. Their sound became totally stale and unprogressive, all about roaring synth basslines, varied by pattern/key in each next tune they make. And that's what I expect to happen with Metrik, he was made for Viper imo. Definitely he's looking out for himself tho, money indeed rules the world.

That might just be their progression into something you just don't like anymore or you just don't like it anymore because it's released on Hospital? I don't think Hospital ever pushed any artist to go in a certain direction. Obviously there's something like quality control but other then that I don't think Hospital can change anyones sound on purpose.

Any label simply can't offer what Hospital can. They have an image, are widespread have the bigger fanbase. He can up his fee for gigs just because he's signed with Hospital now. He plays regular Hospitality in front of tousands all across Europe. They're in another league from whatever point you're looking at it. In a bussiness way they're doing exactly the right thing now. But it's a shame. Every exclusive signing will mean less output sooner or later.

Back
Top Bottom