Merah - Two Kings and No Form

I like the melody and the composition but everything sounds like it's filtered the whole time, you should try giving your instruments more power, the kick sounds like someone's knocking on the door. I think simple equalization and compression might help.
I don't know if it was the intention but I enjoy music with more dynamics and variation especially when it's chillout, but it has to be subtle.

On soundcloud I found some pretty good music of yours. Thumbs up! I really like Book of Life (wip clip) :)

Keep up the good work. Cheers!

This is a really nice song for chillout just nice sort of background music, i agree it sounds like it's all been filtered down a little bit but then again i think thats what makes the song nice, i think if you started to add alot of punchyness to things like the snare/rimshot you'll lose what the song is, just my two cents, i really like this though, nice work

I don't agree that things need more power to me, it's already really deep and subby.

One thing you could consider is a little bit more percussive synth for textural contrast, something with less attack+decay.

Your drum rhythms are really unusual. It's sort of a half-time beat followed by a bar that's quite empty. It's not bad but rhythmically it leaves you without much on beat, because the drums are usually on beat, but I don't know how you'd change that, all in all.

Back
Top Bottom