Merlin - August mix

dj_merlin

VIP Junglist
Hellooo everybody

Just wanted to share my new mix, a few fuck ups in there which I'm quite annoyed about but I tried re-recording and was losing patience so thought I would upload this anyway. Hope you guys like it and any feedback would be appreciated!

Recorded it on 3 1210's, xone 92 and Traktor.

Klute – Sober Light of Day
Konflict – Messiah
>> Chase & Status – Menace
Enei – Woodrunner
Friction & Total Science – Scatter
FD – Ice 690
P.A – The Shogun
Frankee – Flintstone
Ality – Gut Punch
Edit & Pennygiles – Set Theory
Skeptical – Desire ft. Collette Warren
>> Ed Rush, Optical & Fierce – Alien Girl
Halogenix – Ambia
Rockwell – Back Again
Chris Lake – Helium (Rene Lavice remix)
Audio – Headroom
>> Cyantific – Type A
NC17 & KC – Slimeville
Chase & Status – No Problem
Stealth – Smash It
Chase & Status – Smash TV
Mefjus & Zombie Cats – Must Eat
>> Jonny L – Back To Your Roots (Friction & K Tee remix)
Spor – Halogen
Noisia & Prolix – Asteroids
>> Konflict – The Beckoning
Stealth – Scrummage
Octane & DLR – Let Me Go ft. Marion (Break remix)
Command Strange – Rock Steady (Lenzman remix)
Break – They’re Wrong (Calibre remix)
Loadstar – Stepped Outside
Salaryman – My Future
Mob Tactics – The Answer ft. Lauren Johnson
Break – Groove With It

i peeped a bit, sounds lovely, will stick on my mp3 player for further judgement

Loved your last mix mate, Had it on @ house party and that Dillinja/Callide bit turned it into a shoe throwing competion!!

Will be giving this a listen right away only just noticed it

intro is fucking fire, spot on track selection and mixing there!

I liked hearing Woodrunner come in, not heard it in a mix yet. Not really a fan of that scatter track, I prefer the flip, but the mixing was great into FD – Ice 690 came in, gonna bag that track never heard it before so thanks for playing that :) Same applies for that shogun track, good bit of mixing and a track i've not heard previously.

I really like Flinstone, mixing was good there, the bassline sat on top of shogun really nicely. Next track that I really liked what you did with was Desire, fucking love that track and love the way it was mixed, the first"desire" vocal bit could of done with coming in a fraction of a second early but nitpicking really. Alien Girl was the tits as a Double with Desire though enjoyed that bit as did the missus and she only really pipes up if she really rates something, I liked the drop back into desire as well, unexpected and that.

Slight slip on the ambia mix but nothing major. Helium came out of nowhere, had a little gun fingers moment when you dropped in Headroom, went all brock when type A came in, loved this section of the mix, such good selection, and tight mixing, all eq'ed well.

Thought the switch to no problem sounded a bit loud, but still nothing I would give a shit about if I heard this in a club. Loved the smash it Double! Really rate Stealth.

Thought when you switched to the breakdown of Smash TV it sounded a tad loud too but might just be my ears/speakers, again nothing serious. However the must eat mix was sick mate.

When the vocal of let me go came in with that lush sax it pretty much cured my hangover, need to play this more myself! Lenzman mixed lovely with let me go, and it was nice hearing the version of they're wrong that you did, everyone's playing the alternate mix at the mo. I liked the piano from rock steady on top too mate sounded nice.

Really starting to feel that stepped outside bit, couldn't see what all the fuss was about to start with, but the more I hear it them more I like it. That My Future tracks pretty nice, liked the mix with stepped outside too, I was expecting a lot of clashing pianos but thought it came out lovely.

The Answer was mixed well, great track rinsing it myself.

Im a fan of Groove with it, been double dropping it with C+T Skank myself!

Overall great mix, Great track selection, mixing and Eq. You control energy quite well as well, and I always think the best mixes are cross genre like yours, keeps it much more interesting. I Prefer the May Mix but that might be down to certain chemically induced memory's more than anything else.

Keep it up, big fan of your mixes! Sorry if its over the top feedback, was just typing what I thought as I heard it!

intro is fucking fire, spot on track selection and mixing there!

I liked hearing Woodrunner come in, not heard it in a mix yet. Not really a fan of that scatter track, I prefer the flip, but the mixing was great into FD – Ice 690 came in, gonna bag that track never heard it before so thanks for playing that :) Same applies for that shogun track, good bit of mixing and a track i've not heard previously.

I really like Flinstone, mixing was good there, the bassline sat on top of shogun really nicely. Next track that I really liked what you did with was Desire, fucking love that track and love the way it was mixed, the first"desire" vocal bit could of done with coming in a fraction of a second early but nitpicking really. Alien Girl was the tits as a Double with Desire though enjoyed that bit as did the missus and she only really pipes up if she really rates something, I liked the drop back into desire as well, unexpected and that.

Slight slip on the ambia mix but nothing major. Helium came out of nowhere, had a little gun fingers moment when you dropped in Headroom, went all brock when type A came in, loved this section of the mix, such good selection, and tight mixing, all eq'ed well.

Thought the switch to no problem sounded a bit loud, but still nothing I would give a shit about if I heard this in a club. Loved the smash it Double! Really rate Stealth.

Thought when you switched to the breakdown of Smash TV it sounded a tad loud too but might just be my ears/speakers, again nothing serious. However the must eat mix was sick mate.

When the vocal of let me go came in with that lush sax it pretty much cured my hangover, need to play this more myself! Lenzman mixed lovely with let me go, and it was nice hearing the version of they're wrong that you did, everyone's playing the alternate mix at the mo. I liked the piano from rock steady on top too mate sounded nice.

Really starting to feel that stepped outside bit, couldn't see what all the fuss was about to start with, but the more I hear it them more I like it. That My Future tracks pretty nice, liked the mix with stepped outside too, I was expecting a lot of clashing pianos but thought it came out lovely.

The Answer was mixed well, great track rinsing it myself.

Im a fan of Groove with it, been double dropping it with C+T Skank myself!

Overall great mix, Great track selection, mixing and Eq. You control energy quite well as well, and I always think the best mixes are cross genre like yours, keeps it much more interesting. I Prefer the May Mix but that might be down to certain chemically induced memory's more than anything else.

Keep it up, big fan of your mixes! Sorry if its over the top feedback, was just typing what I thought as I heard it!

Wow thanks alot man! Don't apologise, I appreciate you taking the time to listen and give some critique of the mix, glad you liked it. Hopefully will get a new one done next month! Wanna try and get a 2 hour one done too and have alot more variety but dunno if I've got the stamina!

A 2 Hour Mix would be great. Seriously some of the mixes on here are better than a lot of the mixes that big names put out, yours included!

I would much rather listen to a mix with a couple of slips but with bang on track selection, than a technically flawless mix that's dull and lifeless basically.

Ya Will. All over this.

Will hopefully be reaching the night you, Dan and Sam are playing at too. Would be good to see some well skilled DJ's for a change.

Ya Will. All over this.

Will hopefully be reaching the night you, Dan and Sam are playing at too. Would be good to see some well skilled DJ's for a change.

Nice one Stu! Will be posting up the full info about the night later this week, hopefully alot of the forum heads can make it down!

Really solid mix. Little flaws in there made it feel real, so no biggie. Great song selection. First 20min were totally my cuppa tea, as was some at the end. Enjoyed listening this. Will check other mixes out aswell. Keep it up

Back
Top Bottom