Menosance - Return On Point (Need Help)

Menosance

aka OSOI
VIP Junglist
Hi guys,

It has been sometime since I have posted here. This is a recent track that I have produced called Return On Point. I do need some help about the bass. Very rarely I use Massive for bass and this was the case and I am getting a spike/bip in the bass. When I hit a new note it comes up (After the first 32 bars you know what bip I am talking about) Do you know any way of removing this??

Also do tell me what you think about the track. Mix sounds a bit quiet and slightly messy but I don't know how to improve it.

Thanks,
Menosance :)

Have you tried turning the attack up on the bass? As for the track, I think you've got a nice concept. I like what you did with the harmonics on the pad. For the mixdown, firstly I'd compress the snare and kick because they sound quite weak. To aid this I'd search for conflicting frequencies in the bass because it's overwhelming compared to the rest of the track so I would assume it's clogging up the mix. Composition-wise, the main section is good but could do with some more variation e.g. introduce a new synth with a different melody. Now the opening needs a lot of work IMO because it's quite bland. Try adding some sfx and automation. Good Luck!

Have you tried turning the attack up on the bass? As for the track, I think you've got a nice concept. I like what you did with the harmonics on the pad. For the mixdown, firstly I'd compress the snare and kick because they sound quite weak. To aid this I'd search for conflicting frequencies in the bass because it's overwhelming compared to the rest of the track so I would assume it's clogging up the mix. Composition-wise, the main section is good but could do with some more variation e.g. introduce a new synth with a different melody. Now the opening needs a lot of work IMO because it's quite bland. Try adding some sfx and automation. Good Luck!

I did increase the attack but still no results. Only the LFO is connected to the OSC 1 so I brought up the attack from there. Should I change the attack from somewhere else?

Yeah, the track sounds a bit messy due to the bass taking quite a lot of space and the rest is taken by the pad and lead. Strangely enough, the kicks and snares are compressed but due to the bass they are sounding bad.
Thanks for the detailed info :)

I did solve the problem of the bip and the mix but the thing is that I've lost some of the wobble-sound due to EQing the sub-bass. Is there a way of increasing it via Massive and not messing with the EQ of the sub?? Thanks :)

You could try making a sub separate from the bass so you'd have one channel for the bass and one for the sub.

Usually when makin a bass in massive, i have the same blip too, but adding a bit of attack and a bit of release did solve the issue for me. Anyways the main part is okay, but gets boring very quickly, LAYER UP! :D

You could try making a sub separate from the bass so you'd have one channel for the bass and one for the sub.

They are already separated. I found a solution. All I had to do is to increase the amount of LFO applied to the Bandpass Cutoff. Thanks for all the help mate :)

Back
Top Bottom