Metrik Signs exclusively to Hospital

That might just be their progression into something you just don't like anymore or you just don't like it anymore because it's released on Hospital? I don't think Hospital ever pushed any artist to go in a certain direction. Obviously there's something like quality control but other then that I don't think Hospital can change anyones sound on purpose.

Any label simply can't offer what Hospital can. They have an image, are widespread have the bigger fanbase. He can up his fee for gigs just because he's signed with Hospital now. He plays regular Hospitality in front of tousands all across Europe. They're in another league from whatever point you're looking at it. In a bussiness way they're doing exactly the right thing now. But it's a shame. Every exclusive signing will mean less output sooner or later.

I'm not really sure about the first part, maybe Hospital has nothing to do with it, but then again this shit happened to other artist on their roster, so it's at least suspicious. That I don't like their "progression" is right, but it's not because it's released on Hospital, it's because I think it sucks. I agree about the second part completely.

Sub zero and Strays remixes of danny byrds single doe...

Tru dat.

The days. Med school sometimes put out good tunes- feels like complete artist direction on there as well

And finally qft. Med School is perfect imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Times a changing guys.

If anyone of us produced good music, was on a small label and was given the opportunity to do something you love all over the world for a bigger label you wouldn't say no. end of. Its Metrik's chance and he will probably do well for himself. The audience that goes to Hospitality nights will probably love his sound.

I've had enough of hearing about how shit Hospitals releases have been.
Yes it is fucking crap they dropped off.
Yes it is fucking crap that Cyantific went and did his own thing. (god if there ever was a good reason to go Hospitality back in the day it was to see him spinning on 3 decks)
Yes it is fucking crap Logistics (who if anyone knows me, knows I have most of his releases) & co haven't released anything like the older stuff which everyone remembers Hospital for...

But fuck me guys, there is a shitload of good music/labels/new talent to be able to pick and choose what you like and move on without having to go anywhere near some of the stuff they release.

rant over. i'm having a tumultous thursday.

Yes it is fucking crap Logistics (who if anyone knows me, knows I have most of his releases) & co haven't released anything like the older stuff which everyone remembers Hospital for...

I agree people should stop hating, but have you not heard 'Nu:Logic - St. Pauls' ??? fucking big

Good for him, I love his sound and have always been a massive fan, his remix of Eric Prydz - Niton is a massive tune too. He's got some really big tunes in the pipeline judging by his mixes and is a badman behind the decks, Fair play.

I agree people should stop hating, but have you not heard 'Nu:Logic - St. Pauls' ??? fucking big
you wouldn't say this for any other label doe :rolleyes:

/

and that tune is avg at most. i still rate logistics the most out of the whole hospital roster anyway, "fear not" was decent.

sad thing. i like the fact that some producers still do it for theirselves and start their own label like cyantific , dom&roland, etc. releasing on hospital isn't really special anymore, cause there are so many producers on there and they release one tune after the other with numerous stupid remixes. oh well, i guess i would to the same if i could earn more with it....

Hospital still are good, just not to my taste, if I hear something from them I like (ie Afterlife Bcee remix, or anubis, Drawing straws ect..) ill dip in and get it.
They can do whatever they want, but with current form i will take most of my business elsewhere.
Having saying that, mate recently went to a rave of theirs, said there was silly amounts of chicks there, so, may have to go shark a few some day.
Metik, imo will still release the goods, prob has an album he wants to unleash too, which hospital are at the pioneers for

This is great news in my opinion. I love Metrik and I don't get the Hospital hate. I much preferred Camo & Krooked's second LP to their first anyway. Looks like it's just me.

To be honest I see the tendency that Hospital wants to have too many releases a year, with about half of them being nothing special, but I think the other half still kicks ass. And that they signed Fred V & Grafix is fucking huge. As someone said on youtube, now that netsky's "gone", they are the forefront of liquid on hospital.

But back to Metrik, I've always loved his stuff and I hope this won't change. Sonically he fits more into the Viper roster than Hospital, but Hospital is starting to lose it's character and become more like a major label (this is not a good or bad thing, that's just the way it is). I'm 100% sure they don't tell their artists what to do as if they did, the label would have a more recognisable sound. This signing is a win-win(-win) situation IMO. Metrik becomes more famous, Hospital sells a lot of records, we can hear some mental music.

peace out

To be honest I see the tendency that Hospital wants to have too many releases a year, with about half of them being nothing special, but I think the other half still kicks ass. And that they signed Fred V & Grafix is fucking huge. As someone said on youtube, now that netsky's "gone", they are the forefront of liquid on hospital.

But back to Metrik, I've always loved his stuff and I hope this won't change. Sonically he fits more into the Viper roster than Hospital, but Hospital is starting to lose it's character and become more like a major label (this is not a good or bad thing, that's just the way it is). I'm 100% sure they don't tell their artists what to do as if they did, the label would have a more recognisable sound. This signing is a win-win(-win) situation IMO. Metrik becomes more famous, Hospital sells a lot of records, we can hear some mental music.

peace out

please don't mistake cheese for liquid, thank you

please don't mistake cheese for liquid, thank you

liquid-2.png

Found this thread when looking for Metrik stuff.... at the end of the day the artist is the artist if Metrik wants to be himself he will be himself at hospital if they want to mould him into there own artist then it's his decision as an artist you can't blame a label the artist is there own personality, he can reach a much larger audience being at hospital. They know he has potential to be there next big thing.

I thought Netskys first album was amazing and the second one hugely disappointing in comparison but is that him or hospitals fault we will never know really? Hospital attracts a large commercial crowd of single minded "hospital" people imo, half of the hospital fans don't even know about other dnb labels and just take anything hospital spoon feed them, I'm telling you 50% of people at a hospitality night have never heard of "RAM" which I think is why there is a lot of hatred for the label because of the crowd it attracts. But don't let that fool you, it's still a sick label, I'm feeling some of the new tracks off the nu:logic album and really excited for the release date, the amount of quality material logistics has released over the last 6 years is ridiculous I can't fault him. Saying that I did start having feelings of hospital becoming a commercial liquid label with lack of identity a few months ago, until I saw a S.P.Y set at a hospital night and it absolutely restored my faith in the label.

Yes everything they put out is not great but there artists are still putting out some amazing stuff at the end of the day.

Found this thread when looking for Metrik stuff.... at the end of the day the artist is the artist if Metrik wants to be himself he will be himself at hospital if they want to mould him into there own artist then it's his decision as an artist you can't blame a label the artist is there own personality, he can reach a much larger audience being at hospital. They know he has potential to be there next big thing.

I thought Netskys first album was amazing and the second one hugely disappointing in comparison but is that him or hospitals fault we will never know really? Hospital attracts a large commercial crowd of single minded "hospital" people imo, half of the hospital fans don't even know about other dnb labels and just take anything hospital spoon feed them, I'm telling you 50% of people at a hospitality night have never heard of "RAM" which I think is why there is a lot of hatred for the label because of the crowd it attracts. But don't let that fool you, it's still a sick label, I'm feeling some of the new tracks off the nu:logic album and really excited for the release date, the amount of quality material logistics has released over the last 6 years is ridiculous I can't fault him. Saying that I did start having feelings of hospital becoming a commercial liquid label with lack of identity a few months ago, until I saw a S.P.Y set at a hospital night and it absolutely restored my faith in the label.

Yes everything they put out is not great but there artists are still putting out some amazing stuff at the end of the day.

Completely agree with this.

Back
Top Bottom