Menosance - Return On Point (REVAMPED)

Menosance

aka OSOI
VIP Junglist
Menosance - 3 Revamped track for you to take a look

Hi guys,

I did an update to a track that had some slight problems would like to know what you think about it.
Menosance - Return On Point
https://soundcloud.com/menosance/ecachia94-gmail-com/s-NXxuj

Also, I would like to know what you think about this other track in general.
Menosance - Forgive Me, I've Sinned
https://soundcloud.com/menosance/ecachia94-gmail-com-menosance/s-07FMz

Also this track if you would like to :) Been posted here a couple of times, now it is the finish product.
Menosance - Old Military
https://soundcloud.com/menosance/menosance-old-military/s-if2Yv

Thanks once again & Much Love :D
Menosance

P.S. - Sorry for the no widgets, I am trying to keep them as a private files but the widget doesn't allow any private files to be shown.

Last edited:
if im honest, the drums lack any sort of punch. i dont really like the samples youve picked for them eiter, the snare is particularly weak. the mixdown isnt great and the structure needs a bit of work, more build ups etc. theres some nice bass sounds in there, they just need some good drums to complement them! in saying all this, you have got some great ideas, and thats the hard part about writing music. just work on making everything punch a bit harder!

if im honest, the drums lack any sort of punch. i dont really like the samples youve picked for them eiter, the snare is particularly weak. the mixdown isnt great and the structure needs a bit of work, more build ups etc. theres some nice bass sounds in there, they just need some good drums to complement them! in saying all this, you have got some great ideas, and thats the hard part about writing music. just work on making everything punch a bit harder!

Is this for all the tracks or specific for one of them?? Thanks :)

How would you EQ drums?? I use a 150hz HP on kicks and a boost at 180 - 200hz. For snares, 400hz HP and 1khz boost (with boost I mean gain)

bass is still over powering man in my opinion of course... i really like the drums apart from the lower end.. the verb and stuff has SOOOOO much potential also really repetitive get involved in the automation subtle variations in anything can really liven up the tune subconsciously to the listener

bass is still over powering man in my opinion of course... i really like the drums apart from the lower end.. the verb and stuff has SOOOOO much potential also really repetitive get involved in the automation subtle variations in anything can really liven up the tune subconsciously to the listener

Which specific track? All of them??
It looks like the drums are the main concern. Also automation could be used if you tell which track though. The first would need some alterations. The changes in the arpeggio aren't enough I suppose. If their might be automation to the other 2 tracks, that will be a problem since I really would like to keep their musicality. I need to see how subtle I can go with the last two tracks.

I listen to the third track. Your getting better! Drums could use more kick to it. Also, you might want to learn how to start doing chops and fills.

agree with everything said hitherto, musically you got everything you need there :) buuut maybe you need to improve your techniques and technical skill to make it happen properly, the drums and mixdown are major issues! but i'l be interested to hear how it develops

I listen to the third track. Your getting better! Drums could use more kick to it. Also, you might want to learn how to start doing chops and fills.

Yes, drums are the problem still trying to know how to solve it. I am blaming it on two objects. Either bad sample or bad EQing. I usually EQ kicks at 150hz. But I am not sure about that (in the sense that I apply a HP at 150hz. Not sure whether should apply it at a lower or higher level)
Glad that at least there is a sign of improvement. Since I heard about the concept of EQuing out unnecessary frequenices, my production level has improved massively.

- - - Updated - - -

agree with everything said hitherto, musically you got everything you need there :) buuut maybe you need to improve your techniques and technical skill to make it happen properly, the drums and mixdown are major issues! but i'l be interested to hear how it develops

I agree with you completely. Drums have always been my weakness. The 2 tracks I didn't have any problems with my kicks, got signed so yeah, they are the problem (apart from minor niggles that are specific to each track) I am happy that musically they sound fine and enjoyable. All of them are my sounds, so at least that hard work paid off.

- - - Updated - - -

Does the second track has any other problems apart the kicks? In the sense that, did you like the vibe that it created (imagine that the kicks have been fixed)?

It is a recent sound I have created and sort of need someone to tell me that he/she felt a good vibe from it.

Back
Top Bottom