DnB Mental Frame - Dynasty

Not bad at all. The melody is cool and the tone of the track is delivered well. I feel like giving in depth feed back because I noticed you gave lots of people feedback, but please do not be offended because most of it will be critique of what you did wrong and suggestions for your next track or this one. Please bear in mind I am not an expert so take what I say with a grain of salt.
Drums: You have some nice drums but they are crowed out by the mix. I would suggest that you set your kick and snare in the drop to hit at about -6db and remix the rest of the track around it. The kick and snare are focal points of the mix and should be up front in the mix. After you set your kick and snare bring in your break and make it balanced to taste.

Bass: I don't like your bass, it is a matter of taste. I would suggest trying a reece bass or coming up with a bass more interesting. For example, you could resample your own bass using a method that is classic to drum and bass. Here is the link for this method
Also, when mixing your bass make sure the sub is prominent and the mid-range is lower in the mix. A way to more effectively control your different frequencies of your bass is to split the bass into four different bands or channels. Use eq and effects to control the sound you are looking for.

High range sounds and vocals: You did a good job with these. I would suggest spending time experiment with reverb and delay to aid in stereo width and making the sounds sound more processed and professional. Also, a big thing to learn now would be automation. A lead or fx that is always evolving just sounds more interesting.

Structure of track: Your structure and variety is refreshing, my only suggestion would be to line up your track with a professional track you like and make sure the intros, drops, and break downs line up.

Good luck and welcome to an enormously satisfy and frustrating hobby.

Wow! Thank you! Quite the comment I was looking for. This is my first track, so I know it's full of mistakes and things I could've done better.
So thanks for that! Very helpful!

Wow! Thank you! Quite the comment I was looking for. This is my first track, so I know it's full of mistakes and things I could've done better.
So thanks for that! Very helpful!
no problem buddy. Give feedback when you can here. As you get better share the knowledge you have gained and we all get better.

really cool 8bit sakura feel to this the intro builds pretty nicely and i will agree the drums sit pretty far back in the mix. the vocals around the first drop are cool but a bit loose since you are on ableton you could always try chopping and stretching them to fit a bit tighter. the bass is a bit bland as well, tho still close to what i feel you were going for. definitely use youtube as your best friend as their seems to be so many more vids for abelton than anything else. i also really like the intro has an sweet video game anthem vibe to it. good work!
here is one i finished recently any feedback is always welcome!
[soundcloud.com]

Back
Top Bottom