Metalheadz XMas Party, Cable 18/12/2010

Got in at 11.30 and caught the end of Storm b2b Randall. Was pretty huge, dropped classics and new tunes. Randall is sick on the decks!

J Majik unleashed a beast of a set, was very surprised. His selection was good, and mixing was great.

Goldie b2b dBridge. Goldie's intro was huuuuuge to say the least, didnt catch that much of it because i wanted to save myself for Andy C.

Andy C. Well i was pissed off at this, because every other tune was rewound. Goldie kept on rewinding every mix (even though they were all gully). After about 10 rewinds the crowd got well pissed off, so Goldie got held back and Andy got to do his thing. Every mix went off, was a tight set with a good selection (apart from Machete...) also I heard him clang for the first time :S

Sigma. Caught the start of the set. A good few double drops got the crowd going. Went to Room 2 and caught a bit of Bailey b2b Optical, dropping old bangers, Virus and Headz back catalogue rinse up :)

Break. The man killed it, easily the highlight of the night for me. Dropped Slow Down VIP, which went off!!! (exclusive play?) amongst other big tunes. Also seems like a generally nice bloke, was chatting to people at the end :)

Overall night was wicked. Dont know how Hardware went to cant compare, but was definitely worth it.

Got in at 11.30 and caught the end of Storm b2b Randall. Was pretty huge, dropped classics and new tunes. Randall is sick on the decks!

J Majik unleashed a beast of a set, was very surprised. His selection was good, and mixing was great.

Goldie b2b dBridge. Goldie's intro was huuuuuge to say the least, didnt catch that much of it because i wanted to save myself for Andy C.

Andy C. Well i was pissed off at this, because every other tune was rewound. Goldie kept on rewinding every mix (even though they were all gully). After about 10 rewinds the crowd got well pissed off, so Goldie got held back and Andy got to do his thing. Every mix went off, was a tight set with a good selection (apart from Machete...) also I heard him clang for the first time :S

Sigma. Caught the start of the set. A good few double drops got the crowd going. Went to Room 2 and caught a bit of Bailey b2b Optical, dropping old bangers, Virus and Headz back catalogue rinse up :)

Break. The man killed it, easily the highlight of the night for me. Dropped Slow Down VIP, which went off!!! (exclusive play?) amongst other big tunes. Also seems like a generally nice bloke, was chatting to people at the end :)

Overall night was wicked. Dont know how Hardware went to cant compare, but was definitely worth it.

what does that even mean?

A few mates told me Andy was standard to not all that...

Machete at a Headz night? Pffft.

No not at all really. Didn't see any1 not dancing when he mixed machete, which incidently was teased for all of about 16 seconds. His selection was on point, played loads of proper old jungle, alot of which i couldn't even recognize. The main problem with his set was goldie. Everytime he started finding abit of flow and really picking it up goldie hovered over the decks and started rewinding. It got to the point where GQ shouted 'just let the fucking music play' and the whole crowd got on goldies back (who thought he was being funny- acted like a child really, but his b2b set was on point for once). Instead of continuously starting the same mix andy ended up playing a different tune, almost like he was starting the set again if you understand me and it really killed his flow. Quite disappointing.

Oh and by the was gatekeeper by fresh is foooking large

A few mates told me Andy was standard to not all that...

Machete at a Headz night? Pffft.

i agree. obviously goldie's constant rewinds didnt help. in fact i put it entriely down to that, it just didnt flow like mad like andy usually does. PISSED i missed break but all my chumps froends were tired by this point and i didnt wanna pay for a cab back on my tod

was a quality night , sound was all good where i was standing , good sets all night too , j majik was a real suprise as i was'nt expecting much from him , but he played some quality tunes and his mixing was tight , andy's set was big as usual , roll on the next one

oh really??? whats it like?

this is an actual sketch of everyones face when it happened

2j8mxw.jpg

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That's not because I thought this night was shit, I've just officially woken up from the weekend.

This was a big big big big night. Got in there around 11.30 and caught the last bits of Storm & Randall. Now these two really know how to go back2back properly. In the last couple of years there has been an increasingly popular trend of two people being billed to do a b2b set over an hour, only to do two half-hour sets each. That is absolute bollox and not going b2b. Storm & Randall done 2/3 tunes each, and you could really get a feel of what vibe the particular DJ was feeling. Storm was OK, and was nice to hear Open Page on a system finally - worked well as an outro. Randall is just Randall though - absolute legend. Dropping moody bass-heavy rollers in-between mixing as tight as a kipper's clit. Glad I caught the end of it.

Up stepped J-Majik and I was bewildered as to why quite a few people in there, including most of my pals, thought he was going to be 'hit or miss'. Well he didn't miss a fuckin thing. No disrespect to Wickaman, but anyone that's seen these two play together and has an ounce of knowledge of the music can tell that J-Majik is clearly the superior man pon the decklands. And he didn't disappoint. Dropped some absolute meaty bangers, can remember 'Moonwalker' getting dropped after one or two tunes in and he got the place getting low to some good jungly riddims.

Can't really remember a lot of Goldie & D-Bridge's set tbh. Starting on the sammy b's @ 7.30 wasn't the best of plans, but fuck it Happy Saturday to me. Can remember a proper nice deep tune with a recognisable continuous bassline getting drawn for. Asked a mate what it was and he said it was a D-Bridge remix of something and it was quite new. I'm not really a fan of D-Bridge's, but I'm man enough to admit when I like a tune no matter who produced it. And I likesd it.

Randy Andy Pandy C. My oh my. This night wouldn't of been as good without him, but sure enough it would of been ten times better if that prick Goldie was kept away from the decks when he was on. Probably one of the most frustrating sets I've ever witnessed! Started off really well, then as soon as a rhythm was starting to come together...BANG!...fuckin rewind. It happened again, and again, and again. I lost count. GQ should've thumped the fucka - he would of deserved it. Can't believe someone wasted a perfectly good bottle on someone at the last Shogun who was actually on form, when a whole fuckin crate of bottles full of petrol would of just about done Goldie justice. It really fuckin annoyed me. But then Andy got back into it, dropped a beast of a jungle tune that even surpassed 'Moonwalker VIP' - which is good, but didn't give me the sex tingles as much as when I first heard 'Moonwalker'. Machete stopped me in my tracks, as always, but didn't he play 'Bust Moves' by Hazard? Or was it Sigma? Well someone clever did. That system in Cable is the best I've heard that tune on. Too much.

Sigma was on next. Can remember doing the Cylon skank. That's about it. And Break after him (only one of the Sigma guys was there). I can now remember Slow Down VIP getting dropped, but I was so lickd at the time I thought it was the original. Oh well.

I probably have the snow to thank for such a good night. There would have been so many people there if the weather was normal and I'm glad that wasn't the case. There was just the right amount of people there. Got a bit more cosy when Andy was on but that was OK.

I like Cable when it's like that. Or any venue for that matter. The bouncers sort of let you get on with it as well, as long as you're not bait and being a cunt to everyone. That's how it should be. Roll on Xmas - ish gonna be a shcreama.

:)

PS - Wayne where was you fella? Did you end up going?

Didn't see anyone else :(

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That's not because I thought this night was shit, I've just officially woken up from the weekend.

This was a big big big big night. Got in there around 11.30 and caught the last bits of Storm & Randall. Now these two really know how to go back2back properly. In the last couple of years there has been an increasingly popular trend of two people being billed to do a b2b set over an hour, only to do two half-hour sets each. That is absolute bollox and not going b2b. Storm & Randall done 2/3 tunes each, and you could really get a feel of what vibe the particular DJ was feeling. Storm was OK, and was nice to hear Open Page on a system finally - worked well as an outro. Randall is just Randall though - absolute legend. Dropping moody bass-heavy rollers in-between mixing as tight as a kipper's clit. Glad I caught the end of it.

Up stepped J-Majik and I was bewildered as to why quite a few people in there, including most of my pals, thought he was going to be 'hit or miss'. Well he didn't miss a fuckin thing. No disrespect to Wickaman, but anyone that's seen these two play together and has an ounce of knowledge of the music can tell that J-Majik is clearly the superior man pon the decklands. And he didn't disappoint. Dropped some absolute meaty bangers, can remember 'Moonwalker' getting dropped after one or two tunes in and he got the place getting low to some good jungly riddims.

Can't really remember a lot of Goldie & D-Bridge's set tbh. Starting on the sammy b's @ 7.30 wasn't the best of plans, but fuck it Happy Saturday to me. Can remember a proper nice deep tune with a recognisable continuous bassline getting drawn for. Asked a mate what it was and he said it was a D-Bridge remix of something and it was quite new. I'm not really a fan of D-Bridge's, but I'm man enough to admit when I like a tune no matter who produced it. And I likesd it.

Randy Andy Pandy C. My oh my. This night wouldn't of been as good without him, but sure enough it would of been ten times better if that prick Goldie was kept away from the decks when he was on. Probably one of the most frustrating sets I've ever witnessed! Started off really well, then as soon as a rhythm was starting to come together...BANG!...fuckin rewind. It happened again, and again, and again. I lost count. GQ should've thumped the fucka - he would of deserved it. Can't believe someone wasted a perfectly good bottle on someone at the last Shogun who was actually on form, when a whole fuckin crate of bottles full of petrol would of just about done Goldie justice. It really fuckin annoyed me. But then Andy got back into it, dropped a beast of a jungle tune that even surpassed 'Moonwalker VIP' - which is good, but didn't give me the sex tingles as much as when I first heard 'Moonwalker'. Machete stopped me in my tracks, as always, but didn't he play 'Bust Moves' by Hazard? Or was it Sigma? Well someone clever did. That system in Cable is the best I've heard that tune on. Too much.

Sigma was on next. Can remember doing the Cylon skank. That's about it. And Break after him (only one of the Sigma guys was there). I can now remember Slow Down VIP getting dropped, but I was so lickd at the time I thought it was the original. Oh well.

I probably have the snow to thank for such a good night. There would have been so many people there if the weather was normal and I'm glad that wasn't the case. There was just the right amount of people there. Got a bit more cosy when Andy was on but that was OK.

I like Cable when it's like that. Or any venue for that matter. The bouncers sort of let you get on with it as well, as long as you're not bait and being a cunt to everyone. That's how it should be. Roll on Xmas - ish gonna be a shcreama.

:)

PS - Wayne where was you fella? Did you end up going?

Didn't see anyone else :(

Cool stor - oh you know the rest.

Sounds like a quality night i was torn between metalheadz and renegade.. Ended up going renegade mostly because i was outvoted by my mates.. Had a top night. Went to the last metalheadz night at cable it was the bollocks.

Event Date: Sat, 22nd January 2011Event Time: 22:00Description:Share this Buy Ticket DJs: Calibre, D-Bridge, Doc Scott, Klute, Marcus Intalex, Artificial Intelligence, S.P.Y, Alley Cat,

MCs: SP:MC, Justyce, DRS

22:00 - 06:00
Price: £8 early bird / £10 Advance Tickets | £13 OTD / £10 students OTD

^^^^^ Is that at Cable?

Also - Lenzman - Masquerade (DJ Die Remix) tore headz apart on Sat.

Got dropped a couple times, proper heavyweight tune

Back
Top Bottom