DnB Menosance - Old Military (Need Tips about Mix)

Menosance

aka OSOI
VIP Junglist
Hello Guys, it has been sometime since I posted on here. I am being quite busy with my productions and everything is going well until I came to master/mixdown this track. I have moved to producing this style of dnb (don't know the name of this subgenre, I call it experimental). There is a bit of confusion in the low freqs and I don't know how to fix it. Any help is appreciated on this aspect. Do comment on other stuff if you want to :)

Here is the link:

MENOSANCE

Generaly, when you can't get sounds to work together best idea is to make a new sound. My experience anyhow.
The sub def needs bringing out more. I'd consider trying saturation, overdrive and a heavy EQ, (remove everything above 200hz, or there abouts). Think that breaks at least 2 rules of making low bases, but works a treat I find. All my subs get pretty much that treatment.
A little more variation would be nice, by time I finished writing the above paragraph I had got bored of the siren-ish noise.
Drums particulary the snare arn't typical, but work ok. So no real problems there.
Mainly I'd play with different patches and processing for the low bass.
Good work though man. :)

Generaly, when you can't get sounds to work together best idea is to make a new sound. My experience anyhow.
The sub def needs bringing out more. I'd consider trying saturation, overdrive and a heavy EQ, (remove everything above 200hz, or there abouts). Think that breaks at least 2 rules of making low bases, but works a treat I find. All my subs get pretty much that treatment.
A little more variation would be nice, by time I finished writing the above paragraph I had got bored of the siren-ish noise.
Drums particulary the snare arn't typical, but work ok. So no real problems there.
Mainly I'd play with different patches and processing for the low bass.
Good work though man. :)

Thanks man. I'll be looking at it today actually :)

Good tips for deep sub is a single sine wave played on some low note, then some EQing and some distortion, another good tip is using some 808 or 909 kicks in a sampler, and EQing, distorting them until you like the result. 808 Kicks rule!

Back
Top Bottom