DnB Merlin - January 2014 mix

dj_merlin

VIP Junglist
After mixing for 2 and a half years I've finally recorded a mix that I am (almost) happy with, minus a few mistakes, but uploaded anyway otherwise I never would!

Hope you guys enjoy it, tried to make it nice and varied. Will try and make a habit of recording a mix every month or so now I've got the initial one out of the way!

It was recorded using 3 1210's, Xone 92, and Traktor.

Tracklist:

DJ Taktix - The Way (VIP)
>> Noisia, Calyx and Teebee - Hyenas
Roni Size - Watching Windows (DJ Die gnarly instrumental)
Capone - Friday
Break and Die - Grand Funk Hustle
Noisia - Facade
Culture Shock - Troglodyte
Traffic - Structures
June Miller and Nymfo - Misfits
Icicle - Dumbstep
Misanthrop - Deadlock
Sub Focus - Stomp
Mob Tactics - Wolf Trap
Noisia - Block Control
Origin Unknown - Lunar Bass (Commix remix)
Chase and Status - Blind Faith (Loadstar remix)
>> Sub Focus - Flamenco
K Tee - Hypnotize VIP
Dexcell - Close Your Eyes (ft. Katie's Ambition)
Command Strange - Rock Steady
T.E.E.D - Household Goods (Enei remix)
Foreign Concept - Make It Through
Shapeshifter - Gravity (Lenzman remix)
Mikal - Immaterial
Memro - Spyglass
Dom & Roland - Outta Endz
>> Harvest - Militant
Enei and Emperor - Liberation
Wilkinson - Automatic
Cabin Fever - Hard Goin
Chase and Status - No Problem
Sub Focus - Druggy
>> Andy C and Shimon - Quest

Mate kudos for starting with that VIP the dancefloor used to kick off every time that tune dropped.

Rinsing this as we speak big up Merlin! :bansplit:

Wicked mix defo gonna listen again. I like the fact that you mix old and new together too many people fixate on just playing the latest tunes rather than what might sound good.

Druggy >> Quest is mix of 2014 for me so far that is defo getting nicked. Cheers.

Wicked mix defo gonna listen again. I like the fact that you mix old and new together too many people fixate on just playing the latest tunes rather than what might sound good.

Druggy >> Quest is mix of 2014 for me so far that is defo getting nicked. Cheers.

Thanks man glad you like it! I always find a set so much more enjoyable when old tunes are played aswell, drum and bass has a great history so why not make use of it!

does the 12" of automatic not have the horrible pitching up of the vocal on the second drop?

Traffic - Structures

Misanthrop - Deadlock
Sub Focus - Stomp

Sub Focus - Druggy

were my favourite mixes off this, nice mix all around and appreciate the different subgenres and older tunes!

does the 12" of automatic not have the horrible pitching up of the vocal on the second drop?

Traffic - Structures

Misanthrop - Deadlock
Sub Focus - Stomp

Sub Focus - Druggy

were my favourite mixes off this, nice mix all around and appreciate the different subgenres and older tunes!

Thanks mate! I edited Automatic and just copy and pasted the phrase of the first drop in place of the pitched up one on the second drop. The pitched up bit is shit haha

Back
Top Bottom