Menosance - Percy (New Track!)

Menosance

aka OSOI
VIP Junglist
Hi there,

Some of you may not know me, but I have been here for quite some time. Here is a track I recently made, it is quite different and I don't know where to exactly place it: if it is moody, minimal, melodic etc.

As always, I am open to all kinds of critique and the more the merrier, and will be happy to help back.

Btw, let the track's name be a hint - 'Perc'y

If it can't be played, then just press the blue link above ^^^

Thanks, Much Love
Menosance :D

Long time no see meno...
Since when did you get 200 followers? I really need to do some promoting of myself :D

I think the track is a bit confused. Some elements seems quite high energy and others seem more deep/atmospheric. The lead for example, is playing a riff that seems quite upbeat and energetic, (lots of notes, and that tense chromatic chord sequence) but the actual patch that it's playing seems more appropriate for a minimal track cause it's not very in your face. Same with the choirey thing...

Also, a lot of the sound design is a bit so-so... it's ok but really could use some fx chaining or something.

Second buildy bit could be a bit shorter, I think.

Overall, not one of your better tracks... I am quite liking the ones public on your soundcloud though.

Some interesting ideas in there but it feels a bit static. Some automation or evolving sounds during the 8 bar sections would help. Also the 2nd breakdown is way too minimal, you can probably get away with dropping to just the percussion part for a bar or 2 (4 at the most) but then you need to bring other stuff in.

Its got potential so keep working on it.

Long time no see meno...
Since when did you get 200 followers? I really need to do some promoting of myself :D

I think the track is a bit confused. Some elements seems quite high energy and others seem more deep/atmospheric. The lead for example, is playing a riff that seems quite upbeat and energetic, (lots of notes, and that tense chromatic chord sequence) but the actual patch that it's playing seems more appropriate for a minimal track cause it's not very in your face. Same with the choirey thing...

Also, a lot of the sound design is a bit so-so... it's ok but really could use some fx chaining or something.

Second buildy bit could be a bit shorter, I think.

Overall, not one of your better tracks... I am quite liking the ones public on your soundcloud though.

Yeah, smoothassilk I was a bit quiet for some time, trying to find my own style. Those 200 followers came from the remixes I've put up.

Percy was more of an experiment to see how percussive but remaining minimal as much as possible, so I wasn't expecting any huge result of a banger. I do get the lead patch problem, it was made from a BS2 patch called Organ Perc so I definitely understood you here.

Thanks for liking the public tracks. My DNBF remix will surely be better than this, trust me ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Some interesting ideas in there but it feels a bit static. Some automation or evolving sounds during the 8 bar sections would help. Also the 2nd breakdown is way too minimal, you can probably get away with dropping to just the percussion part for a bar or 2 (4 at the most) but then you need to bring other stuff in.

Its got potential so keep working on it.

Yes, Fluff you are right, more modulation would certainly help but I tried to keep it minimal and it was experimental but I get your point. Comments greatly appreciated :)

I'm with fluff on this one. You can be minimal but still have evolving sounds, it makes it more interesting to the listener.

Back
Top Bottom