metalheadz sound?

calvinr

BaneMusic
was just wondering if any1 knew how to create my own metalheadz style sound on eitha logic or reason, as tht label has dat distinct sound, any tips from basslines, to FX would help..safe

Well, if you were actually serious, buss the bass and hats together, and saturate a bit. makes the hats break up.

Actually you could just loop breaks, sample random soundtracks, repeat a bassline through it all and saturate the lot.

Well, if you were actually serious, buss the bass and hats together, and saturate a bit. makes the hats break up.

Actually you could just loop breaks, sample random soundtracks, repeat a bassline through it all and saturate the lot.

Lol, dnt kno whats funnier, the original post or the reply.

was just wondering if any1 knew how to create my own metalheadz style sound on eitha logic or reason, as tht label has dat distinct sound, any tips from basslines, to FX would help..safe

To create your own metalheadz stylely (dunno how that's possible) you must do this (it can only be done in logic);

bus an amen to 7 several busses, on each bus have chorus, distortion and flange effect with all dials maxed out to the top (that gives you that reall grimey vibe) send all these to another bus and apply 3 different compressors all doing the oposite. Add maximser & stereo spread if things just aint cutting it but make your your final bus is in mono. If it isnt it wont sound correct.

for basslines use and 808 clap, time stretched to the length of a piece of string. with distortion applied & wah wah for the wobbles (ive found wah wah better than filter imo)

for atmosphere sample bus sounds & bird noises, combine the two and apply completely wet reverb along side more delay than an average stutter.

for lead lines drill a hole in anything more solid than bread and record & layer.

hope this helps

seriously dude, if i could make a track sounds like what those legends @ metalheadz make i wouldn't be ere.

elmaruk those tricks are more liek virus than metalheadz

Hmm I dunno. Maybe add another compressor and wet reverb to 2 of the drum busses. It's a fine line between virus and metal headz, many times have i crossed it.

aand nice tune in your sig btw

Cheers buddy. I made it with flour, a siv & 17 rolling pins hanging from a widows hood. can you head the wood?

it was just a ridiculously generalised question. basicly

"How do make my tunes sound like that of a label that's been here from the start, perfecting there sound for over 20 years?"

i agree with all of the above. you could discuss the classic metalheadz sound if you really wanted to but there is very little to say or do about it. its not even a sample or a piece of kit its a way of thinking. the emu has that exciter for the top end of breaks that you can recognize from that time.

Wow jokers...its tru i didnt ask question properly..but i didnt meen to literally copy an a established label sound why wud I do that? woudnt prove anything really,,,oh and i no troll

tbh dude you already have everything you need. If you want to emulate a pre-existing style listen to a lot of it and then open your daw and make something that sounds similar. Your EARS are key to telling you what is really giving an artist/label/style that specific sound that sets it apart.

You can spell "established" but yet i see "Sektor" under your username...

i no troll...

loool haa. cba arguin on a forum but heres tha last blast from me....

nah im nt a TROLL
i kno how to spell "sector" u twit i chose "sektor" on purpose, but its funny tho coz artists like "majistrate" isnt spelt correctly but u wont sayto shit to dat loool
and finally..jump off ma thread if u nt gna say anything productive yeah...
soooon :)

loool haa. cba arguin on a forum but heres tha last blast from me....

nah im nt a TROLL
i kno how to spell "sector" u twit i chose "sektor" on purpose, but its funny tho coz artists like "majistrate" isnt spelt correctly but u wont sayto shit to dat loool
and finally..jump off ma thread if u nt gna say anything productive yeah...
soooon :)

'majistrate' is actually spelt correctly... http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/magistrate

...and use your ears. BTW if I knew how to recreate the Metalheadz sound then i'm not gonna tell you the secret to making tunes that could put you at the top of the scene... learn to experiment, don't be lazy and post on a forum asking for random people to tell you the result of years of trial and error in the studio... i find that pretty offensive tbh, it's pm like you can't be arsed to put the hard work in and it's like you expect it to be handed to you on a plate...

and also 'that metalheadz sound' is a very broad term... post examples of the sound you wish to get, ask politely, and then you may get some help.

safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
'majistrate' is actually spelt correctly... http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/magistrate

...and use your ears. BTW if I knew how to recreate the Metalheadz sound then i'm not gonna tell you the secret to making tunes that could put you at the top of the scene... learn to experiment, don't be lazy and post on a forum asking for random people to tell you the result of years of trial and error in the studio... i find that pretty offensive tbh, it's pm like you can't be arsed to put the hard work in and it's like you expect it to be handed to you on a plate...

and also 'that metalheadz sound' is a very broad term... post examples of the sound you wish to get, ask politely, and then you may get some help.

safe.

Cor blimey.......computer mafia strikes again!!!! the poor guy only asked a question......shame we cant all be as literate and as good a producer as yourselfs......maybe you should all remove yourself from up named labels arseholes for one minute and explain to the guy without being rude and sarcastic the errors of his post.

One thing i hate about these forums is the pc mafia.....pppppffffttttttttt, fags

safe.[/QUOTE]

Cor blimey.......computer mafia strikes again!!!! the poor guy only asked a question......shame we cant all be as literate and as good a producer as yourselfs......maybe you should all remove yourself from up named labels arseholes for one minute and explain to the guy without being rude and sarcastic the errors of his post.

One thing i hate about these forums is the pc mafia.....pppppffffttttttttt, fags

safe.[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom