Metal headz ......

HEIST

VIP Junglist
After listening to Bailey in the 30 minute mix last night - he played a load of forthcoming bits from metal headz - Stuff from Kryptic Minds, Dylan, Danny C, Spirit, Calyx etc. Im really glad the breaks are coming back to the music - Metal Headz are deffently doing their bit (much like they used to) but what do u guys think of the new stuff thats coming on this label....
please discuss

I think it's great to hear one of my favourite labels back on form after they went through a bit of a dodgy period in 2001-2002 and great to hear Goldie back on form as a DJ again. Like you say there is some quality stuff coming on the label.

Just need a new slightly more permanent home for the sunday night sessions and I'll be a happy man again :thumbsup:

I thought the recent album was pretty good, sometimes they could be a bit more picky about which tracks and artists they release in order to keep up the record or really great tracks (especially platinum breaks 1 & 2)

They're good these days, just not amazing as they used to be

I still think that metalheadz rule in the d&b scene.
if one of them headz come to belgium i'm always there and they keep amazin me every time again. I saw goldie a few months ago and the shit he played was crazy.
I don't know how he did it but in his whole set i just recongised 4 or 5 songs. o_O

i would just say big up metalheadz. :applause:

METH51 - Danny C - Star/Sunday
METH52 - Special Forces - Satisfy/Dirty
METH53 - Spirit - Solitaire Remix/Soul Survivor
METH54 - Danny C - Long Road/Feel it
METH55 - Calyx EP - Dark Night (Feat.Kontrol)/Fear This/Head Hunter/Inner Sense
METH56 - )EIB( UK - True Romance/Bellini
METH57 - Blame EP - Medusa/unknown/unknown/unknown
METH58 - Hive EP - 4 Tracks To Be Named Later
METH59 - Hidden Agenda - Episode/Unknown
METH60 - Dylan - Metaphor/Unknown
METH61 - Beta 2 - My Time/Unknown
METH62 - Kryptic Minds - Hide The Tears /Unknown
METH63 - Ink + Loxy - 2 Tracks To Be Named Later

Any of these new metalhead records have that nice 1992 feel to em? Dark or happy, whatever, just as long as they feel like 92 its cool to me. The last goldie record on metalheads was nice (stormtrooper vip) in this way as was that jungle jungle tune by total science.

1992 said:
Any of these new metalhead records have that nice 1992 feel to em? Dark or happy, whatever, just as long as they feel like 92 its cool to me. The last goldie record on metalheads was nice (stormtrooper vip) in this way as was that jungle jungle tune by total science.

To be honest with you, sadly not from the ones I have heard.

I'm keeping hope alive, though :burn:

Always the bomb, still the bomb ... my fave label. I cant think of another with as much diversity over the years, music that often stands by itself rather than "just" a wicked dNb tune, (nothing wring wit that either).

best logo too,

mesh said:
Always the bomb, still the bomb ... my fave label. I cant think of another with as much diversity over the years, music that often stands by itself rather than "just" a wicked dNb tune, (nothing wring wit that either).

best logo too,

man im look forward to the caylx ep - should be sick - and my mate kontrol has got sum baaad stuff coming on headz too

they seem to be getting a nice roster of artists back up, seems like a few people doin their first Headz ting ...

good news. Yep, love it

platinum breakz 1 & 2 were written history for dnb, pb 3 was a bit disappointing, but now they're picking up today's pace of dnb and, like they should, they stand in front and lead the way. It's wicked these guys are back in this fashion, fucken metalheadz are back!!! Any oldtime junglist has sentiment for the headz in his or her blood, innit.

sum of my favourite tunes have been on metal headz - 'Jah know ya Big' (Dillinja), 'A Made up Sound' (Source Direct), 'Metropolis' (Adam F), 'Predator' (Peshay) loads man. I just hope that future artists will make the impact these guys did years ago. I mean, to me metal headz has always been about moving the music forward - ya know?

Back
Top Bottom