Drum & Bass Menosance - Sorry, I Have Failed You (unusual dnb not experimental though)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Menosance, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Menosance

Menosance aka OSOI

Hello Guys,

It has been sometime since I posted a track here since I was busy specifing my own production style. Anyways, just now I have finished this track. It is quite unusual in style to normal D&B. It has a sad note but a motivating bass.

I do really want to know what you think about the track; style, mixing everything. And if it was yours to which label would you send it?

Here is the full track:

Thanks,
    MENOSANCE :)

2. Menosance

Menosance aka OSOI

Anyone?? I really need a opinion/critise this because I am stuck right now.

3. lasiien

lasiien Meh

Hi Menosance,

Sorry to say but I'm not really feeling it. The intro is a bit slow and needs more to it imo, much more ambient sounds and then build a bit more. Appreciate you are probably trying to keep the track sparse on purpose but it needs some kind of atmosphere at least. Once the tune kicks in it still feels sparse, and that bass is a bit overbearing and kinda monotonous I'm afraid. You do seem to change the bass but when it morphs into the mid range it's still pretty overbearing. Best part is at about 5mins in when it all starts coming together a little, it still needs a bit more sounds/variation imo but that's where you should be thinking about expanding on. Hope that helps a bit, keep experimenting and overall I'd say you need to add more stuff/sounds/atmosphere in.

4. Psychoholic

Psychoholic Quantum Cunt

I have to agree with lasiien here, I think he is a pretty wise man, he has to be because I always agree with him and I think of myself as a wise man, from time to time. Anywho the piano is a bit plain and boring, the bassline is weak and doesn't really do anything and I'm not feeling the break either a bit boring really the samples are boring and so is the pattern. Sorry mate but I wouldnt send it to a label perhaps to my dad though, but he wouldnt like it.

5. Menosance

Menosance aka OSOI

Guys,

I listened to what you had you to say, and I did agree with it, but the thing is that I took it to another direction. I did the improvements to it but quite some drastic changes. Here is a clip of it. Do still please tell me what you think :)

(for the clip just look at my sig | | |)
    V V V

6. lasiien

lasiien Meh

Much improved, you've built on the better parts of the track from that earlier version. I still feel you could add more and change things a little quicker, but thats just my taste (who's to say I'm right!). You're obviously trying to find your own style and I applaud that man.

7. Menosance

Menosance aka OSOI

Thanks mate, I appreciate the fact that you liked it and that I am trying to find my style :)